Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Moraesm said:

Thanks. My city doesn't have a certified doctor so I'll have the appointment in Rio too and have one "big" trip.

Did your doctor require the CASV appointment confirmation in order to schedule your medical?

Not exactly. They asked for the interview date and they asked me to bring the packet 3 email with me on the day of the appointment.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Moraesm said:

One more question: Does anyone have experience with doing the medical with Dr. Paulo Ricardo Furbetta, in São Paulo?

How many days on average did it take for the exams to be available for pick up?

They say in 3 business days. Because you do the exams after the medical appointment. In Rio, you are required to do the exams before, so the doctor will have the results on the day of the appointment.

Edited by Ayrton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry to keep bringing questions but just now I saw this:

On my DS-160 confirmation instructs to bring the confirmation itself and also proof of the 129-f approval. Is the latter the NOA2? In this case, will a copy suffice (since the original is with my fiancée in the USA)?

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Moraesm said:

Sorry to keep bringing questions but just now I saw this:

On my DS-160 confirmation instructs to bring the confirmation itself and also proof of the 129-f approval. Is the latter the NOA2? In this case, will a copy suffice (since the original is with my fiancée in the USA)?

Yes, that's the NOA2. Copies are accepted.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Moraesm said:

Folks! My CEAC finally says "Ready!"

I have a very newbie question: I need to go https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ to file and pay for the DS-160 and then here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-br/iv to actually make the appointment, right?

In this case, at the CASV website, which options is the most appropriate (or that you folks have chosen without any problem):

- I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the NVC...

- I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register... a K visa appointment.

@Moraesm can you let me know when you schedule your interview for?? I see we're about 2 weeks behind you so I'd love to hear your timeline. Hoping the interview wait time of 2+ months out is going down since the holidays have passed. 

Thank you in advance! And good luck 😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, birdie54 said:

@Moraesm can you let me know when you schedule your interview for?? I see we're about 2 weeks behind you so I'd love to hear your timeline. Hoping the interview wait time of 2+ months out is going down since the holidays have passed. 

Thank you in advance! And good luck 😊

Never mind!! I see you updated your timeline...I should have checked that first. 😂

Thank you to everyone here keeping your timeline up to date. We're just a few weeks behind you....final stretch for us all! 😁

Timeline
42 minutes ago, BugsBunny88 said:

How can you schedule your own interview? Isn’t it NVC’s responsibility to schedule your interview?

NVC will only assign a case number and then forward it to the embassy.

Timeline
On 2/8/2019 at 7:33 PM, Moraesm said:

Another day, another question...

I intend to stay in Rio a couple of days after the interview, can anyone confirm what the average time is for the passport to be ready for pick up? Would 3 working days be enough?

Not enough time unfortunately 😕. From many reviews I’ve read and people I know that went through this process and had their k1 visa approved here in Rio, it’s safe to say it could take at the very least if you’re lucky 1 week. I wouldn’t count on it though, after the approval you have to wait until your status change to “Issued” and then wait again to have it sent to either the ASC (CASV in Rio, if you chose this option when you scheduled and paid your interview) or your mail address, and that could take another week. Not to mention they can put you on Administrative Processing and there’s no estimated time, it could take several weeks depending on your case and what they want. 

If I get approved, I’m expecting to have my visa in hand 3 weeks after my interview if I’m lucky. I’d say that’s the average time. 

K1:

I-129F Form and petition sent: May 21, 2018.

First Notice of Action: ● Old website: May 24, 2018.

● New website: May 30, 2018.

Second Notice of Action: November 6, 2018.

NVC Case # Assigned: December 7, 2018.

・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 

Useful links:

Check your case status.

Old website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/

New website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

NVC Case: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/7/2019 at 4:37 PM, Ayrton said:

They say in 3 business days. Because you do the exams after the medical appointment. In Rio, you are required to do the exams before, so the doctor will have the results on the day of the appointment.

What  its mean i have to travel sao paulo twice one for medical and other for pick up? Cant it be on same day?  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

What  its mean i have to travel sao paulo twice one for medical and other for pick up? Cant it be on same day?  

Exactly. Since you do the exams after the medical appointment, you can't get the results on the same day. I'm asking a friend to pick my results and mailing them to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.