MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2019 at 12:10 AM, Gekgek said:

Can I verify something? Do I have to chose an agent first before paying the fees? That’s the first step on travel state website. When I log in on ceac it won’t let me click the chose an agent tab.  Thanks 

I didn’t have to chose an agent. You no longer have to chose one. At least it never gave me that option and I’ve seen a few people say the same thing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 11/2/2019 at 4:10 PM, Gekgek said:

Can I verify something? Do I have to chose an agent first before paying the fees? That’s the first step on travel state website. When I log in on ceac it won’t let me click the chose an agent tab.  Thanks 

hi i didnt have to chose an agent either. it actually confused me too. because i thought thats what i had to do first.

when you sign in at CEAC, first you put your case number and invoice number. then you chose if your applicant, attorney, petitioner, or third party agent.  thats it. then you log in and pay the fee. 

On 11/2/2019 at 3:10 AM, Gekgek said:

Hi! 

I called nvc (+16033340700), they told me ,I dont have to choose an agent. So I paid the fees, I completed ds260 ....

Good luck

1 hour ago, Gekgek said:
9 hours ago, Kukka.H said:

hi i didnt have to chose an agent either. it actually confused me too. because i thought thats what i had to do first.

when you sign in at CEAC, first you put your case number and invoice number. then you chose if your applicant, attorney, petitioner, or third party agent.  thats it. then you log in and pay the fee. 

Thank u for that info. I have another question   regarding the i864 form. I have 1 daughter that was born in US should I include her on the household size even though I did not carry her on my last tax return. Her dad Was the one who carry her for the last 2 years. Thank u in advance. 🤗

17 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

I didn’t have to chose an agent. You no longer have to chose one. At least it never gave me that option and I’ve seen a few people say the same thing. 

Thank u for that info. I have another question   regarding the i864 form. I have 1 daughter that was born in US should I include her on the household size even though I did not carry her on my last tax return. Her dad Was the one who claimed her for the last 2 years. Thank u in advance. 🤗

4 hours ago, Gekgek said:

Thank u for that info. I have another question   regarding the i864 form. I have 1 daughter that was born in US should I include her on the household size even though I did not carry her on my last tax return. Her dad Was the one who claimed her for the last 2 years. Thank u in advance. 🤗

Regardless of her father claiming her on his taxes, if she lives with you, then she is part of the household. So yes, she is included. I had to count my 18 year old daughter in my household as well. She’s a full time student but lives with me. 

7 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Regardless of her father claiming her on his taxes, if she lives with you, then she is part of the household. So yes, she is included. I had to count my 18 year old daughter in my household as well. She’s a full time student but lives with me. 

Thank u again. I really appreciate you responses. I’ve been away from my daughter since she’s 2 yrs old and now she’s already 8 yrs old that’s why I really want to be with her. Please help me with this again, it’s really confusing and I don’t want to make mistake. So, I sponsor 2 family member my first born daughter and my mom. I made 2 separate i864 for them. Since my income is not enough to cover both of them I use only 1 joint sponsor which is my uncle to sponsor my mom because my income can only cover my 1st born daughter. And then as I mention I have another daughter that was born in US I should include her also in the household size even I did not claimed her on my last tax. So My household will be me, my daughter here in US and my 1st born daughter that I’m sponsoring, total of 3 household. But my income can only cover 2 household, my question is, can I use my uncle again as a sponsor to my 1st born daughter even if I use him for my mom i864? His income is enough to cover both of them though. I hope u can understand my situation, I’m confused already. Pls check the picture I attached. Thank u. 

7AC3A1A3-390B-4047-BC58-ED8208E3C9B7.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Still no NOA2 but.... I received a letter yesterday (dated 10/31/19) from USCIS (local office) letting me know that I (Petitioner) have an appointment at the Immigration Service Office in 2 weeks.  This interview may be video taped and to expect to being at the interview for approximately 2 HOURS which makes me very nervous.  I hope all goes well.  Does any of you have an idea what kind of questions I'll be asked? or even why I am being interviewed?

personal picDaisypath - (mxJ9)

Jaz ❤️'s J. Pablo

Married - 06/02/2018

Filed I-130 Application - 08/16/2018

NOA1 (Potomac) - 08/20/2018

Transfer Notice  (NBC) - 02/11/2019

Transfer to Local office for Interview - 03/18/2019

RFE/Interview (Local office) - 11/18/2019

RFE SENT - 02/12/2020

NOA2 Approved -  (National Benefits Center) - 03/10/2020

19 hours ago, Gekgek said:

Thank u again. I really appreciate you responses. I’ve been away from my daughter since she’s 2 yrs old and now she’s already 8 yrs old that’s why I really want to be with her. Please help me with this again, it’s really confusing and I don’t want to make mistake. So, I sponsor 2 family member my first born daughter and my mom. I made 2 separate i864 for them. Since my income is not enough to cover both of them I use only 1 joint sponsor which is my uncle to sponsor my mom because my income can only cover my 1st born daughter. And then as I mention I have another daughter that was born in US I should include her also in the household size even I did not claimed her on my last tax. So My household will be me, my daughter here in US and my 1st born daughter that I’m sponsoring, total of 3 household. But my income can only cover 2 household, my question is, can I use my uncle again as a sponsor to my 1st born daughter even if I use him for my mom i864? His income is enough to cover both of them though. I hope u can understand my situation, I’m confused already. Pls check the picture I attached. Thank u. 

7AC3A1A3-390B-4047-BC58-ED8208E3C9B7.jpeg

Your welcome. When I answered your first question I thought your us citizen daughter lived with you. Since she doesn’t, no you do not include her as part of your household. And yes. Your uncle can joint sponsor both your 1st born and mother. Your joint household sponsor should include his household plus who he is sponsoring on “each form” 5 each on total. Your 864 is correct. 

19 hours ago, Jaz & JP said:

Still no NOA2 but.... I received a letter yesterday (dated 10/31/19) from USCIS (local office) letting me know that I (Petitioner) have an appointment at the Immigration Service Office in 2 weeks.  This interview may be video taped and to expect to being at the interview for approximately 2 HOURS which makes me very nervous.  I hope all goes well.  Does any of you have an idea what kind of questions I'll be asked? or even why I am being interviewed?

Hi there. I can’t believe you are still going through this. From what I’ve seen with previous cases when the petitioner attends interview at local office for spouse petition, they ask questions regarding your marriage and proving its bonafide. Unless there are previous criminal records and they want to clear that up. 

2 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Your welcome. When I answered your first question I thought your us citizen daughter lived with you. Since she doesn’t, no you do not include her as part of your household. And yes. Your uncle can joint sponsor both your 1st born and mother. Your joint household sponsor should include his household plus who he is sponsoring on “each form” 5 each on total. Your 864 is correct. 

No, your correct I forgot to mention that I have 2 kids. My oldest was born in Philippines, and my youngest is a us citizen. Now I can finished my aos form. I’m really thankful for all your help. 🤗

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.