Harish

Potomac I-130 April 2018 come here

204 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone quick question. 

I live with my parents and I have filed for my wife's I-130. I will be traveling to India in the first week of November and Coming back in March 2019. 

According to VJ my NOA2 is suppossed to come in around 2nd November. Would it be okay to pay the fees and submit documents from India or will I have to come back to submit the fees and documents from India. 

Is it okay to gather and prepare all the Supporting documents ahead of time and have my father send those documents on my behalf? 

Please advice.

Thank You in advance. 

1 hour ago, rohanparth said:

I live with my parents and I have filed for my wife's I-130. I will be traveling to India in the first week of November and Coming back in March 2019. 

According to VJ my NOA2 is suppossed to come in around 2nd November. Would it be okay to pay the fees and submit documents from India or will I have to come back to submit the fees and documents from India. 

Is it okay to gather and prepare all the Supporting documents ahead of time and have my father send those documents on my behalf? 

Please advice.

Thank You in advance. 

•  

Hey 👋🏻 

My wife is the petitioner and she wanted to come india too in this month only, but then we asked the lawyer and he said it’s better to go after NVC is sent to india because You never know when your presence is essential for any stupid reason! Our NOA2 is estimated in first week ok November and now she would come in first week of December, and we both will attend the visa interview together and travel to USA thenafter. 

Timeline

I've been following the I-130 March 2018 Thread, and I've seen couple March files get approved. The thing that concerns me is that I've noticed that Potomac Service Center has been approving filers based on country. I've just noticed this trend for some reason.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, rohanparth said:

I've been following the I-130 March 2018 Thread, and I've seen couple March files get approved. The thing that concerns me is that I've noticed that Potomac Service Center has been approving filers based on country. I've just noticed this trend for some reason.

Which coutries for exemple?

I noticed that they approuve february and march at the same time.

14 hours ago, rohanparth said:

Yes exactly!! I have noticed that too :( 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Harish said:

Even india :( 

Yup, I think All the Asian countries have little longer wait time than some of the countries. Maybe due to the fact that there are so many petitions going in from those countries. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Harish said:

Thats like 200 days wow, i hope i get it early :( 

My PD is March 23rd so I hope to get it within next two weeks, but let's hope that NVC doesn't take as long. 

2 hours ago, rohanparth said:

My PD is March 23rd so I hope to get it within next two weeks, but let's hope that NVC doesn't take as long. 

2 hours ago, rohanparth said:

Now i am worried my PD is april 17th 😰 and i was hoping to get it in like 3 weeks from today but now i guess i need to wait more :( 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Harish said:

Now i am worried my PD is april 17th 😰 and i was hoping to get it in like 3 weeks from today but now i guess i need to wait more :( 

Hopefully we won't have to. Keep Praying and going to Mandir that's the best option. 

On 9/29/2018 at 8:08 PM, rohanparth said:

Please advice.

Thank You in advance. 

•  

Please do not rely too heavily on those estimates.  They are just taken from people here and we represent a very small sample of all filers.  It is good information but only rarely do those estimates come close.  We were K-1 filers in June of 2017.  Our estimated approval was first listed as September of 2017.  When we were approved in March of 2018 our VJ estimate showed our NOA2 date at December 12, 2017.  If people fill out their timelines then leave the site, their numbers will skew everything.  Igor tries to remove those but it is tougher for CR-1 since they do occasionally go over a year.  Yes, our approval, and a lot of other June 2017 filers approvals came 4 months AFTER the estimated date given by VJ.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.