Beast7

Mistake on Form Ds_260 Need Advice!

18 posts in this topic

So guys 2 days before our lawyer filled out my form DS_260 and he make 2 mistake in my younger child information.He write his birth city wrong and second he write YES to question

(IS THIS CHILD IMMIGRATING WITY YOU?)

although he is not coming with me.

I called NVC to make change they say it will not cause problem but they say you cant make change.

Would these mistakes make any problem in interview???

I am a little worried as they might ask why you put yes for your child if he is not immigrating with you!

Category IR 1

4 minutes ago, Beast7 said:

So guys 2 days before our lawyer filled out my form DS_260 and he make 2 mistake in my younger child information

That's why I strongly suggest everyone: Never ever use a lawyer! Lawyers do not care about you, only about their personal interest.

I suggest you to write down a letter and give it to the Officer during the interview. In the letter, you have to explain that the lawyer made a mistake and provide the correct info about your child. It may seem as not important right now (because the child is not coming with you), but later may become a problem.

ROC

12/11/2018 - I-751 mailed (requested a fee waiver) to Lewisville, TX via FedEx

12/13/2018 - package delivered 

01/02/2019 - received text message from USCIS with case number starting with EAC

01/12/2019 - submitted online e-Request for non-delivery of NOA (the extension letter)

01/24/2019 - received the response to e-Request via e-mail, which says: "Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent".

01/28/2019 - received NOA (the extension letter), which extends GC for 18 months

01/29/2019 - received biometrics appointment letter

02/08/2019 - biometrics completed

22 minutes ago, Kiolas said:

That's why I strongly suggest everyone: Never ever use a lawyer! Lawyers do not care about you, only about their personal interest.

I suggest you to write down a letter and give it to the Officer during the interview. In the letter, you have to explain that the lawyer made a mistake and provide the correct info about your child. It may seem as not important right now (because the child is not coming with you), but later may become a problem.

Yeah you are absoloutely right!

Actually nowadays Lawyers are just charging a lot of fees and still making mistakes,why we need to go to lawyer if we still have to get problems.

Thank U i will take a written letter with me on interview.

12 minutes ago, H&T said:

You will be fine. It can be correct at the interview.

Thank U!

I was in stress about this thing!

@Beast7 Even the smallest, the most insignificant mistake with USCIS can later cause a major problem. In the future, be super careful, double check everything.

Unfortunately, USCIS makes pay us a huge price not only for our mistakes, but also for USCIS's mistakes as well. I spoke to many attorneys regarding my unfortunate situation (may face possible deportation due to USCIS mistake) and received paid legal consultation. However, these attorneys not only provided me wrong advice, but also tried to make my case to look more complicated than it is, just to charge more $$$. 

In the future, try to stay away from attorneys. They are disgusting!💩

ROC

01/02/2019 - received text message from USCIS with case number starting with EAC

01/12/2019 - submitted online e-Request for non-delivery of NOA (the extension letter)

01/24/2019 - received the response to e-Request via e-mail, which says: "Please allow 30 days from the date of this correspondence for the notice to be sent".

01/28/2019 - received NOA (the extension letter), which extends GC for 18 months

39 minutes ago, Kiolas said:

@Beast7 Even the smallest, the most insignificant mistake with USCIS can later cause a major problem. In the future, be super careful, double check everything.

Unfortunately, USCIS makes pay us a huge price not only for our mistakes, but also for USCIS's mistakes as well. I spoke to many attorneys regarding my unfortunate situation (may face possible deportation due to USCIS mistake) and received paid legal consultation. However, these attorneys not only provided me wrong advice, but also tried to make my case to look more complicated than it is, just to charge more $$$. 

In the future, try to stay away from attorneys. They are disgusting!💩

Yeah even a small mistake matters

These lawyers nowadays are really frustating.

Hope everything goes well for you!

Good luck

@Beast7Thank you so much😊

Good luck on the interview!

ROC

27 minutes ago, Byrd1 said:

U will be fine when ever ur intervw tell the officer tht day abut mistakes i do same 

Thank U

can u tell me what mistake you made?

and you told consular before interview?he inquire about those mistakes in interview? 

On Thu Aug 09 2018 at 3:53 AM, Byrd1 said:

I do 3 mistakes u have to told him or her when ur intervew start and send them email too 

Thanks i will tell 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We made one mistake on ours too.  It was the question where they asked if you have ever been denied a tourist visa.  We put no but then later she talked to her mother and she said yes you were denied a tourist visa when you were 7 years old.  Her mother said she was denied a tourist visa together with my wife and her siblings.  They were all children at the time.  We called NVC to fix it and they said it would not be an issue since she was a minor at the time, but to be sure to let the interview officer know in the interview to make sure it is corrected.  

On Tue Aug 14 2018 at 5:08 PM, Ben & Katy said:

We made one mistake on ours too.  It was the question where they asked if you have ever been denied a tourist visa.  We put no but then later she talked to her mother and she said yes you were denied a tourist visa when you were 7 years old.  Her mother said she was denied a tourist visa together with my wife and her siblings.  They were all children at the time.  We called NVC to fix it and they said it would not be an issue since she was a minor at the time, but to be sure to let the interview officer know in the interview to make sure it is corrected.  

Thanks

So did you tell consulat about that?

what did he say?

he asked question about that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.