1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 12/13/2018 at 12:11 PM, Muhammad Arman said:

I think you will get your visa in this month I will share you a link about AP people of Islamabad you will get better and more information there.

Did you got your visa???

Timeline
On 12/19/2018 at 5:56 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

If she is Christian you are Muslim and she only visited once when you got married then you sir have red flags.   If she has only visited you once that is the biggest issue they have with your case.

I converted to Islam and filed my certificate with my paperwork. But I had only one visit with my husband and my 2nd visit was for the interview with him. We did get questioned separately in a private room. It was nerve wrecking for sure and he had to send in new passport photos but he was approved and got his visa within a few weeks after the interview.  

7 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

I converted to Islam and filed my certificate with my paperwork. But I had only one visit with my husband and my 2nd visit was for the interview with him. We did get questioned separately in a private room. It was nerve wrecking for sure and he had to send in new passport photos but he was approved and got his visa within a few weeks after the interview.  

Hi ,i have my interview on tuesday inshaAllah inshaAllah, i have a question , can i take  large album of our wedding to interview r in small album😊

Timeline
21 minutes ago, S y khan said:

Hi ,i have my interview on tuesday inshaAllah inshaAllah, i have a question , can i take  large album of our wedding to interview r in small album😊

I didn’t take any photos with me. I had already uploaded picture with my petition

Timeline
8 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

It's so confusing how some get it so easily and others don't.  (Like someone with a Afgan nationality who somehow ends up with a Pakistani one and gets a visa with no AP. )  

The more you try to figure out the logistics of how and why you'll go crazy.  I totally understand the scrutiny in our case due to my husbands divorce not being of a cultural norm...but the fact that he has only an 8 year old son out of that marriage (  also not culturally normal) was totally disregarded.   Its best just to provide all the evidence you can and remain completely truthful.  Pray daily and trust on Allah.   He knows best!

Timeline
9 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

I converted to Islam in May of 2018 alhamdulillah!  I however never disclosed or sent my certificate from the Islamic center to the embassy.   I didn't want them to think I did it for my husband.  

At my first interview when asked about religion I told them how I was born Christian I was  the CFO of a mega church for 10 years and took 2 years of ministry school but I struggled with the trinity.  No more questions were asked and the officer switched topics quickly.  

Timeline
38 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

I think there were three reasons; your husband did not get approved on first interview.

1. He is from Quetta (kind of dangerous city even for me). That’s why he got lot of tuff questions. And they wanted to make sure he is a clean guy. Actually they did not take a chance and sent your file to USCIS.

2. His name. If someone has certain Arabic name the system will automatically put him in AP for extreme venting.

3. Divorce ( it was a minor issue)

I believe during 2nd Interview they are convinced that it’s a true marriage and he is a clean guy. That’s why they did not return your case. During 2nd Interview CO believed you and your husband. But now there is only one problem left, his name. The system automatically picked it. Even CO cannot override it.  I believe it should be cleared within 12 months IA.

I applied for my two brothers and a sister F-4. Both brothers got visa with their family after 6 weeks in AP. I knew it because they both did not get ds-5535 email. They have simple name. But my sister case stuck in AP since March 2018 at Islamabad. At the end of Interview CO asked my brother- in- law (he has a thick Arabic name) to submit ds-5535 via email. He did after one week. On and off he get updates in the past 9 months.  I know AP could take from 12 months to 24 months or longer. Since you guys are waiting for so long already ……May Allah reward you and your husband get visa soon IA. One more thing, not everyone with thick Arabic name will go in AP but most likely you will end up in AP.

In my opinion someone will likely end up in AP if at least one of the following criteria met.

1. Name ( even CO cannot override it)

2. Your occupation ( especially if you are certain type of engineer)

3. CO believes you are weird / liar / dishonest / visited any banned country or suspicious etc.

Anyone who see back to back frequent updates or at least see 3 updates in 3 days ………..next thing you will see ………… printed. I’m not an expert but this is my observation after visiting here M-F.

I don't think there is an exact science but yes some of those reasons are causes.   

We have had 3 back to back updates twice but no visa yet..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.