dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Uoas said:

I called NVC and they said Morocco is now pivot. We submitted all our documents online, I think that’s why it went quickly. I hope you will get it soon!! It’s the last part really before the finish line 🙂 

The Consulate is closed Mon, Tues, & Wed for Eid. So maybe we won’t hear anything more until later. 

nice hoefully you will get your interviw soon it looks like your case was completed within seven days including weekend i submitted everything online today aug 23 the latest cc i hope

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Abies said:

Yes... NVC phone number for immigrant visas. How far have you gone with your case?

Thank u ,actually still waiting for the cc.Just couldn't get into our account and we decided to call and find out what's going on with a case. They told us wait up to 3 weeks then we can call. All is working now, can check the status and log in.  Status says  submit required documents (we submitted August, 11).hopefully will get our cc in the end of next week, if we lucky )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Lalu said:

Thank u ,actually still waiting for the cc.Just couldn't get into our account and we decided to call and find out what's going on with a case. They told us wait up to 3 weeks then we can call. All is working now, can check the status and log in.  Status says  submit required documents (we submitted August, 11).hopefully will get our cc in the end of next week, if we lucky )

Alright.. I'm hopeful you will get CC next week. 

Best of luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 hours ago, bok05 said:

Hello guys!!why NVC sent us checklist to have co-sponsor but my wife's anual income meet to sponsor me in US coz the income for 2 is 20,575 but her anual income almost 30,000..do we need to file joint sponsor to show it in the consulate?our case is already completed

I guess your wife didn't make enough last year.

How much money she did last year. I mean what her income tax we're last year? 

I'm wondering they only compare the last income tax return or transcript with the poverty guidelines 2018.

For the courant year gross income they only make a prevision of the income she'll have at the of the year.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Beast7 said:

So guys today nearly 10 days passed to C.C at NVC.

I hope i get interview date in this week or next week of september.

Embassy Islamabad

Any update from you guys waiting for IsL interview date?

Good luck to those who got interview date.

We just sent the required documents and waiting for a CC at NVC

Good luck yours should be CC very soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/14/2018 at 5:11 PM, Keeley said:

If you were considered married during the tax year, you can't file as Single or as Head of Household as both of those filing statuses are for people who were considered unmarried for the tax year. (Source: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/determining-your-correct-filing-status)

If your spouse doesn't have a SSN/ITIN, then you would select Married Filing Separately as your filing status and you have to paper file your return. This is because electronic filing platforms won't allow you to leave the spouse SSN/ITIN blank, but a paper form will. I don't know if it's strictly necessary, but I also attached an explanatory statement to my return when I filed noting that my husband is not subject to US taxes and doesn't have a SSN or ITIN and the return was accepted with no issue. 

Hi thanks for info. I was told if i filed the irs would keep my return. I have dependents and was looking at a 3000 return. Is this true? Is it true if you file with itin they keep all your return? And why? Its my hard earned tax money. 

does this happen to anyone else before as pivot case my lawyer she sent all the documents via mail after she submitted the application online then I call the nvc to confirm if they receive my aos and iv packages they ask me how sent them I said mail they said it will be returned I got really mad and said to her I knew she was going wrong finally after I said I need all my documents back she submitted them online yesterday would that cause case delays?

On 8/17/2018 at 5:15 PM, Aadhi said:

Were you able to start IV application ?

Anyone know how long after we pay both AOS and IV fee the IV application is accessible ?

I don't want to send AOS and IV package in advance before finishing IV application .

Mine just switched over to PAID, I can now start DS-260. What about yours?

9 hours ago, Bluecheck said:

I guess your wife didn't make enough last year.

How much money she did last year. I mean what her income tax we're last year? 

I'm wondering they only compare the last income tax return or transcript with the poverty guidelines 2018.

For the courant year gross income they only make a prevision of the income she'll have at the of the year.

Her income tax last 2017 almost 30,000 and in 2016 25,000

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
46 minutes ago, bok05 said:

Her income tax last 2017 almost 30,000 and in 2016 25,000

You mean her gross income? If it is,this figure is good for 2household members but not more than 3household mebers.

9 hours ago, lvsweets said:

Hi thanks for info. I was told if i filed the irs would keep my return. I have dependents and was looking at a 3000 return. Is this true? Is it true if you file with itin they keep all your return? And why? Its my hard earned tax money. 

Do you mean you were expecting a $3,000 refund on your return?  Just because you provide an ITIN would not be a reason for the IRS to “keep your refund”, but your filing status does impact what you owe or what you are due. 

I can’t know what the outcome would be for you under a different filing status because everyone’s situation is different. The reason you might have a higher refund due with one status could be because there are different tax brackets and rates applicable to different filing statuses. If you visit the IRS website, and specifically read through Publication 501 you can find out which statuses you might qualify for. If you’re unsure of what the implications are for your situation, I would consult with a tax expert. Good luck!

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.