16 posts in this topic

Backlogs. 

Processing times for almost every type of application, including I-90s, are up across the board. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You could send an expedite request directly to the Potomac Service center, by regular mail. 

This is is what happened to me: 

I got my 10 year GC in early may 2018: they put the wrong date of birth on it. I filed an I90 right away. As soon as I had the receipt number I sent an expedite directly to Potomac, a letter with a few pages of evidence pointing out their mistake. I got my corrected GC Monday last week, with an apology of sorts.

mark the envelope “expedite request”

good luck

21 minutes ago, mspmn said:

You could send an expedite request directly to the Potomac Service center, by regular mail. 

This is is what happened to me: 

I got my 10 year GC in early may 2018: they put the wrong date of birth on it. I filed an I90 right away. As soon as I had the receipt number I sent an expedite directly to Potomac, a letter with a few pages of evidence pointing out their mistake. I got my corrected GC Monday last week, with an apology of sorts.

mark the envelope “expedite request”

good luck

I though those don’t exist, so I can expedite my case? I just mail the Potomac service center saying if they can expedite it and that is it? Please explain a bit further 

Timeline

I wrote a short letter with the title “Expedite request due to USCIS error”.

Then listed A number and I90 receipt number.

Then a paragraph no more than ten lines explaining that they had put the wrong year in my date of birth on GC and informing them that I had already filed an I90.

Then I listed the proof included with letter. 

Put my address phone number at the bottom and signed it. 

I included copies of GC with wrong dob, passport with correct dob, copy of 2 year GC with correct dob, copy of drivers license with correct dob. I circled the mistake and also circled the correct year pointing out what my corrected GC should say.

Put it all in an envelope sent it off to the Potomac address, with expedite request written on the front of the envelope. Two weeks later I got an email saying they approved my request and a week later I had the corrected GC. 

Hope that helps!!

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter12.html

• 8 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/26/2018 at 11:05 PM, mspmn said:

Then a paragraph no more than ten lines explaining that they had put the wrong year in my date of birth on GC and informing them that I had already filed an I90.

I included copies of GC with wrong dob, passport with correct dob, copy of 2 year GC with correct dob, copy of drivers license with correct dob. I circled the mistake and also circled the correct year pointing out what my corrected GC should say.

Put it all in an envelope sent it off to the Potomac address, with expedite request written on the front of the envelope. Two weeks later I got an email saying they approved my request and a week later I had the corrected GC. 

Hope that helps!!

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter12.html

mspmn, did you file your I-90 electronically?

Timeline

Hi. No I did the paper application but I imagine that electronically would be faster. You get your case number faster and can proceed with the expedite request. 

I think I did paper because I had to send back the faulty GC as well. So I did it all in one pack. 

• 8 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 7/26/2018 at 8:05 PM, mspmn said:

Hope that helps!!

Hi, when did you have to send in your green card physically to them? Was it after it was approved or when you received the new one?

Timeline

Hi! 
I sent it with the original i90, in the same envelope. So applied by mail not electronically since I was afraid they would loose the GC and claim they never got it. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, mspmn said:

Hi! 
I sent it with the original i90, in the same envelope. So applied by mail not electronically since I was afraid they would loose the GC and claim they never got it. 

Oh. I applied online and scanned the Gc. So I dont know when and how to submit the original to them. The online one already gave me my receipt number. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, mspmn said:

Hi! 

You said you ahd already files online before sending original Gc to them with expedited request right?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, blujewel said:

You said you ahd already files online before sending original Gc to them with expedited request right?

No never filed electronically. I’m not sure to be honest, I guess when you get the receipt in the mail you would copy that and send it + GC to whatever service center is listed on the receipt, probably with a short letter explaining the situation, list your A number and receipt number on every page you send them. Seems like Potomac handles I90s, that’s where I sent my expedite request. Perhaps they will send you further instructions with the receipt. But I would call USCIS and ask where to send the GC or start a new topic here on VJ. Don’t want to give you the wrong info. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, mspmn said:

No never filed electronically. I’m not sure to be honest, I guess when you get the receipt in the mail you would copy that and send it + GC to whatever service center is listed on the receipt, probably with a short letter explaining the situation, list your A number and receipt number on every page you send them. Seems like Potomac handles I90s, that’s where I sent my expedite request. Perhaps they will send you further instructions with the receipt. But I would call USCIS and ask where to send the GC or start a new topic here on VJ. Don’t want to give you the wrong info. 

Thank you so much. Yea i ll wait for them to ask for it. 

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/28/2019 at 11:08 PM, blujewel said:

Thank you so much. Yea i ll wait for them to ask for it. 

Hey there! Any updates on this? Did USCIS already ask for your gc to be sent in?

I need to file an I-90 as well to correct a USCIS typo on my greencard. I'm debating if I should apply online or file by paper and send the greencard with it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.