KKING

How long can US citizen baby stay in the Philippines?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Pi forum, from Off Topic - The OP is asking a country specific question.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, KKING said:

I am a Filipino citizen but my baby was born here so she is a US citizen.

We are visiting the Philippines in November 2018 and plan to stay until January 2019.

Can she stay in the country for more than 30 days or does she need a visa?

Any help would be appreciated!

You did not complete ROB with the Philippine consulate (and obtain the Philippine passport)? 

When you and your child are clearing immigration at the airport in the Philippines simply request a BB stamp in your child's U.S. passport, this will allow the child to stay in the Philippines for UP TO 1 year without a visa.    

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

36 minutes ago, KKING said:

Thank you Hank.

No I didn't do a ROB and obtain a Philippine passport- I was hoping to do this while in the Philippines. (Is this possible?)

No special requirements needed for the BB stamp? 

Just make sure that you are all in the same line together going through immigration on entry to the Philippines. Your wife with her Filipino passport is your  and baby ticket to a BB stamp. You also can get a BB stamp as her husband. I have received BB stamps on my entries with my wife. Just go through non-filipino immigration line all together. Bring birth certificate for your child and US passport. You need US passport. Marriage certificate if her last name does not match yours on her and your passports. Have your wife bring Filipino passport. Also, she will need her green card to get back into US and to show to Philippine travel tax so she does not need to pay travel tax fee on exit.

Edited by BlueDevil1442

Timeline
2 hours ago, KKING said:

Thank you Hank.

No I didn't do a ROB and obtain a Philippine passport- I was hoping to do this while in the Philippines. (Is this possible?)

No special requirements.   Carry a copy of the child's birth certificate .. for just in case.

ROB must be completed through the consulate having jurisdiction over the state where the child was born.

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#birth

The birth of a Filipino should be reported to and registered with the Philippine National Statistics Office through the Embassy/Consulate General having jurisdiction over the locality where the event took place. Please check the Consulate Finder or the Consulates Link for the states covered by the Embassy/Consulates General in the U.S.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, KKING said:

Thank you Hank.

You should complete the ROB abroad and apply for the Philippines passport before you leave if possible. It's much easier here than in Manila, where lines at the BI and DFA can be very long...

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

Timeline

If they had completed ROB at the required consulate already, and the child is 7 or younger there is no need for an appt at DFA for the passport, then pay for expedited processing they would have the passport back within a couple weeks. 

But that is an ...  IF  .. not a reality ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...

Im currently a naturalized US citizen. I was born in the Philippines and have a 3 month old son who is born here in the US. Both of us have US passports. 

Can both of us have a balikbayan stamp? 

Is a balikbayan stamp necessary if we are staying in the philippines for more than 10 weeks? 

please advise. Thank you. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, kenshi8 said:

Im currently a naturalized US citizen. I was born in the Philippines and have a 3 month old son who is born here in the US. Both of us have US passports. 

Can both of us have a balikbayan stamp? 

Is a balikbayan stamp necessary if we are staying in the philippines for more than 10 weeks? 

please advise. Thank you. 

Yes you both can avail to the BB stamp in your passport which is good for up to a year ( minus 1 day ;)  ) stay in the Philippines.

You only get a 30 day visa upon arrival if you DO NOT avail to the BB stamp in your passports (do carry a copy of both your birth certificates .. just in case)    Smart move is get the stamp in your passport

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.