Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, carumanto said:

What's your email?

Thank you for forwarding me the email.

By the way, I just received the official packet 3 from the embassy in my email this morning as well. The difference is that they excluded that information saying that Interviews scheduled after September 1st will need a separate CASV appointment for biometrics. 

So for those like me that were worried about it, no need to worry anymore, we just need to go to the consulate and they will handle everything there.

Hope to hear some news regarding the ones that had their interview scheduled for today, hope it all went well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, angelo_brianna said:

Hope to hear some news regarding the ones that had their interview scheduled for today, hope it all went well.

Hi there!

I just got out of the Consulate one hour ago. Interview went well, they are really organized and polite. Both the officer that helps you organize all the paperwork and the one taking your fingerprints were extremely friendly and made me feel very much at ease.

Then the consul started calling people for the interview, and there was another officer interviewing as well - she was also very friendly and it all went very fast.

Curious fact, though, is that when you give them the documents they do not ask for evidence of relationship. They do refer to the original petition - in my case, even though I volunteered to show more pictures of trips taken together, she only looked at the ones I had sent with the petition.

Now the wait for the visa begins! :)

16 minutes ago, angelo_brianna said:

Yes it can. Once you email the doctor's office in Rio, he will forward you all the instructions and options available to schedule your medical appointment before the interview so that he has enough time to send it to the embassy. Usually it takes 3-4 business days, so be ready to spend at least 5 or 6 days in Rio, since all the K1 visa interviews are only Tuesdays.

Thanks!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Hi there!

I just got out of the Consulate one hour ago. Interview went well, they are really organized and polite. Both the officer that helps you organize all the paperwork and the one taking your fingerprints were extremely friendly and made me feel very much at ease.

Then the consul started calling people for the interview, and there was another officer interviewing as well - she was also very friendly and it all went very fast.

Curious fact, though, is that when you give them the documents they do not ask for evidence of relationship. They do refer to the original petition - in my case, even though I volunteered to show more pictures of trips taken together, she only looked at the ones I had sent with the petition.

Now the wait for the visa begins! :)

Congrats on finishing the interview! That's huge! If you don't mind, please let us know when you receive your visa, I'm curious how long it takes.

Thanks for the update.

Timeline

Hello All,

I am joining the game now. Noa2 was on Aug 22. Just waiting for the nvc now. I read through this forum but just to be completely safe i thought i better ask again. When is the best time to schedule the interview? When It first lets you or when you get the email from the consulate in Rio? I am one of the crazy ones who will be buying plane tickets and schedule everything in advance and i just want to make sure we have no delays. Thanks for all your help!

On 8/28/2018 at 11:51 AM, That Bingo said:

Hello All,

I am joining the game now. Noa2 was on Aug 22. Just waiting for the nvc now. I read through this forum but just to be completely safe i thought i better ask again. When is the best time to schedule the interview? When It first lets you or when you get the email from the consulate in Rio? I am one of the crazy ones who will be buying plane tickets and schedule everything in advance and i just want to make sure we have no delays. Thanks for all your help!

hey.

Parabens for NOA2.

So, now you need to wait for your case change to Ready, it's gonna happen when your case gets to Rio de Janeiro embassy and is in the system.

Submit DS160.

Go on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv , pay visa fee and schedule your interview.

Then, schedule your doctor appointment (they just schedule when you have interview date).

Wait again =/

Correct if i'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure those are the steps I took hahahaha

Timeline

Regarding the bio-metrics and photo needing to be taken at an ASC instead of at the consulate, I found some more information, an announcement on the AIS site:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-br/iv/information/announcements#381-important_information_for_immigrant_visa_applicants_20180828144126

It looks like any interviews scheduled after August 28 will need the separate appointment. My impression is that you should be able to schedule the bio-metrics appointment right after you schedule the interview itself, on the same website.

We scheduled our interview on August 22, so there was no option for the extra appointment yet, however, we received instructions to schedule our interview yesterday, which instructed us to also set up the separate appointment. We were rather concerned as we could not find anyway to do that.

If anyone has scheduled their appointment since August 28, I'd be interested to hear your experience.

11 hours ago, Emk0rp said:

Regarding the bio-metrics and photo needing to be taken at an ASC instead of at the consulate, I found some more information, an announcement on the AIS site:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-br/iv/information/announcements#381-important_information_for_immigrant_visa_applicants_20180828144126

It looks like any interviews scheduled after August 28 will need the separate appointment. My impression is that you should be able to schedule the bio-metrics appointment right after you schedule the interview itself, on the same website.

We scheduled our interview on August 22, so there was no option for the extra appointment yet, however, we received instructions to schedule our interview yesterday, which instructed us to also set up the separate appointment. We were rather concerned as we could not find anyway to do that.

If anyone has scheduled their appointment since August 28, I'd be interested to hear your experience.

Edited by bdbrwn1977

4 minutes ago, bdbrwn1977 said:

You might want to email the U.S Brazil Consulate about your issue. I think this might not apply to you, but not 100% sure. They are pretty fast at responding.

immigrationrio@state.gov

Applicants who have completed the individual registration process in this system before August 28, 2018, do not need to schedule or attend a separate appointment at any of our ASCs; instead, they only need to attend the scheduled IV interview appointment at the Consulate General Rio de Janeiro.

Timeline

M

23 hours ago, Emk0rp said:

Me and a friend who is also applying for a K1 did the same thing as you. We also scheduled in Aug 22 to Sep 18, receiving the email after. My friend emailed the Consulate asking about if we'd have to schedule a CASV appointment, which they responded saying the fingerprints would be collected at the CASV and telling us to call the CASV.

The response looked pretty much automatic, so we called the CASV, which said we are all set, only having to go to the Consulate. If you wanna contact them just in case so we have more assurance, keep us updated of what they say! The phone I called is (21) 3956-0580

Edited by derikmelo

Timeline
1 hour ago, derikmelo said:

M

Me and a friend who is also applying for a K1 did the same thing as you. We also scheduled in Aug 22 to Sep 18, receiving the email after. My friend emailed the Consulate asking about if we'd have to schedule a CASV appointment, which they responded saying the fingerprints would be collected at the CASV and telling us to call the CASV.

The response looked pretty much automatic, so we called the CASV, which said we are all set, only having to go to the Consulate. If you wanna contact them just in case so we have more assurance, keep us updated of what they say! The phone I called is (21) 3956-0580

We have been getting the runaround, and we have not been given a consistent answer. Well, as I was typing this we got a solid answer from the ASC, we don't need the separate appointment since we registered before August 28th. Below is some of the fun we went through trying to get that answer.

• We emailed immigrationrio@state.gov, they told us to call the ASC at (21) 3956-0580
  • We called the ASC at (21) 3956-0580, they told since we cannot schedule the appointment, we should be okay, but we could try emailing visario@state.gov for more info
  • We emailed visario@state.gov, they told us to forward our email to immigrationrio@state.gov 😑
  • I also tried calling the consulate on the US number, I was told we do indeed need to schedule the biometrics appointment separately at the CASV, and I should email immigrationrio@state.gov to have them enable the scheduling. 😑

Timeline
3 hours ago, derikmelo said:

Haha very confusing indeed. So from whom did you got the final answer? The same person at the ASC? 

We got the answer from the ASC, but I think it was a different person on the phone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/28/2018 at 11:27 AM, Emk0rp said:

Congrats on finishing the interview! That's huge! If you don't mind, please let us know when you receive your visa, I'm curious how long it takes.

Thanks for the update.

Hello, again!

Just to keep everyone in the loop, my status changes to “Issued” yesterday, so I believe I will be receiving an email about the collection some time next week. 😁😁

I will let you guys know when I have the visa in hand.

To those of you that are moving to the NVC/interview phase now, congratulations! You will all be surprised at how smooth and fast this last part is compared to waiting for NOA2 🤣

(And also, to the ones who haven’t done so yet: please remember to update your timeline with as much information as you can to help other members; also leave a consulate review if you have already had an interview.🙏)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.