Cheridane123

Husband name not on the birth certificate

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello everyone . I filed for my husband last week and I received NOA1 today , we have 3 childrens together but my husband name is not on the birth certificate , should that be a issue ? But all the children have my husband ‘s last name as their middle name . I am just worried if the visa can be denied because his name is not on birth certificate . Thanks for any suggestion 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

it wouldnt be denied because of that. I am assuming the children are in the US and are USC.

why is he not listed on their birth certificates if he is the biological father ?

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
30 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

it wouldnt be denied because of that. I am assuming the children are in the US and are USC.

why is he not listed on their birth certificates if he is the biological father ?

Yes they are USC. He is not listed because at the hospital they have a form that the father have to fill out and sign for paternity , and he was not in the USA . 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Some States do require the father to be present to sign, to have his name on the Certificate.  The issue will be that you have no "evidence" that he is the father of your children, so it is more difficult to show the children together as relationship evidence.  Did you list these children as HIS children directly below listing yourself as his wife on page 6 of the I-130?  Do you have evidence the two of you were together when the children were conceived?  Were you married when the children were conceived?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

Some States do require the father to be present to sign, to have his name on the Certificate.  The issue will be that you have no "evidence" that he is the father of your children, so it is more difficult to show the children together as relationship evidence.  Did you list these children as HIS children directly below listing yourself as his wife on page 6 of the I-130?  Do you have evidence the two of you were together when the children were conceived?  Were you married when the children were conceived?

Yeahhh we do have pictures , airplanes tickets , photos with him and the kids when we visited him back home . Our marriage took place in my country (Cameroon ) 

Timeline
Just now, Cheridane123 said:

Yeahhh we do have pictures , airplanes tickets , photos with him and the kids when we visited him back home . Our marriage took place in my country (Cameroon ) 

I asked several questions that were specific. Which of you is the foreigner?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

I asked several questions that were specific. Which of you is the foreigner?

My husband is foreign and I am USC 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Yes I listed the children as HIS

Timeline
Just now, Cheridane123 said:

Yes I listed the children as HIS

And, do you have evidence you were together WHEN the children were CONCEIVED?  Were you MARRIED when they were conceived?  All this is relevant and how much of an issue you have to deal with, depends on the answers to THOSE specific questions.  If all the answers are yes, and you have provided that evidence, you have no worries.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

And, do you have evidence you were together WHEN the children were CONCEIVED?  Were you MARRIED when they were conceived?  All this is relevant and how much of an issue you have to deal with, depends on the answers to THOSE specific questions.  If all the answers are yes, and you have provided that evidence, you have no worries.

We just got married in January of this year , but we have all evidence that we were together when they were conceived . And I send some screen shot for our conversation on 2013 when our daughter got miningitis and I was at the hospital   With her , message shows our daughter picture that I was sending to him . I sended like 10 pages for our one month conversation for that period at the hospital . And some recent chat log . Thanks for your time . 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

not really your question, but I would have  DNA test done to prove he is the father (good for your immigration case though), and then add him to their birth certificates ASAP.

It will be needed as proof for many things (non immigration related) in the future. Such as health insurance, death benefits (if he qualifies) if he passes before they are 18 (my ex died when my kids were 10 and 16), and other things i know im forgetting at this early hour. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.