Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 hours ago, JoelThai said:

Well, at least the three of us are waiting together.   @JM&PP  @Bunyaka @JoelThai  We will keep each other company while we wait.  😃   Hopefully soon.   I know they are doing interviews in Bangkok today, so maybe after they finish with those they will have time for us.

@JM&PP  @Bunyaka I am now showing as Ready.   Hopefully you are now as well.   :dancing:

Timeline

Just received our NVC Case # today after calling. July 26 NOA2. 

My beneficiary is in Thailand. Can we schedule the medical with the NVC Case #, or do we have to wait for an email or p3? 

Best wishes to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lasersupernova said:

My beneficiary is in Thailand. Can we schedule the medical with the NVC Case #, or do we have to wait for an email or p3? 

Best wishes to everyone!

congrats!

you can schedule the medical already

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lasersupernova said:

Best wishes to everyone!

You can, but for Bangkok there is really no need to rush too quickly.   It seems it is pretty easy to get appointments at Bunrundgrad.   Your case will probably go "In Transit" on Tuesday and after that it will be at least a week more until the Embassy will tag you as "Ready".  I would wait until you are showing "Ready" status unless there are logistical reasons to do it before.   

Timeline
1 minute ago, JoelThai said:

You can, but for Bangkok there is really no need to rush too quickly.   It seems it is pretty easy to get appointments at Bunrundgrad.   Your case will probably go "In Transit" on Tuesday and after that it will be at least a week more until the Embassy will tag you as "Ready".  I would wait until you are showing "Ready" status unless there are logistical reasons to do it before.   

Thank you for the info. She will be travelling to Bangkok in about a month so I was thinking it may be a good idea to get it done at the same time. I assume if she did the medical exam early, she can pick up the results when she returns to Bangkok for the interview if it's a few weeks apart. She doesn't have the flexibility to take more than a couple days off work as she's a teacher. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lasersupernova said:

Thank you for the info. She will be travelling to Bangkok in about a month so I was thinking it may be a good idea to get it done at the same time. I assume if she did the medical exam early, she can pick up the results when she returns to Bangkok for the interview if it's a few weeks apart. She doesn't have the flexibility to take more than a couple days off work as she's a teacher. 

That should work.  My case moved to "In Transit" on the 7th (they batch and send every 2 weeks) so I was in Transit for 9 days.   (I just move to Received)   I have seen it go as quickly as 7 days for Bangkok.   Once you move to "Received" you can send your Packet 3 to the Embassy and they will schedule the interview.  The BKK interviews seem to be scheduled for 2 weeks after they receive your Packet 3.  (The embassy selects the date and time for you, but you can contact them if you need to reschedule).   You will need to complete the medical before the interview and it takes a day or 2 for the results of the medical to become available.    Hopefully this will help you figure out when to do what...

And yes, the hospital will hold onto the results until you are ready to pick them up.

Edited by JoelThai

Timeline

@JoelThai Thank very much for that info, it does help me plan. It seems a bit surreal to be at this point in the process after the lengthy waiting game with the USCIS. 

Hi, I wonder if anyone could clearly outline what I can expect to see change on CEAC site, since being received on 9th August it shows 'At NVC'. Could someone post a list of the order of status changes (I'm not yet sure what it goes to after 'at nvc'). The NVC told me that it will take around 3 weeks before the US  Embassy in London receives the case. 

7 minutes ago, Stuart5000 said:

Hi, I wonder if anyone could clearly outline what I can expect to see change on CEAC site, since being received on 9th August it shows 'At NVC'. Could someone post a list of the order of status changes (I'm not yet sure what it goes to after 'at nvc'). The NVC told me that it will take around 3 weeks before the US  Embassy in London receives the case. 

It should go to 'in transit' next. From what I've read, this will happen on Tuesday (the 21st).

Then it should go to 'ready' when it reaches the Embassy, approximately a week from then!

I haven't read up as much on the "after" the interview, but I think if you're approved it goes to application received, to administrative processing, to issued?

Edit: have you booked your medical at Knightsbridge yet? They're about a month out now...

Edited by RambaCat

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Timeline
1 hour ago, JoelThai said:

@JM&PP  @Bunyaka I am now showing as Ready.   Hopefully you are now as well.   :dancing:

Yes I am showing ready too!  Hopefully @Bunyaka is ready status too.  Good luck moving forward!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Akiko & Brad said:

For us it was one day between received and number assigned.

As soon as the embassy in Tokyo receives your package from the NVC, set up your interview appointment right away after filing the DS-160.  We scheduled the first available for Oct 1 and when we scheduled that was more than 7 weeks away.  Medical is next week and we are checking everyday to see if an appointment opens up sooner.

That's great advice. Thank you!  Good luck and please let us know how you make out!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
11 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Nope. Heard it before. But then again the first agent could have told you the "storyline" until you were told what really was the status of your case.

I have what is needed to process through the Embassy their in japan if you need a copy.

That would be great. Thank you'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.