6 posts in this topic

Hello fellows,

First of all, I am  very sorry if this question has been answered before. I tried to look for the thread but I still can't find the answer to my question. Let me share our situation:

My fiance and I sent our package to Texas PO box on June 15th. We got our NOA1 a week later (hurrayyy) and we are waiting for our NOA2.  He will file an expedite request under the following criterion:

• Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);

He says he is getting a letter signed by his CO and fax it to USCIS.

When we sent our 129F package, we did not know about the the letter of intent from the beneficiary. I live and Japan and it will take a week for my letter to get to Florida. I was thinking of sending the letter ahead of time so when the RFE comes, the letter is ready. I can only find the PO box for California service center. I am a bit hesitant to use it since it's not the actual address. Does it matter? while writing this post, I realized I could ask my fiance to check the address on the envelop of our NOA1.  If the California SC address isn't written there, would it be okay to use the PO box for my letter of intent to marry?

Should I send my letter now to my fiance or should we just wait for the RFE?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

G

Hi, i believe you can submit your letter of intent as a copy? But make sure to notarize it and bring the original letter during your interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gizzy0520 said:

Hello fellows,

First of all, I am  very sorry if this question has been answered before. I tried to look for the thread but I still can't find the answer to my question. Let me share our situation:

My fiance and I sent our package to Texas PO box on June 15th. We got our NOA1 a week later (hurrayyy) and we are waiting for our NOA2.  He will file an expedite request under the following criterion:

• Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);

He says he is getting a letter signed by his CO and fax it to USCIS.

When we sent our 129F package, we did not know about the the letter of intent from the beneficiary. I live and Japan and it will take a week for my letter to get to Florida. I was thinking of sending the letter ahead of time so when the RFE comes, the letter is ready. I can only find the PO box for California service center. I am a bit hesitant to use it since it's not the actual address. Does it matter? while writing this post, I realized I could ask my fiance to check the address on the envelop of our NOA1.  If the California SC address isn't written there, would it be okay to use the PO box for my letter of intent to marry?

Should I send my letter now to my fiance or should we just wait for the RFE?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

G

When I sent my packet I forgot to date my letter of intent and I, too, was going to just wait for an RFE but I called USCIS and they gave me the California service center address that I could send my letter to. I titled it “Request to edit/add additional information”. I literally sent the letter 4 months into my case pending which is 2 months before my case got approved. 

This is is where I mailed it to since my case was also through CSC and the customer service agent also said to add “2nd floor, Rm 2312” on my envelope within the address since that’s where the K1’s were being handled:

2D254DD9-67A1-4E79-830C-BF1C1B84083C.thumb.jpeg.6fa2f4fae62dd0b070e4ecbaabddfe4b.jpeg

P.S: Feel free to call USCIS to confirm address as well. The pic I sent you is my actual shipment notification that was emailed to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.