dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lillyandkip said:

Hi everyone!

our case says approved on 08/06 on the new website (notice date in NOA2 hardcopy is 08/03). So it’s been around two weeks and we still didn’t get an update about the case being sent out to NVC. Is this normal? 

Yes it is normal. They sent my case to NVC after one month! But the good thing is they had approved my case in 2 months, so I guess I can't complain. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Washington123 said:

Yes. They say up to 3 weeks. That is a generic answer but they might complete your case much earlier than that. I called on Thursday and they said it would take up to 3 weeks but I checked on Friday and I had a case complete! You might have your case complete any day now! Good luck!!!

Great! Thanks for the news. I am hoping we get CC soon and then a quick interview. We are going to the US embassy in Athens which I hear is quicker than others. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
30 minutes ago, mumbles1416 said:

Is documentary qualified the same as case complete? 

Our case was just updated to documentary qualified.

Yes it is but call NVC for confirmation. Congrats on case complete 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

Yes it is but call NVC for confirmation. Congrats on case complete 

Thanks!  I just got the second email too telling us that our case is being sent to the montreal consulate and to expect to hear from them to set interview date. 

Excited for this next step.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 minutes ago, mumbles1416 said:

Thanks!  I just got the second email too telling us that our case is being sent to the montreal consulate and to expect to hear from them to set interview date. 

Excited for this next step.  

Wow that's great news, the finish line is near 

Hi everyone - my case has been at NVC for about 4 weeks now and I've been calling regularly to try to get my case number. Today when I called, I was told the data entry process for my case was complete and it was currently in quality control, which is the last step before a case number is assigned. The rep also told me that there is no time frame for how long the quality control step will take, but that "it doesn't take very long." She also gave me the standard line about how case numbers can take up to 8 weeks. Was anyone else told their case was in quality control and, if so, how long before you got your case number? I'm getting antsy! :) 

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Keeley said:

Hi everyone - my case has been at NVC for about 4 weeks now and I've been calling regularly to try to get my case number. Today when I called, I was told the data entry process for my case was complete and it was currently in quality control, which is the last step before a case number is assigned. The rep also told me that there is no time frame for how long the quality control step will take, but that "it doesn't take very long." She also gave me the standard line about how case numbers can take up to 8 weeks. Was anyone else told their case was in quality control and, if so, how long before you got your case number? I'm getting antsy! :) 

It took 6 weeks for me which is still quicker than some people, I have no complaints as long as my case progresses. Its hard to just wait and do nothing but it will pass ... hang in there :) 

Hey guys, I’m really getting concerned don’t know if this is normal. I sent civil documents/aos package to NVC via USPS  express on the 9th of August and it was delivered the very next day (Friday). Well the whole week passed by and every time I called NVC to ask if they received the package they said it wasn’t showing up on their system and it usually takes a couple days for it to get to there dept. as they have a lot of packages coming in daily.. now I just called them today again hoping that they already received it and nothing yet. I’m worried they lost it or something. Is this how long it usually takes for them to receive the package? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, melendeznair209 said:

Hey guys, I’m really getting concerned don’t know if this is normal. I sent civil documents/aos package to NVC via USPS  express on the 9th of August and it was delivered the very next day (Friday). Well the whole week passed by and every time I called NVC to ask if they received the package they said it wasn’t showing up on their system and it usually takes a couple days for it to get to there dept. as they have a lot of packages coming in daily.. now I just called them today again hoping that they already received it and nothing yet. I’m worried they lost it or something. Is this how long it usually takes for them to receive the package? 

Call again to confirm. NVC told me they received our package from uscis on April 30th,they also told my husband they received it on May 1st. Few days later,we called again and were told they receievd it May 1st.

While doing this,contact USPS to confirm if they delivered it and who signed for it.

19 minutes ago, Abies said:

Call again to confirm. NVC told me they received our package from uscis on April 30th,they also told my husband they received it on May 1st. Few days later,we called again and were told they receievd it May 1st.

While doing this,contact USPS to confirm if they delivered it and who signed for it.

Yes I will call usps tommorow morning and ask for a delivery verification, hopefully I’m just being impatient and all is normal! 

7 hours ago, Keeley said:

Hi Keeley... I was told the same thing, my case was loaded but they had to do final checks to make sure all the info was correct... it was a day or two after that I got my case number :D

2 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

Hi Keeley... I was told the same thing, my case was loaded but they had to do final checks to make sure all the info was correct... it was a day or two after that I got my case number :D

Excellent news! Hopefully that means my case number isn't too far away now - thank you!

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

17 hours ago, Washington123 said:

Yes. They say up to 3 weeks. That is a generic answer but they might complete your case much earlier than that. I called on Thursday and they said it would take up to 3 weeks but I checked on Friday and I had a case complete! You might have your case complete any day now! Good luck!!!

So you were right, and our case was reviewed yesterday, but they said our marriage certificate was scanned improperly. If we submit today how long will the delay be?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.