collinsryanmi

Thailand Packet 3 instructions - documents to submit

67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, wontonathon said:

I've been tracking timelines and it seems like wait time is slowly becoming less. If you send it tomorrow I wouldn't be surprise if you got an interview sometime around the 15th. We sent our P3 last week and it took 3 days to get an interview date that's 15 days out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well. Journey is almost over.

If you don't mind, let us know how the interview went. I'm curious what is asked. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, slc12312 said:

I understand they are scheduling interviews pretty quickly. Those instruction for the P3 threw me for a loop. They seem contradictory in many ways, but with that said, I'm probably reading too much into it, and should just chill. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes. I'm very curious about the interview. I'll be submitting my P3 around May 10, once I get the divorce decree from 1978, lol. Should arrive her on the 9th. 

Will do! I'm in knots too just by submitting our papers LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 hours ago, JCo said:

Btw, how easy and fast is it to schedule the medical with Bumrungrad? And how long did it take you to get your result? Thanks!

It was fast. They offered her next day when she called last week. But she was free to go. Her appointment is for today. I will see how long the results take to get back.

Timeline
7 hours ago, slc12312 said:

If you don't mind, let us know how the interview went. I'm curious what is asked. 

Of course. I'm just as curious myself. I will post a consulate review after she has her interview.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, slc12312 said:

That made me laugh out loud, but only because you sound like me, and I haven't even sent my packet in yet! 

I know I shouldn't say this but the OCD in me has already surfaced due to this. Anyway, I just tracked my mail and it was received by the USE. Will now sit and wait for P4 to come!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, JCo said:

I know I shouldn't say this but the OCD in me has already surfaced due to this. Anyway, I just tracked my mail and it was received by the USE. Will now sit and wait for P4 to come!

Well if there is anything to be OCD about, it is this! I don't blame you one bit. Let me know when th P4 gets here, I'm interested in the timeframe. I will mail our P3 right around the 10th of May, give or take a day or two. On my end, I have to leave Thailand, so my wife will have to travel to BKK and do this on her own. Wish I could be here for moral support, but I can't. Wishing you he best!

Timeline
5 hours ago, slc12312 said:

Well if there is anything to be OCD about, it is this! I don't blame you one bit. Let me know when th P4 gets here, I'm interested in the timeframe. I will mail our P3 right around the 10th of May, give or take a day or two. On my end, I have to leave Thailand, so my wife will have to travel to BKK and do this on her own. Wish I could be here for moral support, but I can't. Wishing you he best!

She will be fine. My fiance is not here either but it's ok. That's life. Thanks! 

Timeline

So I mailed our P3 on April 29th which the USE received on the same day, and today, I got my P4. Interview is on the 15th! 😊

I just called Bumrungrad Hospital to schedule my medical tomorrow and all is set.

Edited by JCo

Timeline
1 hour ago, JCo said:

So I mailed our P3 on April 29th which the USE received on the same day, and today, I got my P4. Interview is on the 15th! 😊

I just called Bumrungrad Hospital to schedule my medical tomorrow and all is set.

Wow, that is amazingly fast, so fast it kind of stresses me, and I'm not even related to your journey, hahaha. All I can say is best of luck! 

I have a question about the I-864 form and the country of domicile. I'm not sure what to put, and now I am second guessing (as the sponsor) myself. I have a two bank accounts in the states, a mailing address, and a residence address (no mail service to the house). However the residence is my mother's and I'm an not on record in anyway. I have been living mostly in Chiang Rai Thailand since 2014, built a house two years ago with my wife which I consider to be my permanent address, since that is where I live 75% of the year.  What do you think I should list on the I-864 as my Country of Domicile? Should it be where all my IRS and tax statements go? Or do I list Thailand as that is where I live for the majority of the year. I'm stressing out over this. I am doing a Direct Consular Filing for my wife's green card, and the only way you can do this is if you live in Thailand, which I figured I do on a retirement visa, just not all the time. Any insight on this?

Regardless, I am wishing you the very best. Good luck, I'm sure all will be ok. For another update, could you let me know the medical went? I'm curious about the immunizations and how many are actually required. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, slc12312 said:

Wow, that is amazingly fast, so fast it kind of stresses me, and I'm not even related to your journey, hahaha. All I can say is best of luck! 

I have a question about the I-864 form and the country of domicile. I'm not sure what to put, and now I am second guessing (as the sponsor) myself. I have a two bank accounts in the states, a mailing address, and a residence address (no mail service to the house). However the residence is my mother's and I'm an not on record in anyway. I have been living mostly in Chiang Rai Thailand since 2014, built a house two years ago with my wife which I consider to be my permanent address, since that is where I live 75% of the year.  What do you think I should list on the I-864 as my Country of Domicile? Should it be where all my IRS and tax statements go? Or do I list Thailand as that is where I live for the majority of the year. I'm stressing out over this. I am doing a Direct Consular Filing for my wife's green card, and the only way you can do this is if you live in Thailand, which I figured I do on a retirement visa, just not all the time. Any insight on this?

Regardless, I am wishing you the very best. Good luck, I'm sure all will be ok. For another update, could you let me know the medical went? I'm curious about the immunizations and how many are actually required. 

First, this is all going fast now after getting used to the waiting from NOA1.

Second, sorry I'm not familiar with I-864 coz I think that's for CR1 (?). Better to start a new thread for that. Again, sorry I can't help you on that.

Third, after I got our NOA2, I started working on my vaccinations (got the list from the embassy website) as I don't have any records of it. I went to PhayaThai 2 Hospital and had some blood works done to check what I already have and decided to get the shots that I needed. I read in some thread that others went to Red Cross and another clinic near Victory Monument but can't remember the name.

Anyway, will update you once my medical is done.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, JCo said:

...after I got our NOA2, I started working on my vaccinations (got the list from the embassy website) as I don't have any records of it. I went to PhayaThai 2 Hospital and had some blood works done to check what I already have and decided to get the shots that I needed. I read in some thread that others went to Red Cross and another clinic near Victory Monument but can't remember the name.

Ok, I was just wondering because the list is kind of long and some of the shots need to be spaced out (I think). My wife has had some shots, but her records are kind of incomplete. I guess we will find out when she does her physical. 

Best of luck!

Timeline
7 hours ago, slc12312 said:

Ok, I was just wondering because the list is kind of long and some of the shots need to be spaced out (I think). My wife has had some shots, but her records are kind of incomplete. I guess we will find out when she does her physical. 

Best of luck!

My fiancee went in for vaccinations shortly after NOA2. She didn't really had any done before and needed a lot of them. She had a total of 3 visits. I told her to get the ones that aren't necessarily required to come here but figured vaccines are cheaper there to go ahead and get all that she can while there.

Timeline
On 4/28/2019 at 4:18 AM, JCo said:

Btw, how easy and fast is it to schedule the medical with Bumrungrad? And how long did it take you to get your result? Thanks!

Ok. So she had her medical on Monday and she was able to pick up the result packet in Wednesday. Now just have to wait for the interview. Getting real nervous now that we're at the final step.

Timeline
3 hours ago, wontonathon said:

Ok. So she had her medical on Monday and she was able to pick up the result packet in Wednesday. Now just have to wait for the interview. Getting real nervous now that we're at the final step.

So most likely I'll get my results on Monday, then it's waiting time again. 😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.