Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, angelo_brianna said:

Hello @Annlee21 and @Nat&Amy, I scheduled my interview yesterday for September 4th and I didn't see anything regarding this CASV appointment that is supposed to be mandatory after September 1st. I've already payed the fee and received the payment confirmation email, instructing me to go the interview and there's nothing mentioning this extra appointment.

I am going to call them tomorrow and check, since I have my medical scheduled for August 29th and I will have a couple extra days in Rio anyway, so if I need to go to the CASV I think I'll be fine.

If you guys know more about this, please let me know. 
Thanks

Hi there! 

Wow, your case is already in transit? That was fast! Make sure to update your timeline :)

Yeah, essentially this change is very recent. I only found out about it because the Consulate sent my fiancee an email (packet 3) with that information about interviews after Sep. 1. Up until now, photo and fingerprints were taken on the day of the interview so only one appointment was necessary; now applicants must attend two appointments in two different places.

It is very important to contact the CSRA because most of the times inconsistencies are only detected weeks later, and when that happens appointments just get cancelled out of the blue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Nat&Amy said:

Hi there! 

Wow, your case is already in transit? That was fast! Make sure to update your timeline :)

Yeah, essentially this change is very recent. I only found out about it because the Consulate sent my fiancee an email (packet 3) with that information about interviews after Sep. 1. Up until now, photo and fingerprints were taken on the day of the interview so only one appointment was necessary; now applicants must attend two appointments in two different places.

It is very important to contact the CSRA because most of the times inconsistencies are only detected weeks later, and when that happens appointments just get cancelled out of the blue.

Hi,

Yes, after a long wait at the USCIS things are moving faster.

I called https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv/ with the number +1 703 249 4687  and asked them if it was necessary to go to the CASV before the consulate appointment, because I scheduled my interview for september 4th and after paying the fees and receiving my confirmation, nothing came up saying I should do that.
After telling him my case # (RDJ...), he told me I should not worry about it and I should go straight to the Embassy, no CASV. He told me that this will start happening for interviews scheduled after september 1st. Since I scheduled mine this week (august), i don't need to do that.

If someone else calls them please let me know if they give you the same information!! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, angelo_brianna said:

Hi,

Yes, after a long wait at the USCIS things are moving faster.

I called https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv/ with the number +1 703 249 4687  and asked them if it was necessary to go to the CASV before the consulate appointment, because I scheduled my interview for september 4th and after paying the fees and receiving my confirmation, nothing came up saying I should do that.
After telling him my case # (RDJ...), he told me I should not worry about it and I should go straight to the Embassy, no CASV. He told me that this will start happening for interviews scheduled after september 1st. Since I scheduled mine this week (august), i don't need to do that.

If someone else calls them please let me know if they give you the same information!! 

Fantastic, thanks so much for sharing!

Most of the times people show up with problems but don't post again after problem is solved; especially in the Brazilian subforum people hardly ever share much about their journey post NVC (posts about that in 2018 are scarily scarce!)

Visajourney helps us with so much info, it's only fair we try to contribute as well.

If I have any other information to share, I will post it here! Feel free to do the same ;)

Timeline
4 hours ago, carumanto said:

Hey guys!

I called Brasilian embassy and I had same information as @angelo_brianna

They said I shouldn't worry about it because it's something for who shedule enterviews after September 1st.

So we are good!!

Thank you @Nat&Amy for leting us know.

Awesome! great news. Thanks everybody for sharing information
I wish you luck in your interview

16 hours ago, Migaloo said:

When having your medical, did you request an additional copy of the DS-3025 form so that you could use that for AOS later on?

They should give you a copy. But then if at the end of your medical you don’t get anything, make sure you ask for it so you can use it for aos.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, p-ana said:

They should give you a copy. But then if at the end of your medical you don’t get anything, make sure you ask for it so you can use it for aos.

Just to confirm, the DS 3025 is the document showing all vaccinations? 

Timeline
On 8/1/2018 at 11:31 AM, Suny & LeLe said:

Guys how long does it take to get the RDJ number and be able to schedule the interview? We got approved yesterday! :) 

Hey guys,

Did anyone schedule their appointments before they received the official email?

Thank you! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

hey guys, 

so there no new change for the interview? mine is for the 4th too. i called them too and they told me that nothing was showing up.

Apparently the changes only affect applicants scheduling their interviews in September. Since yours was scheduled in August, you are probably good to go (you can always contact CSRA to double check).

:)

Timeline
On 8/13/2018 at 12:45 AM, Migaloo said:

When having your medical, did you request an additional copy of the DS-3025 form so that you could use that for AOS later on?

Just got out of my medical appointment here in Sao Paulo and the doctor said I will be given the DS-3025 during the interview.

And yes, he recommended scanning it or making a copy to make sure you have access to your vaccination history in case the original doc gets damaged.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.