TBoneTX

I-751 March 2017 Filers, Part II

280 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Shanshanjamrock said:

Or it can be an extension letter they say approval would be one page that seem to be 2 pages.

I've got the extension letter last June. Hopefully this one is approval. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, meiliani said:

I've got the extension letter last June. Hopefully this one is approval. 

i got the same later as well. havent opened it. too scared to open. have you checked 

Timeline
2 hours ago, cyberducky said:

i got the same later as well. havent opened it. too scared to open. have you checked 

The letter i got was to validate the information on the previous extension letter. Pointless in my opinion 

Hi everyone, I received an RFE yesterday regarding our case. Two questions, can I travel abroad while rfe is pending?i have a trip this coming Friday.

second question, the letter said I need more evidence regarding living together, financial commingling as well as any power of attorney etc. The problem is my husband and I decided from the Beginning we wouldn’t be sharing a bank acct and for the last 5 years we have lived in a house that my parents own any ideas on how I can show more evidence. We have actually been married for 5 years and together for 8. Also initially I also only sent the tax return of 2014 as2015 had an error and we had to resubmit it.

im thinking of sending:

2014 tax return - again

2015 tax return

2016 tax return

2017 tax return

401k from 2016-2017 with him as beneficiary of my policy

life insurance, short term disability and accident insurance for 2016, 2017, showing him as beneficiary

and same for him showing me as beneficiary

condo insurance showing us both as insured parties

geico insurance showing both of our names for 2016, 2017, 2018

Current 401k showing me as beneficiary and showing him as beneficiary on mine 

ive added him as an authorized user to my credit card and he has done the same for one of his credit cards

energy, water, cable, and phone, although these do not have both of our names because the companies only let us add one we can show we are both responsible for the bulk of utilities bills at the same address.

copy of our DL showing same address

any other ideas?? Thank you 

So I was approved on Sept 12 (have green card in hand), and just received an extension letter to the extension letter to the extension letter. This one saying there were errors in the previous extension letter.  The left hand at USCIS clearly doesn't know what the right hand is doing. 

AOS on VWP:

2014-11-14 (Day 00) Filed for AOS, EAD and AP
2014-11-17 (Day 03) Status Expired / AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-11-19 (Day 05) Rejection Notice as two pages misplaced by DHS in I-130
2014-11-21 (Day 07) Resubmitted Application
2014-11-28 (Day 14) Resubmitted Application for AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-12-03 (Day 19) NOA for AOS, EAD and AP (I-131 was sent to wrong address)
2014-12-12 (Day 28) NOA confirming biometrics appointment (I never received this, only attorney did - presume lost in mail)
2014-12-20 (Day 36) Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2014-12-31 (Day 47) Biometrics Appointment
2015-01-04 (Day 53) Replied to Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2015-01-30 (Day 77) Offered a Job, submitted request to expedite EAD and AP, infopass meeting scheduled Feb 11
2015-02-10 (Day 88) EAD Approved online.
2015-05-29 (Day 196) Green Card Interview - APPROVED!
2015-06-05 (Day 203) Green Card Arrived

Removal of Conditions:

2017-03-07 (Day 00)  I-751 Package Mailed (CSC)
2017-03-09 (Day 02) I-751 Package delivered (CSC)
2017-03-13 (Day 06)  Checks cashed
2017-03-13 (Day 06) NOA Received 
2017-XX-XX (Day XX) Biometrics Letter 

Timeline
3 hours ago, calliz said:

Hi everyone, I received an RFE yesterday regarding our case. Two questions, can I travel abroad while rfe is pending?i have a trip this coming Friday.

second question, the letter said I need more evidence regarding living together, financial commingling as well as any power of attorney etc. The problem is my husband and I decided from the Beginning we wouldn’t be sharing a bank acct and for the last 5 years we have lived in a house that my parents own any ideas on how I can show more evidence. We have actually been married for 5 years and together for 8. Also initially I also only sent the tax return of 2014 as2015 had an error and we had to resubmit it.

im thinking of sending:

2014 tax return - again

2015 tax return

2016 tax return

2017 tax return

life insurance, short term disability and accident insurance for 2016, 2017, showing him as beneficiary

ive added him as an authorized user to my credit card and he has done the same for one of his credit cards

energy, water, cable, and phone, although these do not have both of our names because the companies only let us add one we can show we are both responsible for the bulk of utilities bills at the same address.

When did you file ?

5 hours ago, MikeNZ1984 said:

So I was approved on Sept 12 (have green card in hand), and just received an extension letter to the extension letter to the extension letter. This one saying there were errors in the previous extension letter.  The left hand at USCIS clearly doesn't know what the right hand is 

Indeed! So exasperating!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Green card in hand. Received Monday with a congratulations letter.  Also received something about an extension but I think I’m good! So, 10 years from October 15th that’s a nice break from immigration

lifting of conditions from March 07 2017 - October 15th 2018 roughly 19months. 

On 10/23/2018 at 6:20 AM, calliz said:

im thinking of sending:

2014 tax return - again

2015 tax return

2016 tax return

2017 tax return

What you have already submitted shouldn't be submitted again. You should just submit new documents to support your case. I got an RFE too. In my RFE, the officer said that the copy of month-to-month room rental agreement wasn't enough to prove share residence. I was actually offended reading that, but then I took a deep breath, suppress my feelings and worked on the response so that it clear to the officer why we did what we did. I also went and ask for more affidavit letters from people that I thought would be strong witnesses: my mother, the landlord from those places that we shared room at, even our chiropractor as well. It worked :)
Besides that, I submitted new tax returns, new insurance policies from my new employer, new pictures, new flight tickets, new hotel receipts, new everything. I got approved about a month after I submitted my response.

Hope this help and best of luck to you guys!

On 10/23/2018 at 5:04 AM, BlueBuy said:

Hi, If USCIS Send RFE Which documents they look for and which docs better to keep safe?

Submit anything that will support your case and keep safe things that might cause confusions, doubts, cannot be explained etc (like sometimes my husband and I argued about chicken dinner via text messages while we were at work ... definitely keep that to yourself :jest:) but submit things like pictures, tickets, receipts of events did together, tax returns, whatever financial things you share with each other, affidavits from real people around definitely a strong support too.

Good luck!

On 10/23/2018 at 6:20 AM, calliz said:

Depends:

- Is your extension (extension letter or passport stamp -- assuming your physical card has long expired by now) still good for the length of the trip (i.e. it doesn't expire before you need to re-enter US)? If so then you are A-OK :), if not then you should get a new passport stamp before traveling.
- Will you return before the deadline of responding to the RFE to submit it in time? (The first page of RFE tells you when is deadline and it is a hard deadline, if you miss it then your case is done most likely :unsure:) If you won't, submit before you go I would guess. My case was approved exactly 1 month after I mailed in the response so if you want to be there for the status when it comes then make sure you plan accordingly.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, santiagosilva said:

Does anyone have the updated list of the % of accepted March 2017 filers?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f-s4KWngNgoKROS9-8Lc739ZCJJTDXIpMTy_8hi15r4/htmlview#gid=1749769134

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.