psv57

N400 Experience

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats, you will enjoy the oath ceremony, its quite the thing.

08-20-2011 Married

Work Visa

03-04-2012 Obtained L1-B Visa at Champlain, NY POE

Green Card

(Day 0) 03-13-2014 Mailed AOS package to Chicago Lock box

(Day 29) 04-11-2014 Bio-metrics appointment letter received (appointment 05/02/2014)

(Day 29) 04-11-2014 Successful Bio-metrics walk-in @ West Palm Beach, FL

(Day 53) 05-05-2014 Received hard copy of Interview Letter.

(Day 82) 06-03-2014 Day of AOS interview, Approved on the spot, given an approval letter.

(Day 89) 06-09-2014 Green Card in hand delivered after only 89 days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Citizenship

(Day 0) 03-19-2018 N-400 Application Submitted Online

(Day 21) 04-09-2018 Bio-metrics Appointment @ West Palm Beach, FL

(Day 77) 06-04-2018 Received Interview Letter

(Day 114) Naturalization Interview - Approved on the spot @West Palm Beach, FL

(Day 116) Naturalization Oath Ceremony @ West Palm Beach, FL

________________________________________________________________________________________

Passport

(Day 0) 07-20-2018 Applied for passport (Non-Expedited) @ Clerk of Country, Port St Lucie Florida

(Day 17) 08-06-2018 Passport Received

Congratulations!  I will start preparing my paperworks this week to finally apply for my citizenship after being here for 10 years.

Edited by Davegie

Dave-Gie

3 hours ago, Davegie said:

Congratulations!  I will start preparing my paperworks this week to finally apply for my citizenship after being here for 10 years.

I suggest to file online which is more convenient and faster. Best wishes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, noorbob said:

Congrats!!! but that was interesting  "I asked front person and she checked, told my file was still being reviewed I asked front person and she checked, told my file was still being reviewed "    do they review the file in the same day of interview or before?

good question but as always I fail to understand USCIS.  Not sure why review was done same day..........  Maybe this officer got file and was covering for someone else or maybe because it's I showed up without a lawyer and got to this officer instead of another floor where file should have gone... Don't have a clue why :(

Naturalized citizen since September 2018

I485
08/15/2007 Filed AOS based on approved I140, EB3 category (Employment Based). Received RFE and responded....Pending since then.
I-130 Timeline:
07/03/13 - I-130 packet sent
07/05/13 - I-130 packet delivered
07/10/13 - NOA 1 with PD 07/05/13
Last touched 07/10/13
12/9/13 - Case update to "transferred to another office for processing" and received text and email alert.
12/10/13 - Case update "transferred to local USCIS office for processing"
12/12/13- Case update "transferred and being processed at a USCIS office"
12/14/13 - Received 2 hard copies stating transferred to California Service Center, left Priority Date blank
2/5/2014- Email/Txt I130 approved and notice mailed.
2/10/2014-Hard Copy NOA2. Approval
Back to I485
2/21/2014-Letter sent to request conversion for old I485 from employment to marriage with copy of I485 receipt and I130 approval
03/19/2014 - Service request to check on conversion request status.
04/04/2014 - Service request status through mail stating request received for conversion and file being prepared for transfer to local office.
04/08/2014 - I485 updated to "transferred to local office"
04/12/2014 - Received transfer notice in mail stating file transferred from Nebraska to NBC Lee Summit, Montana (so disappointed as I thought it was at local office now).
04/14/2014- emailed Nebraska and scopscata to see what's going on with file due to conflicting info I've gotten and NBC doesn't even show processing I485.
04/14/2014- Got response from scopscata saying will look into email, forward to resolution team.
04/14/2014- I485 updated to "485 was transferred and is now being processed at USCIS office"
04/25/2014- Text message and case update online "testing and interview" stage.
05/06/2014- Text message and case update online with interview date of June 11, 2014.
06/05/2014-Notice sent by NYC acting district director/office that interview date is Aug 21, 2014.....??????????? No change online
06/11/2014 - Interview for AOS. I130 was already attached. Approved and got passport stamped. YAY. Thank God.
06/19/2014 - Case updated online with text and email saying new card mailed.....

06/21/2014-Condtional GC received along with welcome letter.

ROC

04/06/2016- Filed I-751 along with evidence

7 hours ago, psv57 said:

Just an update to my almost ending journey with USCIS.....

I filed for citizenship in Dec 2017.  Forgot actual date.  Online estimated completion date was Dec 2018.  I'd stopped looking at it much being busy with a one year old.

Had my N400 interview in NY Federal Plaza yesterday.  Scheduled for 2:30 pm, 9th floor (Queens) and got there at 1:50 pm.  I was asked if my lawyer would be joining me and I told them no.  I'd used a work lawyer to simply do the paperwork but they weren't going to represent me.  So instead of being told to go to another floor, I was given a ticket number and told to wait.  Room had very few people.  Most people coming in to 9th floor were checking in and being sent to other floors.  So I was bit surprised and thought this was going to go fast.

My concerns going in.... I owed back taxes from 2016 due to hubby unemployment, cashing retirement.  Am on payment plan so took payment plan info and bank statements showing monthly auto deductions.  Also I had answered no to all questions on arrests, citations etc but afterwards remembered I had a ticket from 2016 that I pleaded not guilty (cause I should never have gotten that ticket) and the case has been postponed twice (once me being heavily pregnant, second the officer) and case is now scheduled for Nov 2018.  I read that you should let officer know.  Not sure.  I took my driving license record and the notice with date on it for nov 2018.  I also took dmv manual to show that I was not really required to be doing what office told me I should be doing when given ticket and that's why I am fighting it.

Back to interview day at federal plaza

even though only 2-3 people in front of me  (some people come to this floor to be seen at window for bringing documents, pics, questions etc).  I waited till almost 3:30 from 1:50.  I asked front person and she checked, told my file was still being reviewed which made me nervous why so long.  But then again I've lived in USA legally for 28 yrs almost and I have a huge file i'm sure.  Most officers were leaving around 3:30 and I was still waiting.

Finally got called by a younger woman at 3:30, walked back.  Was asked to swear to tell truth etc, did so.  She asked if I was waiving for lawyer to be there, I said yes.  Made me sign a screen acknowledging so, took fingerprints, pic.  

Went through basics of date of birth, address,  work info etc.  Verified hubby date of birth, if still unemployed (yes).  Then started questions from application, yes/no.  

When asked about taxes, I said I always filed but owe taxes, explained situation.  Showed docs on payment plan, bank statements.  She took those copies.  Said shouldn't be a problem as on payment plan.  

Then other questions.  When on question of arrest, citation, etc.  Told her about traffic ticket.  asked if i mentioned it on my GC application, I hadn't but it was after I applied for removal of conditions etc.  I told her I was pleading not guilty and why/about case.  I tried showing DMV printout which shows I am not required to be doing what officer asked.  SHe didn't look at that or DMV record.  She wanted to know the amount for fine which I didn't know and kept asking about that.  I asked if should be a problem she said she wasn't sure and would have to check.  

Then I had my English reading/writing, civics test.  I got first 6 right.  

Asked if I have 2 passport pics and luckily I'd read online and got 2 on way from Walgreens.  Not best looking.... but gave those and she had me sign them.

Then signed a screen showing changes to my application with traffic violation and taxes.  Also confirming some other info.

Given a sheet saying passed english/civics but can't make decision.

I asked again if will be a problem with the traffic violation and pending hearing.  She said she's not sure but can check on way out. I asked for her to do so please.

Then walked out.  She made me wait on side when she went to ask someone.  Came back and told me that it will not be a problem.  I asked how long is wait time now.  Said about 3 weeks but they have 120 days to make decision.

Left feeling better that at least she said all should be fine.

My phone was dying with 5 % when I got txt alert case was updated.  2 alerts.  Had to wait to get home and then checked and said oath ceremony was being scheduled.  Yay.

Today I was able to log in and see date.  9/11 Brooklyn Cadman Plaza ceremony at 8:30 am.

So almost there.

Just wanted to update for anyone looking for info.

Thank you for sharing your experience. My interview schedule/ civic test will be on Sept. 6, 2018. I don't have any idea that I need to bring w passport size photos. I am glad I read your post.

Timeline
Just now, EireneFaith said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. My interview schedule/ civic test will be on Sept. 6, 2018. I don't have any idea that I need to bring w passport size photos. I am glad I read your post.

I didn't too but after reading online took with me and I'm glad I did.  For some reason they were needed.  So do take photos with you.

I485
08/15/2007 Filed AOS based on approved I140, EB3 category (Employment Based). Received RFE and responded....Pending since then.
I-130 Timeline:
Last touched 07/10/13
12/9/13 - Case update to "transferred to another office for processing" and received text and email alert.
12/14/13 - Received 2 hard copies stating transferred to California Service Center, left Priority Date blank
Back to I485
2/21/2014-Letter sent to request conversion for old I485 from employment to marriage with copy of I485 receipt and I130 approval
04/04/2014 - Service request status through mail stating request received for conversion and file being prepared for transfer to local office.
04/12/2014 - Received transfer notice in mail stating file transferred from Nebraska to NBC Lee Summit, Montana (so disappointed as I thought it was at local office now).
04/14/2014- emailed Nebraska and scopscata to see what's going on with file due to conflicting info I've gotten and NBC doesn't even show processing I485.
04/14/2014- Got response from scopscata saying will look into email, forward to resolution team.
04/14/2014- I485 updated to "485 was transferred and is now being processed at USCIS office"
05/06/2014- Text message and case update online with interview date of June 11, 2014.
06/05/2014-Notice sent by NYC acting district director/office that interview date is Aug 21, 2014.....??????????? No change online
06/11/2014 - Interview for AOS. I130 was already attached. Approved and got passport stamped. YAY. Thank God.
06/19/2014 - Case updated online with text and email saying new card mailed.....

ROC

congrats!  thank you for sharing your story.  really happy for you.  and gives me hope that my NYC case may take less than one year.  let's see... 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Emmahello said:

congrats!  do i need to bring tax return? even if they dont ask to bring it

I took tax transcript that I got from IRS/State and account record (shows transcript and any balance etc I think) but didn't have to show.  since i had tax due, they were only interested in seeing the installment agreement for both state and federal.  I also showed bank statement to show monthly auto deductions.

I485
I-130 Timeline:
Last touched 07/10/13
Back to I485

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.