Keith & Arileidi

DACA program should be fully restarted, federal judge rules

53 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

My wife is white, but definitely does not have an appropriate regional accent.  In fact, based on all the left wing hype regarding Russian collusion and Russians got Trump elected, I tend to worry about her interactions with others.  So far nothing.  I am not condoning anyone being stopped just to check status, I am only trying to point out that status and race, as some have suggested, do not go hand-in-hand.

We agree, I was only using examples from my experiences.

They do not, in your earlier post you mentioned the stop and frisk piece as being secondary to some other activity, the some other activity cannot be language, race or accent, that is where it becomes over-bearing

43 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I typically lean right, however I agree with Keith & Arileidi on this, here it seems foreigner means anyone not white and with an appropriate regional accent

My Son-In-Law is black, lives in a very white neighborhood, when traveling alone he has been stopped several times driving his late model car within the law on his own street by the police to determine his reasons for being there

My neighbors had a hard time accepting my wife who is Asian, we still get double-takes based on ager gap and mixed race  

I have been questioned when traveling with my mixed race grandchildren on what I was doing with them, were they mine, who's children were they

We have to many natural flavors to visually determine country of residence, in the absence of suspicious behavior there should be no stop and search or there should be universal stop and search

You brought up some good examples of racial profiling. Despite our contrary opinions on immagration, we all can agree that everyone deserves to live in the US without being harassed.

Growing up in a white suburb ,I personally have had a similar experiences to your son-in-law. Exclusively with white cops , and they ussually blame it on mistaken identity once they find out that I'm squeaky clean. 

(I should note that every cop I've dealt with has been extremely professional) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Randyandyuni said:

We agree, I was only using examples from my experiences.

They do not, in your earlier post you mentioned the stop and frisk piece as being secondary to some other activity, the some other activity cannot be language, race or accent, that is where it becomes over-bearing

Agreed, but as we all know, police can usually find a thin reason to stop anyone.  Heck, I remember when Michigan passed the seatbelt law, it was passed as a secondary event, in other words, only if someone is stopped for something else first could they be cited for not wearing a seatbelt.  Now it is a primary offense with seatbelt enforcement zones popping up every now and then.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

You brought up some good examples of racial profiling. Despite our contrary opinions on immagration, we all can agree that everyone deserves to live in the US without being harassed.

Growing up in a white suburb ,I personally have had a similar experiences to your son-in-law. Exclusively with white cops , and they ussually blame it on mistaken identity once they find out that I'm squeaky clean. 

I agree with this as far as Legal Immigrants are concerned, I still believe if found to be illegal they should be deported regardless of back story

4 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Agreed, but as we all know, police can usually find a thin reason to stop anyone.  Heck, I remember when Michigan passed the seatbelt law, it was passed as a secondary event, in other words, only if someone is stopped for something else first could they be cited for not wearing a seatbelt.  Now it is a primary offense with seatbelt enforcement zones popping up every now and then.

same in Ohio .. growth ... lol

2 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

I agree with this as far as Legal Immigrants are concerned, I still believe if found to be illegal they should be deported regardless of back story

I agree. If you are detained for some reason other than race or national origin, and you come up illegal.. Goodbye

2 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Wait. You are a person of color and got stopped by the police and did not get beat up or shot. Impossible 

13 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I agree. If you are detained for some reason other than race or national origin, and you come up illegal.. Goodbye

Wait. You are a person of color and got stopped by the police and did not get beat up or shot. Impossible 

Too much right-wing media.