2,949 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

The chances of that are very slim. The majority of people have to go to an interview. There are very few random cases where there is no interview. But the interview is no big deal. It’s just going over the I-485 form again. It’s just a formality in most cases. 

I give God all the praises and I  thank my Lawyer for being on top of things..

To everyone trust and believe God be positive and dont blame yourself for anything bad that going wrong.  We serve a might God. 

Best of luck to each person

I am claiming my GC in Jesus name and  i declare that i dont have to go for a interview 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I finally got my Work Permit but now what is next?...so confusing...I am processing my I-131  in the next few days but howl long until I get my I-485 process?...

Thanks in advance!

On 11/3/2018 at 5:53 AM, Ilo said:

@FridayGirl@69 it is work authorization, they don't send out green card without an interview 😊, you should get your card within the week.

Very rarely, they sent GC without interview. I’ve seen posts from Sandra about it. But then, it’s the I-485 that change to card in production (change of status). 

27 minutes ago, Tiffy88 said:

I give God all the praises and I  thank my Lawyer for being on top of things..

To everyone trust and believe God be positive and dont blame yourself for anything bad that going wrong.  We serve a might God. 

Best of luck to each person

I am claiming my GC in Jesus name and  i declare that i dont have to go for a interview 

Why do you not want an interview? 

Processing times are the same whether you have an interview or not. The interview really is not a big deal. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

What’s your local office and what’s your I-360 approval date?

Saint Albans, Vermont Service Center, I got my WP but not a notification of approval letter yet....I thought once you get the WP it means an approval of the I360.

Edited by FridayGirl@69
add info

9 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Saint Albans, Vermont Service Center, I got my WP but not a notification of approval letter yet....I thought once you get the WP it means an approval of the I360.

Vermont Service Center is not a local office. Saint Albans is your local office. 

Yes you are approved but you will still receive an official approval notice for your I-360. Then you will receive an update on your I-485 that it is transferred. Let’s just assume that happens this month. The St Albans local office currently takes 10 months to adjudicate I-485, you should expect an interview around September 2019.

Edited by iwillsurvive

Timeline
1 minute ago, iwillsurvive said:

Vermont Service Center is not a local office. Saint Albans is your local office. 

Yes you are approved but you will still receive an official approval notice for your I-360. Then you will receive an update on your I-485 that it is transferred. Let’s just assume that happens this month. The St Albans local office currently takes 10 months to adjudicate I-485, you should expect an interview around September 2019.

Thank You so much!!! Keep you posted.😍

On 10/31/2018 at 10:15 AM, sandranj said:

Pictures don't show evidence of a bonafide marriage, it complements the documents  that you have to submit to USCIS.Yes a copy is enough

Thank you. I have another question, to show that we lived together, I only have a lease with both names on it, but the problem is that besides the lease, all the other documents I have to prove bona fide marriage have a different address than the lease(bank account, tax return, property under both names, car insurance) these documents have her dad's address which is where she lived before we got married. We were planning to live there for a while(at her dad's), and when we moved to the place we have the lease from, we never updated the addresses on those documents. Can this be a problem?

6 hours ago, petros10 said:

Thank you. I have another question, to show that we lived together, I only have a lease with both names on it, but the problem is that besides the lease, all the other documents I have to prove bona fide marriage have a different address than the lease(bank account, tax return, property under both names, car insurance) these documents have her dad's address which is where she lived before we got married. We were planning to live there for a while(at her dad's), and when we moved to the place we have the lease from, we never updated the addresses on those documents. Can this be a problem?

Are both of your names included on those documents you mentioned? Were they addressed to both of you?

10 hours ago, escape said:

Very rarely, they sent GC without interview. I’ve seen posts from Sandra about it. But then, it’s the I-485 that change to card in production (change of status). 

I have also heard some people who came on k-1 (fiance visa) gets green card without interview, but I don't know how true.

Edited by Ilo

6 hours ago, petros10 said:

Whenever there is a discrepancy, just explain why in your affidavit, just like you explained it to us right here. 

Immigration officers are human beings too, they are understanding if you just explain it to them. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, gur said:

@sandranj and Senior members, I am going to take a bold steps, can I send some evidence to Vermont center for my VAWA RFE response, While having an immigration attorney on record. As my attorney is not responding and I have lost trust on her. 

Q1 : Will USCIS consider my response as valid response and USCIS will accept additional evidances or Do I have to fire my attorney first to take the control on my case. 

Earlier she did too many mistakes in application and RFE response and never shown me what she sent to USCIS. 

Q2: Is it normal behavior that Immigration attorney do not show the final response ( evidence)  what they are sending to VAWA Vermont center ?

Q3: Where my mails will go if I will fire my immigration attorney. 

Your attorney submitted already the response , you can’t answer the RFE without submitting the original RFE request along with the answer and you can’t submit after the 87 days  allowed.

The attorney should provide the client a copy of the answer but we don’t have to show the client the answer before submitting and we don’t need the client approval to submit or not,you signed form G28 then the attorney is representing you and you should trust her/him, if you don’t trust your attorney then you should fire him/her.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Tiffy88 said:

So i recieved an update that my vawa has been approved.. 

Timeline  

I filed my I-360, 1-484 I-765 in may 2017. 

Receive my receipt notice in June 2017 

Did my Biometrics in JULY 2017 

Got my Prima Facie in December 2017, June 2018.

Also got my EAD Aug 2017, and July 2018

Card production Oct 23 2018. Recieved EAD C31  Oct 30.  

Recieved update Nov 2 2018 my Vawa has approved. 

I didn't recieved any RFE

Is it a possibility that they can send my GC without me going for a interview?

In 20 years I saw 4 cases of green card approved for Vawa applicants without interview.

Timeline
7 hours ago, petros10 said:

It’s a problem of course, explain this to Uscis and submit affidavits from friends and family confirming that you lived with your spouse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.