123 E Fake Ave.

Fake City, CA 91234

August 5, 2018

USCIS California Service Center

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075

Re: I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Joint Application with U.S. Citizen Spouse), Original Submission

Jane VisaJourney Johnson, A# 123-456-789, Conditional Resident Spouse

Dear USCIS Officer,

Please find enclosed a joint filing of Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, for my spouse Jane VisaJourney Johnson. Jane had entered the United States on a K-1 Visa and we had subsequently married. She adjusted status to permanent resident in November 2015. We have remained married and we happily live together. We respectfully request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on residence for Jane V. Johnson.

We have enclosed an original Form I-751, a check for $680 USD for the application fee and biometric fee, and a front and back copy of her I-551 Permanent Resident “Green” Card. To support our I-751 petition, we have included supporting evidence for your reference contained within the below exhibits, which are further outlined in the Table of Contents found within Exhibit A. For your convenience, we have included labeled tabs along the bottom for ease of use.

Exhibit A – I-751 Form + Fee, Table of Contents

Exhibit I – Proof of Insurance & Other Coverages

Exhibit B – Original Marriage Certificate

Exhibit J – Beneficiary Statements / Records / Benefits

Exhibit C – IRS Transcripts w/ Corresponding Federal / State Returns

Exhibit K – Power of Attorney / Wills / Access Request Forms / Other Authorization Forms

Exhibit D – Notarized Affidavit Originals

Exhibit L – Copies of Phone Bills / Other Bills

Exhibit E – Co-mingled Finances & Statements

Exhibit M – Itineraries / Travel Arrangements

Exhibit F – Home Title / Apartment Rental Lease Agreements

Exhibit N – Details of First Wedding Anniversary / Invitations / Receipts / Event Bills / Etc.

Exhibit G – Other Forms of Proof of Address

Exhibit O – Photos

Exhibit H – Health / Dental Insurance Proof

Exhibit P – Proof of OnGoing Relationship

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and we understand that we may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration officer at a later date. Please advise us if you have further questions or concerns related to this document.

We respectfully request that the interview usually required for the I-751 petition be waived under consideration of the evidence enclosed and in accordance to 8 CFR §216.4(b)(1).

Sincerely,

John L. Johnson                                              Jane V. Johnson

Date: ______________________                              Date: ______________________

Also a few questions on the I-751 Application on the evidence...

1) As I understand it, I only need to send the IRS Transcripts, but why not also include the jointly signed 1040s?

2) On each page of evidence, on the bottom, I plan on writing my wife's name in the form of Jane V. Johnson, A# 123-456-789... or should I put it as Johnson, Jane V.

3) Do I need to include the entire phone bill(s) to just show we call eachother? T-Mobile tends to also include pages of pages of Data usage...

4) Would it be better for me to put Notarized Affidavits ( they're already notarized!) towards the front or the back? Meaning, all financial stuff with financial stuff... Right now I have taxes, then affidavits, then the rest of the financial statements, etc.

5) So I currently make payments on my wife's car, but her name is not on the title - because with her not on the title - 0% interest. If her name was added... 5% interest. Do I need to explain any of this?

6) Let's pretend I have another legal name, like say Johnsie ( let's say it's like Bob vs. Robert ), that I have a few accounts use one or the other. Do I need to explain this at all?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Axle314

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Axle314 said:

How's this for a Cover Letter?

John & Jane Johnson

123 E Fake Ave.

Fake City, CA 91234

August 5, 2018

USCIS California Service Center

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075

Re: I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Joint Application with U.S. Citizen Spouse), Original Submission

Jane VisaJourney Johnson, A# 123-456-789, Conditional Resident Spouse

Dear USCIS Officer,

Please find enclosed a joint filing of Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, for my spouse Jane VisaJourney Johnson. Jane had entered the United States on a K-1 Visa and we had subsequently married. She adjusted status to permanent resident in November 2015. We have remained married and we happily live together. We respectfully request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on residence for Jane V. Johnson.

We have enclosed an original Form I-751, a check for $680 USD for the application fee and biometric fee, and a front and back copy of her I-551 Permanent Resident “Green” Card. To support our I-751 petition, we have included supporting evidence for your reference contained within the below exhibits, which are further outlined in the Table of Contents found within Exhibit A. For your convenience, we have included labeled tabs along the bottom for ease of use.

Exhibit A – I-751 Form + Fee, Table of Contents

Exhibit I – Proof of Insurance & Other Coverages

Exhibit B – Original Marriage Certificate

Exhibit J – Beneficiary Statements / Records / Benefits

Exhibit C – IRS Transcripts w/ Corresponding Federal / State Returns

Exhibit K – Power of Attorney / Wills / Access Request Forms / Other Authorization Forms

Exhibit D – Notarized Affidavit Originals

Exhibit L – Copies of Phone Bills / Other Bills

Exhibit E – Co-mingled Finances & Statements

Exhibit M – Itineraries / Travel Arrangements

Exhibit F – Home Title / Apartment Rental Lease Agreements

Exhibit N – Details of First Wedding Anniversary / Invitations / Receipts / Event Bills / Etc.

Exhibit G – Other Forms of Proof of Address

Exhibit O – Photos

Exhibit H – Health / Dental Insurance Proof

Exhibit P – Proof of OnGoing Relationship

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and we understand that we may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration officer at a later date. Please advise us if you have further questions or concerns related to this document.

We respectfully request that the interview usually required for the I-751 petition be waived under consideration of the evidence enclosed and in accordance to 8 CFR §216.4(b)(1).

Sincerely,

John L. Johnson                                              Jane V. Johnson

Date: ______________________                              Date: ______________________

1) As I understand it, I only need to send the IRS Transcripts, but why not also include the jointly signed 1040s?

2) On each page of evidence, on the bottom, I plan on writing my wife's name in the form of Jane V. Johnson, A# 123-456-789... or should I put it as Johnson, Jane V.

3) Do I need to include the entire phone bill(s) to just show we call eachother? T-Mobile tends to also include pages of pages of Data usage...

4) Would it be better for me to put Notarized Affidavits ( they're already notarized!) towards the front or the back? Meaning, all financial stuff with financial stuff... Right now I have taxes, then affidavits, then the rest of the financial statements, etc.

5) So I currently make payments on my wife's car, but her name is not on the title - because with her not on the title - 0% interest. If her name was added... 5% interest. Do I need to explain any of this?

6) Let's pretend I have another legal name, like say Johnsie ( let's say it's like Bob vs. Robert ), that I have a few accounts use one or the other. Do I need to explain this at all?

The letter looks good.

1) Transcripts only are fine.

2) we just put the A number on each page, don’t think it matters if you include your wife’s name as well

3) Doesn’t matter, proof of calling each other is probably more important

4) Doesn’t matter, affidavits are secondary evidence, so anywhere in the package is fine

5) No

6) Don’t think an explanation is needed

You have a lot of evidence of a co-mingled marriage so I wouldn’t sweat the details.  If your wife is planning to naturalize I would start focusing on that as the quagmire of the California Service Center with respect to ROCs is long (1.5 years at last view).

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Axle314 said:

I first have one question for you : The names, addresses and/or personal data like A# are the real ones? If so, not too good idea to make it public.

To answer your Qs:

1.If you feel better to send the 1040 form, you can, but the tax transcripts for the years since you've been married is plenty(it should reflect you guys as married filled jointly or separately, but not as filling single)

2. You can write just the A# as it contains all the info, that's how we did it for when we went through the visa process(now for the ROC we did not put it anymore even though I wish I did🤔).

3. When you say entire phone bill, how many pages are you looking at? Are they numbered like  "page 1 of 10"?

If there aren't many pages and they are numbered, do include them, you have nothing to lose. If you have like 80 pages as I did, feel free to skip the unimportant pages(my opinion only). I included only pertinent info in our "extended" phone bill.

4. As for Affidavids, if you feel they hold more weight and importance in their contents, you should place them anywhere you see fit. I placed mine in-between important documents such as tax and bank. For us, one of the affidavids(more like a notarized declaration), had pertaining info regarding our cohabitation at same residence. Our father/in-law wrote the declaration stating that we lived on his property since my arrival in the US and because the house is in his name, same the utility bills, we do not have evidence showing this certain info.

5. If any piece of evidence you want to submit as part of ROC do not show co-mingling and cohabitation is better not to send it. Why do you want to send payments on your wife's car? Is her name and yours on same document regarding the car? Or the card you are making the payments with is a joint account?

6. From my point of view regarding the names(if I understood correctly), in the form I-751 there is a section where it asks you if you use or have used other names than the one enlisted first in the US citizen spouse biographic info. If you complete the form with the things it asks you, I do not think it is necessary to give an explaination to why you have a different name.

Few other things I noticed:

A. Not advised to send original marriage certificate. On the USCIS website and on I-751 form instructions they suggest you do not send any original documents unless requested. I know people here on vj that did send the original and they got it back luckily. I only sent a copy(even though some people say its not required)

Note that affidavids, notarized papers or other required documentation specifically issued for the purpose of the ROC package(declarations, translations, police certificates etc) should be submitted in original form. Do make copies of the entire package before sending it.

B. Enlist the years for the tax transcripts(ex: "2015, 2016 and 2017 tax transcripts showing married filling jointly/married filling separately)

C. Your table of contents show only the exhibit name and not what is included exactly; do you have a more extended form or you intend to send it like this?

The reason I am asking this is that when I look at your cover page/table of contents, I do not have an idea of how many documents I will have to look over. Example: how many affidavids do you have? How many documents relating to car, house, insurances, bank..etc.

I know you may want to keep it simple but an ample description of what your package actually contains may be easier for the person analyzing your case and makes it less probable for documents to get lost or just skipped.

Hopefully I was of help and not offended you. What I know is from reading lots of threads here on vj and getting help from other great members.

Best of luck with your submission.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Save yourself time, weight, money and copy paper.  Just send the tax transcripts.  They mean MUCH more than the tax returns, as they PROVE you sent in the forms. 

Really.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.