1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear All,

My case is CR1, from Pakistan, my interview was on 6th August 2018, while it went good though and kept my passport but gave me 221g to submit my wife's and sponsors tax returns  as they didn't get it, however it was already submitted and approved by NVC.

However as is it was written on 221g only to upload on CEAC, so i did the same, but also sent through AEG.

Now my CEAC status shows Administrative processing and last case update: 17th Aug 2018.

and Travel docs status shows ''your passport is being delivered to post''.

Can anyone help me whats going on as I am so confused , how much time NVC will take to get my passport back?

or is it a sign of approval or not ?

How much i have wait more?

Regards,

Ovais

On 8/17/2018 at 5:12 PM, ahm12 said:

Technically we here in US file Taxes online, we also only have digital copies.

Just print out last 3 years tax returns and the W2's or whatever the sponser has that goes with the taxes (some people have 1099).

Make sure to take the latest pay stubs if the person is employed.

Hey,according to NVC Interview checklist

1. Affidavit of support   

2. Federal income tax return or W2's of sponsor are required .If income is above the 125% of poverty guideline then we don't need a joint sponsor right? 

We have only submitted recent federal income tax return on CEAC site ,NVC never asked for. W-2s of my husband .

53 minutes ago, Mallick said:

How can I delete joint sponsor's name from ceac

Unfortunately not. The  joint sponsor will remain on the "hook" for the next 5 years, or until the sponsored immigrant becomes a US citizen, whichever occurs first  If you have got

" documentarily qualified" email.

if not then better call /email NVC & ask for help.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zelixx said:

Hey,according to NVC Interview checklist

1. Affidavit of support   

2. Federal income tax return or W2's of sponsor are required .If income is above the 125% of poverty guideline then we don't need a joint sponsor right? 

We have only submitted recent federal income tax return on CEAC site ,NVC never asked for. W-2s of my husband .

I uploaded W2 in additional supporting documents. Take W2's with you at the interview if you husband has a job.

yes if the income meets the 125% guideline you should not need joint sponser.

Does your husband has a job or he runs a business ?

Edited by ahm12

3 hours ago, Sal S said:

Do we have to take original I864 (Affidavit of support ) or photocopy will work? Also anyone know how we  can register for courier service?

I think there is No need to register for Pakistan. 

5 minutes ago, Sal S said:

Thanks, what about the I864 form. Do we have to take copy of the form that we submitted or original?

assuming by copy you means scanned /photocopy of i864 it works mostly but some times CO needs to see the original i.e. one having inked signs of sponsor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Butterfly2 said:

Hi, 

please tell me where my spouse should go for Medical Examination in Karachi beside Agha khan Clifton.

Please help for the detailed info.

For Karachi, it's only Agha Khan Clifton. They give good service. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.