TBoneTX

I-751 March 2017 Filers, Part II

280 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Guys I need some help.

I applied for the remove of conditions last year and in March 2018 I started my divorce process, my divorce was final in May and I sent the USCIS the final decree.

I got 2 weeks ago a letter asking me to amend my process into a I751 with  waiver, I signed the doc and I sent to USCIS. Today i got this update:

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

On November 2, 2018, we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC17xxxx, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by December 2, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Do you guys have faced that before? I believe that means that I will called for an interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm so frustrated! 😓

I was approved back in March and they shipped the card, but to a non-existing address: they used the right street address, but my old city. I doubled checked everything and my address was corrected in all forms, including the address change I had done months before when I moved.

Anyways, the card was sent back as undeliverable and I got a notification saying that I needed to submit a request to have the card shipped again, which I did: 3 times already!! They always send the same email/letter saying:

"A review of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicates that your Permanent Resident Card (PRC) was mailed to you on March 2, 2018, at the address of record.  On March 13, 2018, your card was returned as "undeliverable" by the United States Postal Service (USPS).  A request to have your cad re-mailed as soon as possible to the address provided with this inquiry has already been sent.  Please allow at least 30/60 days for your card to arrive before contacting the National Customer Service Center at the number provided below. "

The only thing that changes is the number of days I should wait before contacting them again. I went ahead actually submitted a I-90 form to have my GC reissued, but they denied that saying basically the same thing as above.

At this point I'm thinking I should get an immigration attorney, but I don't know if an attorney would have any means to force them to stop dicking around and ship my card.

Anybody going through something similar?

Naturalization (on basis of military service)

10/2/2020 - Mailed paper application to military specific Chicago Lockbox.

10/19/2020 - Case "received and accepted" according to the online tracker.

10/21/2020 - Text/letter receipt received.

08/11/2021 - Interview scheduled: Sept 14th.

09/14/2021 - Interview + Oath at the Montgomery Office.

I-130 (for my spouse)

09/23/2021 - Filed online.

09/29/2021 - Received receipt letter for I-130.

09/30/2021 - Filed I-129F through the mail.

10/12/2021 - Received receipt letter for I-129F.

12/17/2021 - AR Status change.

01/12/2022 - I-130 Approved.

01/13/2022 - I-129F Denied.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Brunosss said:

Guys I need some help.

I applied for the remove of conditions last year and in March 2018 I started my divorce process, my divorce was final in May and I sent the USCIS the final decree.

I got 2 weeks ago a letter asking me to amend my process into a I751 with  waiver, I signed the doc and I sent to USCIS. Today i got this update:

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

On November 2, 2018, we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC17xxxx, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by December 2, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Do you guys have faced that before? I believe that means that I will called for an interview.

It must be nerve wrecking to have divorced after filing the ROC, but in the end of the day that law states you are entitled to keep your green because the divorce doesn't technically matter as long as the marriage was real. Marriages end all the time, that's not a reason for you not to keep your green card, but you do need to prove the marriage was real and it just didn't work out.

Naturalization (on basis of military service)

10/2/2020 - Mailed paper application to military specific Chicago Lockbox.

10/19/2020 - Case "received and accepted" according to the online tracker.

10/21/2020 - Text/letter receipt received.

08/11/2021 - Interview scheduled: Sept 14th.

09/14/2021 - Interview + Oath at the Montgomery Office.

I-130 (for my spouse)

09/23/2021 - Filed online.

09/29/2021 - Received receipt letter for I-130.

09/30/2021 - Filed I-129F through the mail.

10/12/2021 - Received receipt letter for I-129F.

12/17/2021 - AR Status change.

01/12/2022 - I-130 Approved.

01/13/2022 - I-129F Denied.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:30 PM, tiffynets said:

What you have already submitted shouldn't be submitted again. You should just submit new documents to support your case. I got an RFE too. In my RFE, the officer said that the copy of month-to-month room rental agreement wasn't enough to prove share residence. I was actually offended reading that, but then I took a deep breath, suppress my feelings and worked on the response so that it clear to the officer why we did what we did. I also went and ask for more affidavit letters from people that I thought would be strong witnesses: my mother, the landlord from those places that we shared room at, even our chiropractor as well. It worked :)
Besides that, I submitted new tax returns, new insurance policies from my new employer, new pictures, new flight tickets, new hotel receipts, new everything. I got approved about a month after I submitted my response.

Hope this help and best of luck to you guys!

Thanks so much!

im submitting also bank statements from 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, more pictures, even records of the dog we have since we don’t have children due to a medical condition I have,  should I go ahead and explain that?  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Finally got my I-751 approved! I got a text said my case was updated at 11:21 pm Friday night lol... Got up immediately to checked the case.

CSC filer.

Mar. 20, 2017  NOA 1

Jun. 26, 2018  Case transferred to Nebraska(Funny is when i called in October, the automatic system said my case was transferred to CSC... totally a mess ) 

Jul. 06, 2018   They were wroking on my case.

Jul. 31, 2018  Required a general inquiry. Got a call but no useful information provided.

Aug. 06, 2018 18 months extension letter.

Oct. 16, 2018  Fill for an appointment for urgent advance parole(All info-pass appointments are booked at my local office) and rec'd a call from a Tier 2 agent from Kansas City Field Office next day. Told me to wait for another 15-30 days to contact again.

Nov. 02,2018  Case is approved and new card is ordered.(Luckily i didn't get any RFE or interview )

Hopefully i can get the new card within next 2 weeks so i might still have time to apply for a REAL ID. I was worried that i won't be able to fly to TX to attend my husband's Airman graduation b/c the 18-month extension letter will expire one day before it. That was close phew... Finally i can close this long waiting chapter of my life. Wish anyone still waiting will hear good news soon!

On 11/3/2018 at 4:56 PM, calliz said:

Thanks so much!

im submitting also bank statements from 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, more pictures, even records of the dog we have since we don’t have children due to a medical condition I have,  should I go ahead and explain that?  

Hey sorry for the late response, i was traveling for work the last few days, hope this didnt hold up your progress.

I shouldn't tell you what not to do, but I can share with you that my husband and I don't have children either, and it's simply our choice. We don't want kids, we'd rather live our lives together to the fullest and focus on our careers for now, especially me. I just simply cant imagine myself giving up my career to be a mother just yet. So I didn't mention anything about kids when I first submitted the case as well as when I responded to the RFE. I simply went with what we have, provided explanation, supporting evidence for those things. For example, I submitted our join checking account bank statement, so I included a brief explanation in the cover letter that they would find the statement on page 30 (I put all the docs in a binder and marked the pages accordingly), and within the statement they should find transactions of rent, utilities payments and so on. I felt like if i included what we don't have and try to explain them, it was just going to create more doubts and confusions. If they don't specifically ask about it in the RFE, I don't see why I need to explain myself. That was what I thought :) But yeah, doggy sounds cute and very persuasive since he is an important part of your life, send them a pic of you guys doing things together with doggy, I think that's cute :jest:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Our journey concludes here. My wife just became US citizen as of yesterday morning! :jest:

They never actually sent us the 10 yr GC. We may have saved a lot of time by filing N400 with pending I751 (CSC filer). Anyone still on the fence about applying for Citizenship, don't think about it too much. Just file it online, as long as you are eligible, there won't be any issues. Just make sure to bring your spouse to your N400 interview,  because they do conduct combo interviews when an I751 is pending approval. 

Edited by flash9153

5/1/2014: I-130 Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

5/23/2015: US Entry :jest:

3/1/2017: Filed i-751 (California Service Center,  transferred to National Benefits Center on 3/13/2018)

2/23/2018: Filed N-400 online at Chicago, IL
10/03/2018: i751-N400  combo interview successful

11/05/2018: Completed Oath Ceremony, Certificate of Naturalization in hand! :jest:

4 hours ago, flash9153 said:

Our journey concludes here. My wife just became US citizen as of yesterday morning! :jest:

They never actually sent us the 10 yr GC. We may have saved a lot of time by filing N400 with pending I751 (CSC filer). Anyone still on the fence about applying for Citizenship, don't think about it too much. Just file it online, as long as you are eligible, there won't be any issues. Just make sure to bring your spouse to your N400 interview,  because they do conduct combo interviews when an I751 is pending approval. 

No, we did the same thing. Officer don't want to do the 751 interview

Edited by Didier Drogba

On 11/5/2018 at 11:41 AM, tiffynets said:

Hey sorry for the late response, i was traveling for work the last few days, hope this didnt hold up your progress.

I shouldn't tell you what not to do, but I can share with you that my husband and I don't have children either, and it's simply our choice. We don't want kids, we'd rather live our lives together to the fullest and focus on our careers for now, especially me. I just simply cant imagine myself giving up my career to be a mother just yet. So I didn't mention anything about kids when I first submitted the case as well as when I responded to the RFE. I simply went with what we have, provided explanation, supporting evidence for those things. For example, I submitted our join checking account bank statement, so I included a brief explanation in the cover letter that they would find the statement on page 30 (I put all the docs in a binder and marked the pages accordingly), and within the statement they should find transactions of rent, utilities payments and so on. I felt like if i included what we don't have and try to explain them, it was just going to create more doubts and confusions. If they don't specifically ask about it in the RFE, I don't see why I need to explain myself. That was what I thought :) But yeah, doggy sounds cute and very persuasive since he is an important part of your life, send them a pic of you guys doing things together with doggy, I think that's cute :jest:

Thank you for replying back! So just a bit of background, we got married in 2013 but we actually didn’t apply for AOS until late feb and got approved at the beginning of 2015, stupid me I didn’t save the stuff I sent back then so I don’t have a lot from the early years. The RFE asked for proof of same residence, commingling of finances and children, this is so far what we have gathered:

Copies of both or driver licenses showing same residence (we sent this in the past, but we just renewed them) 

Car insurance showing both of us under samepolicy for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

IRS transcripts for 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017

2015 (copy of amended tax submitted to IRS as we just did this) 

joint savings bank acct statements from 2015 to current (that’s when we opened the acct and I forgot to send this initially as I only sent a Silly paper card from the bank that showed our same acct number)

Life insurance statement from work from 2015-2018 showing me as a beneficiary on his policy 

Life insurance statement from 2016 to 2018 showing him as beneficiary on my policy

2016-2017 401k showing him as the beneficiary on my acct 

current 401k showing him as the beneficiary

husbands 401k showing me as beneficiary

medical insurance cards showing me listed as covered dependent from 2013 - 2016 (we currently have separate medical insurance because it made more sense financially)

the house we live in is owned by my mother, so she wrote a notarized affidavit stating that we have been living here since we got married in 2013 and that we are responsible for all utilities

utility bills (this one is tough as none of our utilities allow two people as acct holders and I wasn’t able to get previous statements except from cable company going all the way back to 2013) electric in his name I will send 2018 statements and I have an old statement showing that the account has been active since feb 2013 at our current residence. Water is in my name I can show statements as early as 2014, cable is in his name and sadly we could only get 2017, 2018 statements so not sure what to do here?

my credit is terrible so we don’t have any other joint accounts but I do have one secured card to try to rebuild my credit and I just added him as an authorized user, the problem is his card won’t appear in past statements should I just go ahead send a copy of the credit cards only?And explain our financial situation? 

Sending vet bills showing us both as responsible for our dog +pictures

Im also sending copies of our annual disney passes, membership cards to AAA, costco cards

two affidavits from family

About 30 different bills sent to each of us at our residence from 2013 until today

pictures of us, family and friends over the years and cards addressed to both of us and each other

honestly not sure what else to send 😕 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Didier Drogba said:

No, we did the same thing. Officer don't want to do the 751 interview

I'm so sorry to hear. Where was your interview? Perhaps it depends on which office.

5/1/2014: I-130 Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

5/23/2015: US Entry :jest:

3/1/2017: Filed i-751 (California Service Center,  transferred to National Benefits Center on 3/13/2018)

2/23/2018: Filed N-400 online at Chicago, IL
10/03/2018: i751-N400  combo interview successful

11/05/2018: Completed Oath Ceremony, Certificate of Naturalization in hand! :jest:

13 hours ago, calliz said:

Thank you for replying back! So just a bit of background, we got married in 2013 but we actually didn’t apply for AOS until late feb and got approved at the beginning of 2015, stupid me I didn’t save the stuff I sent back then so I don’t have a lot from the early years. The RFE asked for proof of same residence, commingling of finances and children, this is so far what we have gathered:

Copies of both or driver licenses showing same residence (we sent this in the past, but we just renewed them) 

Car insurance showing both of us under samepolicy for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

IRS transcripts for 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017

2015 (copy of amended tax submitted to IRS as we just did this) 

joint savings bank acct statements from 2015 to current (that’s when we opened the acct and I forgot to send this initially as I only sent a Silly paper card from the bank that showed our same acct number)

Life insurance statement from work from 2015-2018 showing me as a beneficiary on his policy 

Life insurance statement from 2016 to 2018 showing him as beneficiary on my policy

2016-2017 401k showing him as the beneficiary on my acct 

current 401k showing him as the beneficiary

husbands 401k showing me as beneficiary

medical insurance cards showing me listed as covered dependent from 2013 - 2016 (we currently have separate medical insurance because it made more sense financially)

the house we live in is owned by my mother, so she wrote a notarized affidavit stating that we have been living here since we got married in 2013 and that we are responsible for all utilities

utility bills (this one is tough as none of our utilities allow two people as acct holders and I wasn’t able to get previous statements except from cable company going all the way back to 2013) electric in his name I will send 2018 statements and I have an old statement showing that the account has been active since feb 2013 at our current residence. Water is in my name I can show statements as early as 2014, cable is in his name and sadly we could only get 2017, 2018 statements so not sure what to do here?

my credit is terrible so we don’t have any other joint accounts but I do have one secured card to try to rebuild my credit and I just added him as an authorized user, the problem is his card won’t appear in past statements should I just go ahead send a copy of the credit cards only?And explain our financial situation? 

Sending vet bills showing us both as responsible for our dog +pictures

Im also sending copies of our annual disney passes, membership cards to AAA, costco cards

two affidavits from family

About 30 different bills sent to each of us at our residence from 2013 until today

pictures of us, family and friends over the years and cards addressed to both of us and each other

honestly not sure what else to send 😕 

Cool background ^_^ I think you guys are even more solid than my husband and me, in terms of the case and documents. My husband was in and out of work a few times since we got married, so all the insurance are under me with him as beneficiary or covered dependent. Some of his W2 even had wrong address (I never noticed that until I put them together for RFE response because IRS was fine with that lol :dead: ). We don't even have a dog haha, just the two of us against the world :yes:

Like i mentioned, the officer who sent me the RFE had clearly stated in the RFE like so:

You submitted:

- your conditional green card picture

- tax returns years blah

- two affidavits

- a joint monthly rental agreement with other co-tenants and a rental application. You may wish to submit an explanation which will establish the relationship of the co-tenant to you and your spouse. Additionally, there is no evidence to show a shared residence for the duration of your marriage since this is a month to month agreement.

- blah blah more regular stuff (insurance and picture)

So that above was the only thing that actually matters in the RFE, everything else was just suggestion, nice to have. I also went to 1 lawyer just to hear from a legal professional perspective. He said "don't submit again what you did, submit new things to prove continuous of the relationship, also go strong on the affidavits, they suggest 2, you may go 3 to overwhelm them. And also make sure you go straight to the point when you explain things, don't write them 5 pages cover letter, keep it within 2 pages, else they might skip some important words". I went for 5 affidavits by the way :P In my cover letter I pretty much did bullet points saying "I'm respectfully submitting this because ... or to prove ... " and so on.

Our insurance was new too because I got a new job last year, so I submit those with explanation so they won't think I was re-submitting stuff. Same goes for credit card, since we lost the one we submitted, we had new card with new number, threw in an explanation and submit that. And other stuff like you guys did above.

Regarding the rental situation, I stayed honest: We started our lives together at ground 0 (no money - even though my job paid well so we didn't need a sponsor but we obviously needed time to save up - and average credit), so 3 years ago, all we could afford was sharing a small room in a house with other people (like stated above). And of course utilities were paid with rent and weren't under our names. Only until I got my new job (by then we had some money saved up and my credit was improved a lot), we were able to sign our first apartment lease (yay!). I couldn't contact the co-tenants anymore but lucky for me the landlord responded and agreed to write me the affidavit stating that we were living together in his property for the length of the rental and that utilities were under him and we paid him together with rental. Same goes for the other place. :yes:

So if they were also questioning your living situation, by all means find ways to explain that, tell them the stories, ask for witnesses to vouch for you. Explain why you don't have utilities bill under your names, and if you mother is your landlord, well jack pot :D She can write you some good words (mine did, we just didn't live with her, we came home to visit her together ;)). Letters from doctors are great too, they are the ones with high social status and thus are trustworthy and respected. I got two from my chiropractor and the care physician.

I also had a friend of mine from work proof reading my cover letter to prove any random person who doesn't know me well can still understand why I did what I did from the explanation and evidence that I provided.

Hope this help!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys, all the way since march 2017. Logged o to my profile and saw "new card is in production " thank yoiu everyone here and i hope everyone that is waiting for theirs will receive it hitch free

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.