yvonne@2018

VA disability compensation income NO TAX Returns! I864

7 posts in this topic

Hi I am looking for some advice.

On the I-864 affidavit of support you have the question: are you domiciled in the US. I am not sure if I filled it in correctly.

I have my interview on the 11th. My husband is currently with me in the Netherlands but we bought him a ticket for the 15th of september so he can go a little earlier and set things up in our new home.

So when my husband signed the affidavit of support and during the interview technically his domicile is still in the Netherlands right? so I answer NO?

I did attach a statement explaining our plans and also added a copy of our rent to own contract of the property that we are going to live in and I added the bought ticket.

Will this be ok or do I need to answer YES to the question since he is re establishing domicile?

I hope to get some feedback from people that went trough the same problem and how you solved it and if it was accepted.

Thank you in advance

Hi anyone on here that used a sponsor that does not have to file taxes and therefore has no IRS tax returns or transcripts?

My husband is a veteran who is receiving VA disability compensation. This is non-taxable income. I have my interview next week. Anyone had the same and can tell me if it was a problem?

thank you

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Similar topics merged~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 9/9/2018 at 2:16 AM, yvonne@2018 said:

Hi anyone on here that used a sponsor that does not have to file taxes and therefore has no IRS tax returns or transcripts?

My husband is a veteran who is receiving VA disability compensation. This is non-taxable income. I have my interview next week. Anyone had the same and can tell me if it was a problem?

thank you

if he has not need/required to file tax for the last 3 years, then there is no tax return/transcript you can show -> there is nothing you can do about this.  However, there are several ways to show/demonstrate that he will be able to support you financially when you come to US:

(1) Document to show how much compensation he receives 

(2) His bank account statements to show the balance for a few recent months

(3) Additional requirement benefits/stocks

(4) properties that he owns

(5) And find additional sponsor if it is an option

Edited by RLE

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, yvonne@2018 said:

Thank you it was accepted without any questions

I am sorry that I did not see this earlier but @RTLE is correct but you could also have shown the award letter showing what your husband receives every month as well. 

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, yvonne@2018 said:

Thank you it was accepted without any questions

What evidence did your husband end up sending NVC? I was thinking of submitting VA award letter, 3 months of bank statements, and payment history from ebenefits. Also, did he write an explanation of why he had no tax return?

Thanks

“I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.”

“I AM NOT ACCREDITED TO REPRESENT YOU BEFORE THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE AND THE IMMIGRATION BOARD OF APPEALS.”

Married: 03September2010

Beneficiary Country: Colombia

CR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 21March2011

USCIS Expedited Approved: 21June2011

NOA2: 21June2011

NVC Expedite Approved: 14September2011

Interview: 21October2011

POE: 28October2011

I-90 (Name Change)

NOA1: 03January2012

Biometrics: 07February2012

Approved: 07February2012

ROC (Approved)

NOA1: 28October2013

Interview: 22November2013

Approved: 11March2014

***Moved back to Colombia to finish graduate studies. Wife filed I-407 (Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residence Status) at the tourist visa interview. After finishing graduate school, we decided to move back to the U.S.***

B1/B2 (Approved)

DS-160: 12June2017

Interview: 12July2017

Filed I-407: 12July2017

IR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 09October2018

USCIS Expedite Approved: 05April2019

NOA2: 09April2019

NVC Expedite Approved: 23May2019

Interview: 10June2019

POE: 29June2019

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.