dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Saaniya said:

Well.. not that one which is at the top right corner of the page. 

When u go n check your immigrant Visa application status .. what does it say.. which appears in the center in bright blue.. that's your status.

You mean this?

11111111.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Washington123 said:

I just called NVC and got confirmation that my case was completed today. Now waiting for the last phase of this tedious process!!!

Congratulations 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Washington123 said:

I just called NVC and got confirmation that my case was completed today. Now waiting for the last phase of this tedious process!!!

congratulations!!!!!

7 hours ago, NJ & RJ said:

Thanks so much ! Understand better now. 

yes at first I e-filed and did it as “single” since they kept asking for a SSN.  

Then when I  that is a red flag with a consular officer, I took the advise from VJ family to amend to avoid issues with spouse petition; so I did the amend and selected MFS.  That’s when they returned it back and ask for spouse SSN

yes I selected the exemption box because my spouse isn’t working, not filing a return, nor can anyone claim him.  Do you think that’s the issue?

I think that’s right. I believe you would need an ITIN in order to claim an exemption for your spouse.  But again, I’m not a tax expert, so I recommend you double check this with a reliable source! :) 

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lalu said:

Hello,Abies. Can u please confirm the phone number of NVC to find out about the case completed.Is it 1-603-334-0700 

Yes... NVC phone number for immigrant visas. How far have you gone with your case?

So guys today nearly 10 days passed to C.C at NVC.

I hope i get interview date in this week or next week of september.

Embassy Islamabad

Any update from you guys waiting for IsL interview date?

Good luck to those who got interview date.

1 hour ago, Beast7 said:

So guys today nearly 10 days passed to C.C at NVC.

I hope i get interview date in this week or next week of september.

Embassy Islamabad

Any update from you guys waiting for IsL interview date?

Good luck to those who got interview date.

congrats were you required to send all documents on ceac

4 minutes ago, happilyvisa said:

congrats were you required to send all documents on ceac

Yeah we uploaded all documents to CEAC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.