2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ilo said:

Is your spouse is US citizen? If yes, then you can submit I-485 and i-765 (c09) if you want work immediately.

To fire your attorney you just need to 

1 hour ago, Ilo said:

Is your spouse is US citizen? If yes, then you can submit I-485 and i-765 (c09) if you want work immediately.

2 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

😌

I have 2 question :

1; My attorney is very not professional, so I was fire him on today by email . Who can be let me know whats form I need to submit to Uscis ? Is it G-28 form ? I didnt see any word in this form said terminate attorney”, so I am very confused.

2:my attorney submit I-360  12.I am currently residing in the United States and I request an employment authorization document. He was choose No”, oh my god . That moment I not yet submit I-485,  he didnt know how to apply vawa .make many mistakes 

So even I-360 will be approve,  USCIS will be not send C-31 EAD To me ,right ? 

If I want C-31 EAD card I need file I-765 form ,right ?

Thank you so much

You don't have to submit any form to fire yout  attorney. G28 is the power of attorney that you signed giving him permission  to file VAWA for you. To fire your attorney just  send him a certified letter saying that you don't want to continue with his legal representation before the USCIS, and  ask  him to inform USCIS that he is not representing you anymore. You should inform USCIS (notarized letter) that your attorney is not representing you anymore as well.

He chose the option NO  then USCIS will not issue  you the EAD category C31. If you have the  adjustment of status pending then you can file form I-765 and choose category C9.

5 hours ago, Psquare said:

Can we still file vawa after December 7th cause we been hearing it’s ending that they have to reauthorize vawa ...so what’s happening about that ...are we still eligible to file for vawa after December 7 cause we Dnt know when they wanna reauthorize it 

It's true:? Anyone is know?

11 minutes ago, kmogens said:

USCIS sent my EAD in December 2017 to my lawyer, but he didn't get it. I requested they resend it in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May 2018 (I have the Service Request print-outs) and each time, USCIS said they had sent it but my lawyer said he never got it (I paid my lawyer in full by 12/31/2017). 

I believe my lawyer that he never received my paperwork, so is USCIS lying? This is very concerning.

In May 2018, USCIS said they would return my card to their offices since it was undeliverable. I called, I really struggled to get it, throughout the summer, but they never sent it. It's November now and I still don't have my EAD card and my lawyer says he cannot call because he does not represent me any more. I changed the mailing address with USCIS in June from the lawyer to myself, so everything should now come to me.

My driver's license is coming up for expiry in December.

My question is, is VAWA EAD valid for 2 years? Or for how long? 

If the answer is yes, then if I had the EAD card with me, I could go into the DMV and renew the driving license. Does anyone know how long VAWA EAD lasts?

I sent another service request to USCIS to see if they can resend the EAD

How can I find out what happened to my EAD? Did USCIS screw up? I have called and called, but it's a VAWA case, they will not talk to me. My lawyer's address has never changed and he got all his other mail, just mine was never received.

A VAWA Ead is only valid for 1 year. File another form I-765 now, you should have your card in five months or so. There is no point to send a service request because the card you are requesting would be expired by now anyway. Just file a new I-765.

As for the DMV, try to see if they will renew your drivers' license based on your prima facie notice if you got prima facie - some states allow this. Otherwise you will just have to wait until your new EAD arrives. 

5 hours ago, Psquare said:

Can we still file vawa after December 7th cause we been hearing it’s ending that they have to reauthorize vawa ...so what’s happening about that ...are we still eligible to file for vawa after December 7 cause we Dnt know when they wanna reauthorize it 

VAWA will expire in December if it is not re-authorized. If you can, file before December. But otherwise no one knows for sure whether or not it will be re-authorized, we will know when December comes.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tortmaster said:

VAWA will expire in December if it is not re-authorized. If you can, file before December. But otherwise no one knows for sure whether or not it will be re-authorized, we will know when December comes.

1 hour ago, Tortmaster said:

I doubt it if they gonna reauthorize it cause most of the republicans are against it and trump is not even in support of anything that has to do with immigrants he doesn’t care if the die or live ....I can never rush myself to file for vawa when I Dnt have all the evidences to send ...

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, kmogens said:

USCIS sent my EAD in December 2017 to my lawyer, but he didn't get it. I requested they resend it in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May 2018 (I have the Service Request print-outs) and each time, USCIS said they had sent it but my lawyer said he never got it (I paid my lawyer in full by 12/31/2017). 

I believe my lawyer that he never received my paperwork, so is USCIS lying? This is very concerning.

In May 2018, USCIS said they would return my card to their offices since it was undeliverable. I called, I really struggled to get it, throughout the summer, but they never sent it. It's November now and I still don't have my EAD card and my lawyer says he cannot call because he does not represent me any more. I changed the mailing address with USCIS in June from the lawyer to myself, so everything should now come to me.

My driver's license is coming up for expiry in December.

My question is, is VAWA EAD valid for 2 years? Or for how long? 

If the answer is yes, then if I had the EAD card with me, I could go into the DMV and renew the driving license. Does anyone know how long VAWA EAD lasts?

I sent another service request to USCIS to see if they can resend the EAD

How can I find out what happened to my EAD? Did USCIS screw up? I have called and called, but it's a VAWA case, they will not talk to me. My lawyer's address has never changed and he got all his other mail, just mine was never received.

@TortmasterA VAWA Ead is only valid for 1 year. File another form I-765 now, you should have your card in five months or so. There is no point to send a service request because the card you are requesting would be expired by now anyway. Just file a new I-765.

As for the DMV, try to see if they will renew your drivers' license based on your prima facie notice if you got prima facie - some states allow this. Otherwise you will just have to wait until your new EAD arrives. 

Did you use the e-request for non-delivery? https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndc

For non delivered items USCIS will only acknowledge it was lost in mail IF they get the card back from post office.If post office tracking number shows it was delivered- they wont replace it as not received. If tracking shows it was not delivered and USCIS does not get it back because its lost in the mail system- they still will not replace as not received. They must actually get the card back to consider it not received. 

You had an EAD issued. You can wait for it to show up at USCIS but sometimes things are missing for a long time before getting returned to USCIS, sometimes they are never found. Send in the 765 for a replacement card (cause you have a valid EAD, its not an initial one) and make sure you choose that YOU lost it- even though you never got it. If you choose it was not delivered and USCIS does not have it- they will deny your request. If you do have confirmation that USCIS got it back you can choose the not delivered option.

Not delivered option is free. You lost it option needs filing fee or waiver. I know its messed up to have to pay when you didnt get it but this is how the policy is sadly. So you would have to pay (or fee waiver) or wait until it shows up at USCIS. 

6 hours ago, Damara said:

Did you use the e-request for non-delivery? https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndc

For non delivered items USCIS will only acknowledge it was lost in mail IF they get the card back from post office.If post office tracking number shows it was delivered- they wont replace it as not received. If tracking shows it was not delivered and USCIS does not get it back because its lost in the mail system- they still will not replace as not received. They must actually get the card back to consider it not received. 

You had an EAD issued. You can wait for it to show up at USCIS but sometimes things are missing for a long time before getting returned to USCIS, sometimes they are never found. Send in the 765 for a replacement card (cause you have a valid EAD, its not an initial one) and make sure you choose that YOU lost it- even though you never got it. If you choose it was not delivered and USCIS does not have it- they will deny your request. If you do have confirmation that USCIS got it back you can choose the not delivered option.

Not delivered option is free. You lost it option needs filing fee or waiver. I know its messed up to have to pay when you didnt get it but this is how the policy is sadly. So you would have to pay (or fee waiver) or wait until it shows up at USCIS. 

I don't see the point to send in for a replacement for an EAD that expires next month. By the time it shows up it will be expired or about to expire. It's better to apply for a new one already.

9 hours ago, Psquare said:

I doubt it if they gonna reauthorize it cause most of the republicans are against it and trump is not even in support of anything that has to do with immigrants he doesn’t care if the die or live ....I can never rush myself to file for vawa when I Dnt have all the evidences to send ...

No one said you should rush to apply for VAWA without the evidence. Just that if you can, file before December. If you cannot, just wait and see, no one knows for sure whether or not it will be reauthorized.

Edited by Tortmaster

12 hours ago, Tortmaster said:

No one said you should rush to apply for VAWA without the evidence. Just that if you can, file before December. If you cannot, just wait and see, no one knows for sure whether or not it will be reauthorized.

You are entirely right. Vawa case is so sensitive. Pls people he'll me out here. I was sent RFE  for good moral character which I reply and my account was updated that the received it on Nov 9th. Today have just check my case and an additional evidence has been issued. Im so demoralized. Have not even received a prima facie and i am a June 6th 2017 filler. I just feel like packing and leaving.😢😢😭

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Yollande said:

You are entirely right. Vawa case is so sensitive. Pls people he'll me out here. I was sent RFE  for good moral character which I reply and my account was updated that the received it on Nov 9th. Today have just check my case and an additional evidence has been issued. Im so demoralized. Have not even received a prima facie and i am a June 6th 2017 filler. I just feel like packing and leaving.😢😢😭

What did they request from you again from this recent rfe ?? Did you put all you are supposed to add including the psychology evaluation and affidavit from friends and family and did you put evidences that you and your wife live together like joint bank statement..please can you let me know the whole documents you sent in..hope you put your abusive spouse birth certificate??? And I hope you’ve never been on removal...would be waiting to hear from you

1 hour ago, Yollande said:

You should be fine, just wait and see what the request is, when you get it, try to put in your best response because this might be your last chance to prove your case.

Edited by Ilo

1 hour ago, Psquare said:

What did they request from you again from this recent rfe ?? Did you put all you are supposed to add including the psychology evaluation and affidavit from friends and family and did you put evidences that you and your wife live together like joint bank statement..please can you let me know the whole documents you sent in..hope you put your abusive spouse birth certificate??? And I hope you’ve never been on removal...would be waiting to hear from you

Yes, I've replied your private message you sent. Check on there.

1 hour ago, Ilo said:

You should be fine, just wait and see what the request is, when you get it, try to put in your best response because this might be your last chance to prove your case.

I sent them 

Police report

2 restraining order

1 final restraining order for 2 years again him on going till Feb 2019

Letter from domestic violence showing I seeked help and assistance from them.

My birth certificate 

Copy of his birth certificate

Copy of his naturalization slip.

Pictures together

Copy of my passport.

Lease agreement

Joint bank statement

Internet bills with both names on the same address 

Light bill with both names

Insurance card.

Affidavit from friends

2 of them witnessing the abuse.

Police clearance from that state.

Am I missing something that they will need again?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Yollande said:

I sent them 

Police report

2 restraining order

1 final restraining order for 2 years again him on going till Feb 2019

Letter from domestic violence showing I seeked help and assistance from them.

My birth certificate 

Copy of his birth certificate

Copy of his naturalization slip.

Pictures together

Copy of my passport.

Lease agreement

Joint bank statement

Internet bills with both names on the same address 

Light bill with both names

Insurance card.

Affidavit from friends

2 of them witnessing the abuse.

Police clearance from that state.

Am I missing something that they will need again?

I must confess most people on this thread Dnt even send more than joint bank account and therapy sessions they went for and they all got approved..majority Dnt even have restraining order or police report for abusive spouse ...and I Dnt wanna believe that it’s bwcause your husband is not a citizen and also because you didn’t go for therapy all that you sent had proven beyond reasonable doubt it’s only if the officer is only racist and foolish..am sensing conspiracy here...make sure you address a letter to them letting them know that you have sent all they needed..did you send moral chracter from your country ...infact i dnt know what to say ..or what do you think...just let us know what they asked for am so angry about what’s happening to you cause it could also happen to any prospective vawa applicants...just wait for the rfe and let’s see what’s in there

11 minutes ago, Psquare said:

I must confess most people on this thread Dnt even send more than joint bank account and therapy sessions they went for and they all got approved..majority Dnt even have restraining order or police report for abusive spouse ...and I Dnt wanna believe that it’s bwcause your husband is not a citizen and also because you didn’t go for therapy all that you sent had proven beyond reasonable doubt it’s only if the officer is only racist and foolish..am sensing conspiracy here...make sure you address a letter to them letting them know that you have sent all they needed..did you send moral chracter from your country ...infact i dnt know what to say ..or what do you think...just let us know what they asked for am so angry about what’s happening to you cause it could also happen to any prospective vawa applicants...just wait for the rfe and let’s see what’s in there

My husband is a U.S. citizen. 

Yes I sent all police clearance from the state's  that I've lived here and clearance from my country when they issued my RFE for good moral character.  I'm just so down. Should I go for a physiological evaluation? Will it help the case? Is too late to do one. I'm not trying to fabricate proof. But what else can I do? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.