TBoneTX

I-751 March 2017 Filers, Part II

280 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, cyberducky said:

Hey guys, all the way since march 2017. Logged o to my profile and saw "new card is in production " thank yoiu everyone here and i hope everyone that is waiting for theirs will receive it hitch free

Have you applied for N400? Did you do anything special to speed up the processing time, like calling an immigration officer? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kira702 said:

Have you applied for N400? Did you do anything special to speed up the processing time, like calling an immigration officer? 

i only filled the long processing time form since mine was well over 18 months.

On 11/8/2018 at 12:57 PM, cyberducky said:

hey, does the case status change to RFE requested on the usics case status page on the immigration website ?

Mine did when i received RFE a while  back, it even changed after they received my response

Hey guys,

I applied my I-751 back in  march 2017, it was transferred to Nebraska, got couple extension latters.

Today I checked my status and it was saying it was transferred to my local office (I am located in Ohio) .

Does it mean anything ? Do I need to be prepared for an interview ? Did somebody has received  this type of situation ? 

On November 13, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC****, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:03 AM, tiffynets said:

Cool background ^_^ I think you guys are even more solid than my husband and me, in terms of the case and documents. My husband was in and out of work a few times since we got married, so all the insurance are under me with him as beneficiary or covered dependent. Some of his W2 even had wrong address (I never noticed that until I put them together for RFE response because IRS was fine with that lol :dead: ). We don't even have a dog haha, just the two of us against the world :yes:

Like i mentioned, the officer who sent me the RFE had clearly stated in the RFE like so:

So that above was the only thing that actually matters in the RFE, everything else was just suggestion, nice to have. I also went to 1 lawyer just to hear from a legal professional perspective. He said "don't submit again what you did, submit new things to prove continuous of the relationship, also go strong on the affidavits, they suggest 2, you may go 3 to overwhelm them. And also make sure you go straight to the point when you explain things, don't write them 5 pages cover letter, keep it within 2 pages, else they might skip some important words". I went for 5 affidavits by the way :P In my cover letter I pretty much did bullet points saying "I'm respectfully submitting this because ... or to prove ... " and so on.

Our insurance was new too because I got a new job last year, so I submit those with explanation so they won't think I was re-submitting stuff. Same goes for credit card, since we lost the one we submitted, we had new card with new number, threw in an explanation and submit that. And other stuff like you guys did above.

Regarding the rental situation, I stayed honest: We started our lives together at ground 0 (no money - even though my job paid well so we didn't need a sponsor but we obviously needed time to save up - and average credit), so 3 years ago, all we could afford was sharing a small room in a house with other people (like stated above). And of course utilities were paid with rent and weren't under our names. Only until I got my new job (by then we had some money saved up and my credit was improved a lot), we were able to sign our first apartment lease (yay!). I couldn't contact the co-tenants anymore but lucky for me the landlord responded and agreed to write me the affidavit stating that we were living together in his property for the length of the rental and that utilities were under him and we paid him together with rental. Same goes for the other place. :yes:

So if they were also questioning your living situation, by all means find ways to explain that, tell them the stories, ask for witnesses to vouch for you. Explain why you don't have utilities bill under your names, and if you mother is your landlord, well jack pot :D She can write you some good words (mine did, we just didn't live with her, we came home to visit her together ;)). Letters from doctors are great too, they are the ones with high social status and thus are trustworthy and respected. I got two from my chiropractor and the care physician.

I also had a friend of mine from work proof reading my cover letter to prove any random person who doesn't know me well can still understand why I did what I did from the explanation and evidence that I provided.

Hope this help!

Thanks! I sent the RFE response package on Monday! I’m guessing with the holidays it will take some time but hoping We get good news soon! 

Finally. My case was approved yesterday (11/20) and then I received an approval notice this morning (11/21).  I am a March 27, 2017 filer, and my case was transferred from CSC to Nebraska on June 27, 2018.  It has been a long journey. I haven't yet file N400.

On 11/21/2018 at 7:25 AM, calliz said:

Thanks! I sent the RFE response package on Monday! I’m guessing with the holidays it will take some time but hoping We get good news soon! 

Awesome! Enjoy the holidays, wish you guys all the bests and card in hands soon :jest:

On 11/23/2018 at 12:55 PM, tiffynets said:

Awesome! Enjoy the holidays, wish you guys all the bests and card in hands soon :jest:

I forgot to ask you, how long did it take you to hear back? I hope it doesn’t take too long, just have so many things to stress about lately that I really wish I could get some good news soon!

Edited by calliz

14 hours ago, calliz said:

I forgot to ask you, how long did it take you to hear back? I hope it doesn’t take too long, just have so many things to stress about lately that I really wish I could get some good news soon!

Nope mine didn't take long at all. I mailed out on the September 12th, my online status changed a week after that saying they received it (even though I knew they received 3 days after according to tracking number :yes:) ... anyways, long story short, my greencard date is 10/10 :yes:

So not long at all :dance:

Finally, my app was approved!

3/20/2017 - case was rcvd

2/26/2018 - rcvd at local ofc

6/27 - trnsfrd to Nebraska

7/2018 - applied for N400 cuz i got tired of waiting! 

8/2018 - biometrics for N400

11/7 - called uscis for update, was told case is still within processing time

11/17 - card being produced

11/20 - case approved

11/24 - card delivered with correct details!!!

Edited by HeidiMae

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Got a TXT message from USCIS that my case was updated. 

One of the sites has nothing new, the other one said "Date of Birth updated" as entry, but the "banner" on top says "New Card Produced".

Seems this nightmare may be over...

No emails by the way, which is weird as I usually get an email too

• Want to transfer money from abroad to a US account? Or do you want to transfer money from your US account to your foreign loved one? Use TransferWise for rates MUCH lower than banks! Click HERE to TRANSFER MONEY internationally CHEAP!
  • You have some bad remarks on your credit report, and want to clean it up by the time your loved one comes to the US? Use a reputable Credit Repair company. Fortress Credit Pro has a money back guarantee AND only charges you for entries that are actually removed! Click here to enroll for Credit Repair

(Disclosure: The links to TransferWise and FortressPro are affiliate links, and their use can accumulate in benefits for me. Using the links does offer a discount to you by using them over enrolling through the main website, unless any promotions are run by the company)

14 hours ago, SimonAndKimberly said:

Got a TXT message from USCIS that my case was updated. 

One of the sites has nothing new, the other one said "Date of Birth updated" as entry, but the "banner" on top says "New Card Produced".

Seems this nightmare may be over...

No emails by the way, which is weird as I usually get an email too

Your I-751 is at which NBC ?  Lee summit Missouri? Or other national benefits center?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 hours ago, sasho said:

Your I-751 is at which NBC ?  Lee summit Missouri? Or other national benefits center?

I think it went from CSC to Nebraska and back to CSC, but I could be wrong

• Want to transfer money from abroad to a US account? Or do you want to transfer money from your US account to your foreign loved one? Use TransferWise for rates MUCH lower than banks! Click HERE to TRANSFER MONEY internationally CHEAP!
  • You have some bad remarks on your credit report, and want to clean it up by the time your loved one comes to the US? Use a reputable Credit Repair company. Fortress Credit Pro has a money back guarantee AND only charges you for entries that are actually removed! Click here to enroll for Credit Repair

(Disclosure: The links to TransferWise and FortressPro are affiliate links, and their use can accumulate in benefits for me. Using the links does offer a discount to you by using them over enrolling through the main website, unless any promotions are run by the company)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.