Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:38 PM, SilverMonk said:

For those who have gone to the interview already,  did/does the Rio embassy specifically ask for a new intent to marry letter?

Im asking because I read over the instructions on the embassy site and nowhere did it ask for that. It asks for proof of relationship and that the relationship has been ongoing after filing the petition and also before.

P.s. My fiancee will be going to the interview with me, I hope that goes a long lol I've heard that it does.

If it's not asked for it's not required. So "new" intent is not necessary for Brazil based on the P3.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/14/2018 at 5:58 AM, Nat&Amy said:

Thanks! :)

I chose to pick up the visa at the CASV so I went there last Monday (Sep 10).

I only got the email saying I should schedule an appointment to collect it on Sep 5 - that is, 6 business days after the interview, but there were applicants who got the email within 2-3 days. Pretty fast considering all the other stages of this process! XD 

Can you pick it up at any CASV (ex. Recife), or does it have to be in Rio? My fiancee's interview is this coming Tuesday, but she lives all the way in Fortaleza--so, it's not so easy for her to take a trip back down to Rio!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Amanda and Camila said:

Can you pick it up at any CASV (ex. Recife), or does it have to be in Rio? My fiancee's interview is this coming Tuesday, but she lives all the way in Fortaleza--so, it's not so easy for her to take a trip back down to Rio!

That is a good question.

When she booked the interview, what method did she choose to get her passport back? Essentially, I don't see much difference between having the Consulate send the passport to a Casv near you guys or straight to your place: they will use Correios for that in both cases and the shipping time will be pretty much the same.

In my case, the main reason I chose to pick it up in Rio was because I simply do not trust Correios in any way, lol.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Nat&Amy said:

That is a good question.

When she booked the interview, what method did she choose to get her passport back? Essentially, I don't see much difference between having the Consulate send the passport to a Casv near you guys or straight to your place: they will use Correios for that in both cases and the shipping time will be pretty much the same.

In my case, the main reason I chose to pick it up in Rio was because I simply do not trust Correios in any way, lol.

Ah, I asked her and she chose to have it sent to her, which explains why she doesn't want to book a flight until she has it in her hand. She doesn't trust Correios either lmao

12 hours ago, Amanda and Camila said:

10 hours ago, Nat&Amy said:

That is a good question.

I think you can pick it up at any casv and as already answered, they will use correios to send it out anyway. Not worth the trip to Recife just to get it there, I’d think it should be easier just to send it to your address instead. Think about the delay: passport leaves the consulate in Rio, takes time to arrive in Recife, they will have to do some admin work there (register they got it, let you know they have it, etc), make it available to you, then you have to take the trip there... 

14 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

1 - It seems like the process changed after August 28th. So people who scheduled the interview that day now have to do the casv which wasn't required. I think someone is bound to know this lol

2 - I emailed the them but just wanted to do my due diligence before they answer. But I would think that it would not be a problem. Logistically it's better for people that live close to Belo. That way you only have to stay a day in Rio.

And yes I'm going for a k-1. I know it's not the first option or the fourth option. So I'm doubt about the second and third. Because I know the consulate will email me the instructions on what to do but I know it's nothing specific and doesn't inform how to proceed with that part.

Yeah that's who I'm going to get it done with. I heard that she wasn't too friendly lol guess that person didn't have a good experience. How long ago was your medical with her.

Thank you!

If you’re going for the k1, choose the second option. Even though it’s dealt with by the iv section at the consulate, you’re not applying for an immigrant visa.

it seems so far the people posting here didn’t go for Biometrics at a casv, so I’d just go ahead and ask about it directly with the consulate but it seems reasonable that any casv should be available for you to take your Biometrics at, and it should be scheduled at the same time/ place the interview is. So I assume it will be on the same website following or preceding the scheduling for the interview.

I lived in the northeast region there so I had to do a lot of planning so I wouldn’t waste too much time and money but making sure I had everything in place at the right time. I arrived in Rio the night before my interview and left for the airport before noon. Rio is very expensive to stay at for a longer time period if you’re alone and don’t have friends to stay with.

It’s been three years I’ve been there, but dr Juliana herself was very polite and to the point. Ladies at her practice were nice too. It was very busy the days I were there though, lots of people coming and going but they accommodated everyone. The places to do the exams are all nearby so it’s less of a hassle to get things done

Timeline
On 9/15/2018 at 3:22 PM, SilverMonk said:

Thanks guys. I put together a little collage thingy of our skype logs, Whatsapp call (including the duration of some) and a few screenshots of what we talk about normally.

And already following up with more questions lol 

1 -  For those of you who know or who have scheduled the interview after august 28th, Do I use this (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv) site to schedule the interview AND the biometrics?

2 - And regarding the biometrics. I live close to Belo Horizonte and that is where I will get my medical done. So I want to know if I can get the biometrics done in Belo and then the interview in Rio. Or must I get both the biometrics and interview all done in Rio.

P.S. Im trying to create an account already on the AIS website. Which of the following options should we choose?

image.png.6e1f6233723fe60d8dafc9a0a69e2b60.png

1- Yes you book  the interview and biometrics appointment on the same website at the same time (the website you put). You'll choose the day and time for both the interview and ASC right after. It's fairly straightforward once you go onto the interview website :)

2- I don't think you can do anywhere other than Rio. When my fiance set up for the interview/ ASC there were only time slots available, not places and times. But you can always check with the embassy to see!

3- choose the second option

Hope this helps! 

Timeline
8 hours ago, p-ana said:

If you’re going for the k1, choose the second option. Even though it’s dealt with by the iv section at the consulate, you’re not applying for an immigrant visa.

it seems so far the people posting here didn’t go for Biometrics at a casv, so I’d just go ahead and ask about it directly with the consulate but it seems reasonable that any casv should be available for you to take your Biometrics at, and it should be scheduled at the same time/ place the interview is. So I assume it will be on the same website following or preceding the scheduling for the interview.

I lived in the northeast region there so I had to do a lot of planning so I wouldn’t waste too much time and money but making sure I had everything in place at the right time. I arrived in Rio the night before my interview and left for the airport before noon. Rio is very expensive to stay at for a longer time period if you’re alone and don’t have friends to stay with.

It’s been three years I’ve been there, but dr Juliana herself was very polite and to the point. Ladies at her practice were nice too. It was very busy the days I were there though, lots of people coming and going but they accommodated everyone. The places to do the exams are all nearby so it’s less of a hassle to get things done

Yup, Im going to the k1. 
Yeah im about to do that because i'm still a little confused about the the biometrics since no one had actually been through the process after they decided to separate it.

And on this site ( https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv/information/announcements#381-important_information_for_immigrant_visa_applicants_20180828144126 ) its talking about people who '' receberam uma carta do NVC, KCC ou Consulado dos Estados Unidos'' need to get the biometrics done at the CASV, so since we dont get a letter that threw me off. You think if I call the CASV they'll properly explain this?

I'll probably be in Rio a few days before my interview since my fiancee will ne flying down to join me in the interview. But since i'll have to go to Belo more than once because of medical I was thinking of getting the biometrics done there and killing two birds with one stone.

Oh okay. But yeah, it seems like there are times that she is busier. I called a few months back just to get some into and she was 3 weeks out for appointments. This week I called her on monday and the next available appointment was for thursday lol.

But thank you very much!

5 hours ago, Britt & Stenio said:

1- Yes you book  the interview and biometrics appointment on the same website at the same time (the website you put). You'll choose the day and time for both the interview and ASC right after. It's fairly straightforward once you go onto the interview website :)

2- I don't think you can do anywhere other than Rio. When my fiance set up for the interview/ ASC there were only time slots available, not places and times. But you can always check with the embassy to see!

Hope this helps! 

1 - Oh okay. Got it! You guys scheduled it after august 28th right?
2 - I know that the interview can only be done in Rio but I was thinking that I could get the biometrics taken at the CASV, ill call them tomorrow to ask. Also, Ive tried calling the consulate before and they dont have live agents lol Is emailing the only way for me to reach them?

It helped a lot! Thanks for the attention :)

P.S: My birth certificate was pretty old and ripped so I got one of those new ones in April at my local Cartorio (notary). It looks like the attached image, but obliviously with my personal information and signed a sealed by the notary. I took it with me to get my passport and my new ID so I would only assume that it's good for the consulate also lol
certidao-2.jpg

Edited by SilverMonk

Timeline
12 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Yup, Im going to the k1. 
Yeah im about to do that because i'm still a little confused about the the biometrics since no one had actually been through the process after they decided to separate it.

And on this site ( https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv/information/announcements#381-important_information_for_immigrant_visa_applicants_20180828144126 ) its talking about people who '' receberam uma carta do NVC, KCC ou Consulado dos Estados Unidos'' need to get the biometrics done at the CASV, so since we dont get a letter that threw me off. You think if I call the CASV they'll properly explain this?

I'll probably be in Rio a few days before my interview since my fiancee will ne flying down to join me in the interview. But since i'll have to go to Belo more than once because of medical I was thinking of getting the biometrics done there and killing two birds with one stone.

Oh okay. But yeah, it seems like there are times that she is busier. I called a few months back just to get some into and she was 3 weeks out for appointments. This week I called her on monday and the next available appointment was for thursday lol.

But thank you very much!

1 - Oh okay. Got it! You guys scheduled it after august 28th right?
2 - I know that the interview can only be done in Rio but I was thinking that I could get the biometrics taken at the CASV, ill call them tomorrow to ask. Also, Ive tried calling the consulate before and they dont have live agents lol Is emailing the only way for me to reach them?

It helped a lot! Thanks for the attention :)

P.S: My birth certificate was pretty old and ripped so I got one of those new ones in April at my local Cartorio (notary). It looks like the attached image, but obliviously with my personal information and signed a sealed by the notary. I took it with me to get my passport and my new ID so I would only assume that it's good for the consulate also lol
certidao-2.jpg

Yupp! We scheduled the 6th or 7th of September. They say online that the only way to be in touch with them is through email so every time we've had to ask a question we used that. They answer relatively fast though, each time we emailed we got an answer back 1-2 days later :)  https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/where-to-apply-2/

Timeline
19 hours ago, Britt & Stenio said:

Hope this helps! 

How far from the consulate is the location to get your biometrics taken?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Britt & Stenio said:

Yupp! We scheduled the 6th or 7th of September. They say online that the only way to be in touch with them is through email so every time we've had to ask a question we used that. They answer relatively fast though, each time we emailed we got an answer back 1-2 days later :)  https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/where-to-apply-2/

Yes! I asked my fiancee to email them last night and they have already answered lol.

We asked " Dear Immigration Rio,

I (the petitioner) am looking into how to schedule my fiancé's K-1 visa interview since our case is currently at NVC. By doing so, I came across an announcement informing that after August 28th, immigrant visa applicants must have their biometrics collected separately before the interview. 

That said, I would like to know if he can have his biometrics collected at the Belo Horizonte ASC about two weeks before the interview in Rio de Janeiro since he will already be in Belo Horizonte for his medical appointment, or must he have his biometric appointment at the Rio ASC?"

And they simply said " 

Thank you for your message.

As informed on our website, this service is provided by all ASC branches throughout Brazil: https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/before-the-interview/"

I also called the Belo Horizonte CASV today and the lady told me that I could schedule it in Belo and go for the interview in Rio. But she said that when I log into the system I'll be able to see if Belo is available and how far out they are. 

But thanks for the help. I'm gonna continue to gather my documents here and hope to get a NVC number by Thursday 😀

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

Yes! I asked my fiancee to email them last night and they have already answered lol.

I (the petitioner) am looking into how to schedule my fiancé's K-1 visa interview since our case is currently at NVC. By doing so, I came across an announcement informing that after August 28th, immigrant visa applicants must have their biometrics collected separately before the interview. 

That said, I would like to know if he can have his biometrics collected at the Belo Horizonte ASC about two weeks before the interview in Rio de Janeiro since he will already be in Belo Horizonte for his medical appointment, or must he have his biometric appointment at the Rio ASC?"

And they simply said " 

As informed on our website, this service is provided by all ASC branches throughout Brazil: https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/before-the-interview/"

I also called the Belo Horizonte CASV today and the lady told me that I could schedule it in Belo and go for the interview in Rio. But she said that when I log into the system I'll be able to see if Belo is available and how far out they are. 

But thanks for the help. I'm gonna continue to gather my documents here and hope to get a NVC number by Thursday 😀

Good info to know , thanks 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Chair_force1 said:

How far from the consulate is the location to get your biometrics taken?

From Google Maps it looks like it's a 20 minute car ride 😱 My fiance signed up the get the biometrics done the friday before the interview.  

3 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

And they simply said " 

That's really good to know, thanks for sharing that :D 

Timeline

My fiance had her interview today. We were approved! She said it was a very simple process, but I haven't heard much else yet. She opted to get her visa delivered to a CASV in Sao Paulo since she doesn't trust having it delivered to her house.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.