848 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NYLondon said:

Hi!  We had our GC interview on Thursday.  The woman was nice, we were told that it could take 120 days, then she said probably a couple of weeks.  She couldn't log on to her computer, so asked someone else to print out a "Notice of Interview Results".  She said Congratulations and we went on our way.  Unfortunately though nothing has changed in the system as of yet.  I'm hoping that she didn't forget to update the file when she was able to get into the system.  The other strange thing is the date on the letter she gave us says 11 Sep 2019.  Praying it didn't get lost in the confusion of tech issues. 

Were you interviewed in the 'Queens office'? I'm starting to think they are putting the Manhattan people's interviews in the 'Queens office' but then have to pass it off to some Manhattan office supervisor for approval.

It seems like the people who are getting instant/fast approvals are all people in the boroughs not served by the Manhattan office, while Manhattan filers are all getting the '120 days' notice.

3 minutes ago, HTM27 said:

Were you interviewed in the 'Queens office'? I'm starting to think they are putting the Manhattan people's interviews in the 'Queens office' but then have to pass it off to some Manhattan office supervisor for approval.

It seems like the people who are getting instant/fast approvals are all people in the boroughs not served by the Manhattan office, while Manhattan filers are all getting the '120 days' notice.

It could have been, not sure.  There was a couple behind me that I think said they lived in Manhattan, but anything is possible.  The signs downstairs did not match the other signs I saw, and they had just moved offices...
Praying we hear something sooner than 120 days, and that it's good news. 

I-129F                                                                                                           AOS 

24/7/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX via FedEx                                          19/6/18   - AoS mailed to Chicago via FedEx
25/7/17 - I-129F received at Lewisville, TX                                                          20/6/18   - AoS received at Chicago. I-485/I-765/I-131
27/7/17- NOA1 Notice date on I-797C also via SMS and e-mail                      27/6/18   - check cashed by USCIS 

1/8/17 - NOA1 hardcopy via mail (hardcopy date: 27/7/17)                            28/6/18   - received NOA numbers for all three apps, "submitted date" says 25/6/18   
5/2/18 - NOA2 via SMS and e-mail and App                                                       
2/7/18     - received hardcopy NOA's for all three apps
7/2/18 - NOA2 hardcopy via mail (hardcopy dated: 2/2/18)                            6/7/18     - received letter with date for Biometrics appt            
13/2/18NVC received                                                                                           
9/7/18     - Biometrics appt            
16/2/18 - NVC case number assigned/Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'     
20/7/18   - Fingerprint Review was completed            
20/2/18 - Consulate received                                                                                 
25/7/18   - Update on Current Status on I-485: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"       
8/3/18 - Medical                                                                                                      
 15 & 29/8/18; 12 & 26/9/18; 10/10/18;  - "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" email from USCIS  "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018"    
23/3/18 - Interview & APPROVED!                                                                         16/10/18  - New card is being produced  (I-765) (text & email notification)
26/3/18 - Advanced Processing                                                                             17/10/18  - Approved Form I-131
27/3/18 - Issued                                                                                                        19/10/18  - Card was Mailed To Us ( I-765) (text notification)                          
3/4/18 - Visa in hand                                                                                                
20/10/18  - received hardcopy NOA's for I-765 & I-131 in mail
12/5/18 - POE                                                                                                            24/10/18 - received EAD/AP combo card in mail   

June 2018 - Wedding (L)                                                             7 & 21/11;5/12 2018;16 & 30/1/19; 27/2; 13/3; 8 & 22/5; 5 & 5 & 19/6 2019 -"We are still reviewing your case & there are no updates at this time" email from USCIS "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018" 

June 2019 - One Year Anniversary (L)   

19/6/19   - 365 Days / 1 year since submitting AoS

3/7/2019 -"We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time"  email from USCIS "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018" 

12/7/19  -  USCUS received renewal for EAD & AP; "received date" says 10/7/19   

18/7/19   - Fingerprint Review was completed for I-765

19/7/19   - received hardcopy NOA's for both EAD & AP 

26/7/19   - received letter from USCIS that biometrics approved (didn't have to go again, this was from last years appt)
                                                                                                                                     04/9/19
   - husband rang USCIS about AP and requested expedite for AP

04/9/19   - 15 minutes after checking the USCIS website where no change was listed, it said "Interview was scheduled".  Received email from USCIS later stating "Case Status: Testing & Interview" (438 days)

05/9/19   - received text saying case was updated and to check website 
                                                                                                                                     09/9/19   - received USPS Informed Delivery that USCIS letter would arrive today & it was in the post. Rec'd email from USCIS requesting more info for expedite AP request. Faxed info back immediately. 

10/9/19   - rec'd approval for I131 renewal; 18/9-USCIS email "new card ordered"' 21/9 -"Card/Doc Production"; 23/9-2 ltrs in mail from USCIS, card mailed via USPS (text/email notifications for all)
                                                                                                                     25/9/19    - new EAD/AP card rec'd
                                                                                                                     17/10/19  - Interview in NYC
                                                                                                                                    7/11/19 -  email to check status online, finally "Case was Approved" and "New Card is Being Produced" on site.  App still not updated. 12/11/19 - card was mailed to us; 13/11/19 rec'd tracking number  
                                                                                                                                    15/11/19 - received Green Card in mail
:dance:

14 minutes ago, NYLondon said:

It could have been, not sure.  There was a couple behind me that I think said they lived in Manhattan, but anything is possible.  The signs downstairs did not match the other signs I saw, and they had just moved offices...
Praying we hear something sooner than 120 days, and that it's good news. 

I'm in the same boat and not worried... anymore. Just seems like most Manhattan filers are getting stuck with this extra delay. My I-130 was approved within a few days of the interview (which I think is approved by the main office in Missouri), but it looks like there's just a big back log for the I-485s at this office.

24 minutes ago, HTM27 said:

I'm in the same boat and not worried... anymore. Just seems like most Manhattan filers are getting stuck with this extra delay. My I-130 was approved within a few days of the interview (which I think is approved by the main office in Missouri), but it looks like there's just a big back log for the I-485s at this office.

Thank you for sharing.   I will try not to worry too much ;)

120 days later from our interview date would be 14 February 2020 so there's that (L)

Edited by NYLondon

I-129F                                                                                                           AOS 

24/7/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX via FedEx                                          19/6/18   - AoS mailed to Chicago via FedEx
25/7/17 - I-129F received at Lewisville, TX                                                          20/6/18   - AoS received at Chicago. I-485/I-765/I-131
27/7/17- NOA1 Notice date on I-797C also via SMS and e-mail                      27/6/18   - check cashed by USCIS 

1/8/17 - NOA1 hardcopy via mail (hardcopy date: 27/7/17)                            28/6/18   - received NOA numbers for all three apps, "submitted date" says 25/6/18   
5/2/18 - NOA2 via SMS and e-mail and App                                                       
2/7/18     - received hardcopy NOA's for all three apps
7/2/18 - NOA2 hardcopy via mail (hardcopy dated: 2/2/18)                            6/7/18     - received letter with date for Biometrics appt            
13/2/18NVC received                                                                                           
9/7/18     - Biometrics appt            
16/2/18 - NVC case number assigned/Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'     
20/7/18   - Fingerprint Review was completed            
20/2/18 - Consulate received                                                                                 
25/7/18   - Update on Current Status on I-485: "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"       
8/3/18 - Medical                                                                                                      
 15 & 29/8/18; 12 & 26/9/18; 10/10/18;  - "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" email from USCIS  "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018"    
23/3/18 - Interview & APPROVED!                                                                         16/10/18  - New card is being produced  (I-765) (text & email notification)
26/3/18 - Advanced Processing                                                                             17/10/18  - Approved Form I-131
27/3/18 - Issued                                                                                                        19/10/18  - Card was Mailed To Us ( I-765) (text notification)                          
3/4/18 - Visa in hand                                                                                                
20/10/18  - received hardcopy NOA's for I-765 & I-131 in mail
12/5/18 - POE                                                                                                            24/10/18 - received EAD/AP combo card in mail   

June 2018 - Wedding (L)                                                             7 & 21/11;5/12 2018;16 & 30/1/19; 27/2; 13/3; 8 & 22/5; 5 & 5 & 19/6 2019 -"We are still reviewing your case & there are no updates at this time" email from USCIS "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018" 

June 2019 - One Year Anniversary (L)   

19/6/19   - 365 Days / 1 year since submitting AoS

3/7/2019 -"We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time"  email from USCIS "We last took action on your case on 18 July 2018" 

12/7/19  -  USCUS received renewal for EAD & AP; "received date" says 10/7/19   

18/7/19   - Fingerprint Review was completed for I-765

19/7/19   - received hardcopy NOA's for both EAD & AP 

26/7/19   - received letter from USCIS that biometrics approved (didn't have to go again, this was from last years appt)
                                                                                                                                     04/9/19
   - husband rang USCIS about AP and requested expedite for AP

04/9/19   - 15 minutes after checking the USCIS website where no change was listed, it said "Interview was scheduled".  Received email from USCIS later stating "Case Status: Testing & Interview" (438 days)

05/9/19   - received text saying case was updated and to check website 
                                                                                                                                     09/9/19   - received USPS Informed Delivery that USCIS letter would arrive today & it was in the post. Rec'd email from USCIS requesting more info for expedite AP request. Faxed info back immediately. 

10/9/19   - rec'd approval for I131 renewal; 18/9-USCIS email "new card ordered"' 21/9 -"Card/Doc Production"; 23/9-2 ltrs in mail from USCIS, card mailed via USPS (text/email notifications for all)
                                                                                                                     25/9/19    - new EAD/AP card rec'd
                                                                                                                     17/10/19  - Interview in NYC
                                                                                                                                    7/11/19 -  email to check status online, finally "Case was Approved" and "New Card is Being Produced" on site.  App still not updated. 12/11/19 - card was mailed to us; 13/11/19 rec'd tracking number  
                                                                                                                                    15/11/19 - received Green Card in mail
:dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We had our interview on Oct. 15, 2019 schedule for 12pm at 9th Floor room 901 (Queens Office), we live in the Bronx.

Let me try to give a clear description as to what took place. The interview was schedule for 12PM and we got there 11:32AM. this is the time stamp on the que # we got. In the waiting area there was about 10 families so it was not crowded or seem busy. We sat patiently waiting to hear our number call. We heard numbers before and after ours called and NOT our number. At about 12:15 i went and ask the lady if they had pass our number, she told me no and the numbers are not in order as each case goes to a specific officer. 

We continue waiting and watch people come and come at about 1PM, my wife (USC) was concern as much as i am so she said she will go ask. She and the lady and was told the same thing. We continue to wait and to be honest i was getting annoy as i have been ready forums for months and never say anyone waited this long.  The lady at the front desk took a break about 1:30PM so my wife said she will ask the man that replace her. The man ash her for my Alien number to check if i am still in que. 

I went and gave him the number and he check with a look on his face like"really". He told me i was still in que and the officer who has my case is backed up. At that point i did not feel good about the entire thing as i could sense its someone the guy was not fond of base on his expressions. We continue waiting and it now 2PM and no one called our number. At about 2:15PM our name was finally called. 

The officer hold the door and told us to follow him. When we got to the office he had us raise our right hand and swear to be honest, then told us to be seated. I was told to sit in front of him and my wife to the side. He as for all our original ID, Passport, SS and Marriage Cert. I placed them all on his desk and he look though the docs for a while, then he and my wife to state her full name, date of birth and country of birth. My wife did and then he asked me to state the same. He ask my wife how we meet, she was explaining while laughing at the story and i tried to correct her with a part of it. I was told by the officer he just want to her from my wife and i will get my turn to answer shortly.

After my wife explanation he asked me the same question. He then ask my wife is she meet parents, with who did i live before us and who supported me and what kind of work they do. He then took up a copy of my I-485 and started to check off the information with a red ink pen. He asked my wife what do i do job wise. He then ask me the name of my company and wrote it on the application. Then he got to the "Yes and NO" questions and started to ask me the questions. He ask me about 10 questions in a row and i said not to all, he then pass half way in the 11th question and i say "NO'. He said, why did you say no i am not finish asking the question. I said i though you finish, he said what did i say. I then repeated the entire question and he said OK, let me ask again.  I knew that was just his test to see if i was actually being attentive to the questions. He then took my picture, did my finger print and ask for all joined document. 

He then printed out a paper said the case will be review and they have 120 days to do that, so they will contact us by letter and we are free to do.

He printed out a paper and told us they have 120 days to review and get back to us, then told us we are free to go.

Edited by Rolex-NYC-Bronx

Timeline

**We did not get our first update online until Friday 9/18/2019 in the night, that said "We order your you new card"**

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS.....GREAT FORUM

22 minutes ago, Rolex-NYC-Bronx said:

**We did not get our first update online until Friday 9/18/2019 in the night, that said "We order your you new card"**

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS.....GREAT FORUM

Congratulations 🎊 🎉 this episode is finally over!!!! See you in the ROC forum in 2021 and the naturalization forum in 2022 😁😁congratulations!!!!

I'm in Brooklyn and I'm still stuck in a delay. I called tonight and spoke with a nice dude who told me they still haven't made a decision about my case. It wasn't any news, but it was good to hear because I wanted to make sure I'm not missing any potential requests for evidence. He said there are additional steps after the field officer is done with the case... which I obviously know very well is not always the case as some people get approved right away. He said they were delayed. I knew there was a delay pre-interview but I wasn't expecting this.

Also, my expedite request is seemingly denied. Or I can't really tell from the email they sent me (minutes after I finished my call with the nice dude by the way). They referred to the extension. I'm aware... Just getting a bit tired of this.

h

Timeline
22 hours ago, Mellamanlola said:

Congratulations 🎊 🎉 this episode is finally over!!!! See you in the ROC forum in 2021 and the naturalization forum in 2022 😁😁congratulations!!!!

lol......you surely will, thanks much and all the best.

1 hour ago, Dal Gaga said:

Hi Folks ,

i can’t believe that the status changed to card is being produced !😵! Can anyone advise on how long should We wait to receive the card !

thanks 

Congratulations FINALLY 🎉 from card being produced it goes to case approved and then card picked up by usps then tracking number and next thing you know GREEN CARD IN HAND 🎉🎉🎉🎉 give it 5-7 business days! See, it came out unexpectedly! Great surprise 🎉🎉

1 hour ago, Mellamanlola said:

Congratulations FINALLY 🎉 from card being produced it goes to case approved and then card picked up by usps then tracking number and next thing you know GREEN CARD IN HAND 🎉🎉🎉🎉 give it 5-7 business days! See, it came out unexpectedly! Great surprise 🎉🎉

Thanks so much ! Case approved !!! But that one should be before card is being produced because the card can’t be provided without approval 🤔

1 hour ago, Mellamanlola said:

Will we have the tracking number put up on the case status or they ll send us a letter for that 

32 minutes ago, Dal Gaga said:

Thanks so much ! Case approved !!! But that one should be before card is being produced because the card can’t be provided without approval 🤔

the order on the updates is off but all I know is that if it says new card produced, you’ll get the gc in a few👏🏽

31 minutes ago, Dal Gaga said:

Will we have the tracking number put up on the case status or they ll send us a letter for that 

And yes the tracking number is gonna be on your online account 

3 hours ago, Dal Gaga said:

Hi Folks ,

i can’t believe that the status changed to card is being produced !😵! Can anyone advise on how long should We wait to receive the card !

thanks 

Congrats! So took about 55 days from the interview? Will be interesting to see how the rest of the “must be reviewed” times line up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.