Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Just got out of my medical appointment here in Sao Paulo and the doctor said I will be given the DS-3025 during the interview.

And yes, he recommended scanning it or making a copy to make sure you have access to your vaccination history in case the original doc gets damaged.

Then make sure to ask for it if it’s not given to you. I didn’t get anything back at my interview. (Granted, it was 3 years ago and things may have changed)

On 8/14/2018 at 2:39 PM, Nat&Amy said:

Just got out of my medical appointment here in Sao Paulo and the doctor said I will be given the DS-3025 during the interview.

And yes, he recommended scanning it or making a copy to make sure you have access to your vaccination history in case the original doc gets damaged.

hey

The doctor asked you if you wear glasses?

Or if you really do, did you bring a prescription?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, carumanto said:

hey

The doctor asked you if you wear glasses?

Or if you really do, did you bring a prescription?

Thanks!

Yes, I wear glasses so I took them + the prescription. He doctor will ask you to wear them and perform a quick eye examination to see if you need to get new glasses or not (they will compare your results to your prescription and see if everything is okay.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Question for those who have an interview date already setup (or completed their interview).

After your status was set to "Ready" at NVC, how long did it take for your fiancee to receive an email from the consulate in Rio?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Emk0rp said:

Our case updated to "In Transit" yesterday, but we are still unable to schedule the interview. I guess we will just have to wait another week or so until it is "ready".

Thanks for sharing!

It's possible that their schedulling system is undergoing some updates to reflect the changes to interviews after September 1, so you might be able to proceed when they are done with it. 

Good luck! Almost at the finish line now 😉

Timeline
1 hour ago, Brian and Rai said:

Hello everyone,

Question for those who have an interview date already setup (or completed their interview).

After your status was set to "Ready" at NVC, how long did it take for your fiancee to receive an email from the consulate in Rio?

Hello!

In my case, status turned to ready on July 30 and my fiancee (petitioner) received the email with instructions  one week later (on August 7).

Timeline
On 8/20/2018 at 6:49 PM, Annlee21 said:

hey guys.

good luck on your interview. i know some of you is this week. keep us updated on how it went.

good luck!

I second that! Good luck to you all and please show up to tell us how it went!!

As in... Did you have to separate originals and copies in two different sets of documents or should each copy be handed with the original doc in the order they tell you?

Silly question I know, but I'm finalising my folders for next week and just want to make sure I don't mess up haha 😆😶

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Thanks for sharing!

It's possible that their schedulling system is undergoing some updates to reflect the changes to interviews after September 1, so you might be able to proceed when they are done with it. 

Good luck! Almost at the finish line now 😉

Well, it updated to ready, but we still can't schedule. The NVC website says the following:

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://nvc.state.gov/interview 

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

That makes it sound like they will schedule an interview for us. Just wondering what others have experienced. Hopefully my experience can help others too. :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Emk0rp said:

Well, it updated to ready, but we still can't schedule. The NVC website says the following:

That makes it sound like they will schedule an interview for us. Just wondering what others have experienced. Hopefully my experience can help others too. :)

Definitely!  That's why it is so important that people keep posting here after NOA2 and update their timelines: so that we are able to help fellow Brazilians that are starting the process now. :)

As to the interview, what the NVC sends is a template that does not apply to the K1 visa. The reason why you are not able to schedule the interview might be related to the changes the CSRA needs to perform in the system to reflect the dual appointment that will be required for all scheduling after Sep. 1 (you will first need to go to a CASV to get photo and fingerprints taken and then to the Consulate, for the interview ).

If nothing happens in the next 48 hours, perhaps you should contact the CSRA to check what the issue might be! ;)

1 hour ago, Nat&Amy said:

I second that! Good luck to you all and please show up to tell us how it went!!

As in... Did you have to separate originals and copies in two different sets of documents or should each copy be handed with the original doc in the order they tell you?

Silly question I know, but I'm finalising my folders for next week and just want to make sure I don't mess up haha 😆😶

I kept my originals and copies together. When you get there there’s someone from the consulate that will check the docs and will ask them in a specific order. And then when you’re called at one of the windows (not the interview) you’ll hand the docs out one by one and the officer will give originals back to you.

at least that’s what happened to me 3 years ago

Timeline

Another update, I guess we were just too anxious. We were able to schedule the interview tonight, and picked the first available date, September 18. 🎉

15 hours ago, p-ana said:

I kept my originals and copies together. When you get there there’s someone from the consulate that will check the docs and will ask them in a specific order. And then when you’re called at one of the windows (not the interview) you’ll hand the docs out one by one and the officer will give originals back to you.

at least that’s what happened to me 3 years ago

My fiancé sent all the documents (evidence of support) more than a month ago.

But it's in customs and never leaves!!!!

I'm starting to freak out because my interview is in less than 2 weeks.

I was wondering if I could print out the signed documents and bring to interview - not the original.

Or you guys have any other ideas what I could do??

Thanks!

Timeline

i don't know what is wrong with NVC. My case number was assigned August 15 and my packet was not mailed out on the 21st batch. i called NVC and they said that i just needed to wait and blablabla :( i wonder why some cases that were received after were already mailed but not mine. what is the longest that is has taken for a packet to be mailed out? Does anyone know? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.