Monte

Getting Police Certificate in Thailand

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
15 hours ago, John951 said:

Damn, that sucks

@John951, previously you noted that your fiancée submitted her request for the police certificate on 11/14 and was quoted a 3 week delivery turn around (returned by 12/5 I presume).   Did that turn out to be accurate?  

As you state, it sucks that @x3n is still waiting (even after paying the "expedite fee" for "early" delivery.)   

(Note that the US Embassy Bangkok states that delivery time is 3 weeks and there is  "no express service or any extra charges", so now that we are seeing reports of stated standard delivery times of 3 weeks, I wonder if someone from the US Embassy rattled some cages over at the Thai Police operation to get processing back to their previous agreement.)  :bonk:

Reference:  https://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/thaipolicecert.pdf

Timeline
6 hours ago, JoelThai said:

@John951, previously you noted that your fiancée submitted her request for the police certificate on 11/14 and was quoted a 3 week delivery turn around (returned by 12/5 I presume).   Did that turn out to be accurate?  

As you state, it sucks that @x3n is still waiting (even after paying the "expedite fee" for "early" delivery.)   

(Note that the US Embassy Bangkok states that delivery time is 3 weeks and there is  "no express service or any extra charges", so now that we are seeing reports of stated standard delivery times of 3 weeks, I wonder if someone from the US Embassy rattled some cages over at the Thai Police operation to get processing back to their previous agreement.)  :bonk:

Reference:  https://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/thaipolicecert.pdf

She got her certificate which came translated in English on the 5th of December

Edited by John951

Timeline

My fiancee went over there on Dec 12.   You can opt for pick up or mail.  She opted for pick up.   Pick up date is Jan 3.   100 baht.   Docs provided were passport photo,  intent letter, NOA1, my passport, her ID card, her household registration from hometown.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 11:23 AM, John951 said:

Damn, that sucks

It gets better. After waiting 5 weeks for our 3 week processing, my fiance' went down to the station and was told they had 'lost' the paperwork. So she's gone back home (near Khon Kaen) to visit the amphur again and get another set of documents. She'll be going back to the BKK police HQ again next week - and probably have to pay the bribe again.

So anyway, if the BKK police ask for a copy of your US tax returns with your fiance's police clearance paperwork, it's probably a bad sign. My assumption is that the clearance paperwork was tossed in the trash and the tax return sold for identity theft. I'll report back if we ever make it through this hoop. 

Timeline

The Thai police certificate process, generates the most varied results of any other item it seems.   Some people have such a difficult time, regardless of whether they pay the bribe, and some people just breeze through.   For us, it was a snap........she applied Dec 12 with the docs noted above with the standard 100 baht fee, and January 3 she went back to collect the document.   No problems.

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 12/17/2018 at 8:36 PM, DanielPlainview said:

My fiancee went over there on Dec 12.   You can opt for pick up or mail.  She opted for pick up.   Pick up date is Jan 3.   100 baht.   Docs provided were passport photo,  intent letter, NOA1, my passport, her ID card, her household registration from hometown.

Why do you need to submit a letter of intent? It’s not listed. It is required? Is it the same intent letter we sent in with the i129f packet?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, lilaznboy12 said:

Why do you need to submit a letter of intent? It’s not listed. It is required? Is it the same intent letter we sent in with the i129f packet?

Yes it's the same letter as you sent with your i129f. The purpose is to show you still intend to marry after the 6 month wait for the noa2. Just redo the same letter with today's date and sign again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.