dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview September 2018

3,252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Alyssamac90 said:

NVC just approved my police certificate today. But I may have to get another one with fingerprints before my interview? This is crazy. Does anyone have any more info on this? Any Canadians with interview dates after September 10th that can confirm whether that is needed? 

I've been cc since July 25th and this is first I've heard about the new change. 

I don't know whether to go get one or not, NVC accepted my police certificate 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Meghan&Gene said:

I've been cc since July 25th and this is first I've heard about the new change. 

I don't know whether to go get one or not, NVC accepted my police certificate 

I know, so crazy!  I don't know whether to get one to be safe, or whether it won't be needed since NVC accepted it. 

Timeline
On 9/4/2018 at 8:10 PM, TGP said:

Attention all applicants with interviews in Montreal:

My lawer called me today to inform me that my current RCMP background check will no longer be valid as of September 10th!

The Montreal Embassy has changed the requirements for police checks

This is freaking unreal, as my interview is September 14th.

Be advised.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

Please let us know what ends up happening with your interview regarding this check. Wishing you all the best!!

Timeline
Just now, Alyssamac90 said:

I know, so crazy!  I don't know whether to get one to be safe, or whether it won't be needed since NVC accepted it. 

Exactly! I'm worried I won't have time to get it completed and back before the appointment. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey guys! These past few weeks have been a joy! totally worth the year+ of waiting and crying and stress and overthinking! To those still waiting, don't give up! I cooked my hubby everything in the house like I said LOL and he made it in time for the family reunion where he met many generations on dad's side of the family.  The flight was smooth and when he went through customs, they didn't even ask him anything, they just took the envelope typed some stuff in the back, stamped his passport and welcomed him to the US.  He's been studing for driving, Permanent Residence Card and SSN Card should be here soon, and he's already been networking to begin working. (I'm so proud of my baby)

Many thanks to you all for the encouragement, information and advice, and the laughs! My hair would be lost without you! LOL!  I'm so blessed that the moment that I prayed for, is here now! Wishing the same for everyone that is waiting!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, LadyTT357 said:

Hey guys! These past few weeks have been a joy! totally worth the year+ of waiting and crying and stress and overthinking! To those still waiting, don't give up! I cooked my hubby everything in the house like I said LOL and he made it in time for the family reunion where he met many generations on dad's side of the family.  The flight was smooth and when he went through customs, they didn't even ask him anything, they just took the envelope typed some stuff in the back, stamped his passport and welcomed him to the US.  He's been studing for driving, Permanent Residence Card and SSN Card should be here soon, and he's already been networking to begin working. (I'm so proud of my baby)

Many thanks to you all for the encouragement, information and advice, and the laughs! My hair would be lost without you! LOL!  I'm so blessed that the moment that I prayed for, is here now! Wishing the same for everyone that is waiting!

Glad to hear everything is going well  with you and your husband. Very soon me and @Abies will be enjoying our husbands too lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

Glad to hear everything is going well  with you and your husband. Very soon me and @Abies will be enjoying our husbands too lol

You got yours too!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! I Love it! LOL! Did you already stock up the refrigerator? LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.