Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We received our hard copy from USCIS dated July 17, 2018.

It states that NVC should complete its processing in two to four weeks after receiving the petition.  

My understanding is after the four weeks they will then send the petition in our case to The Montreal Consulate is that when we receive the case number starting with MTL?

It also states to not contact NVC until a minimum is 30 days.  But many VJ members have called after 10 days.  

What’s this case number NVC gives us?  Is this the number I use to monitor if it’s been sent to Montreal Consulate?

Hey All,

We received our NVC case number on Friday by calling into the NVC (NOA2 date July 9th) and are now filing out the DS160.  I have a question regarding the present work information section.  There's a drop down for Primary Occupation which includes only these options:

Agriculture

Artist/Performer

Business

Communications

Computer Science

Culinary/Food Services

Education

Engineering 

Government

Homemaker

Legal Profession

Medical/Health

Military

Natural Science

Not Employed

Physical Sciences

Religious Vocation

Research

Retired

Social Science

Student

Other

I work in the finance department at my company and am used to there being an option to select Accounting/Finance on most legal forms.  This is missing in this list however.  My company is in the meat industry.  So I'm wondering do I select:

Business - for working in finance

Culinary/Food Services - because my company sells meat

or

Other - because Finance isn't specifically listed.

Thoughts/ideas are most appreciated.  I've scoured the internet looking for an answer and haven't found one.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

We received our hard copy from USCIS dated July 17, 2018.

It states that NVC should complete its processing in two to four weeks after receiving the petition.  

My understanding is after the four weeks they will then send the petition in our case to The Montreal Consulate is that when we receive the case number starting with MTL?

It also states to not contact NVC until a minimum is 30 days.  But many VJ members have called after 10 days.  

What’s this case number NVC gives us?  Is this the number I use to monitor if it’s been sent to Montreal Consulate?

Good afternoon. 

Congratulations on receiving your NOA2! Yes, most contact after 7 days plus. You will need your case number to book your medical. Packet 3 for Montreal has been posted several times, so feel free to click back through this thread. Yes for me being from UK, my case number starts with LND (as I’ll be interviewed in London). So MTL sounds correct. Waiting times from NVC to Consulate has increased slightly as per graph shown under VJ for K1 stats. Hopefully no one waits longer than 3 weeks for transition from NVC to Consulate. Good luck and congrats again. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Good afternoon. 

Congratulations on receiving your NOA2! Yes, most contact after 7 days plus. You will need your case number to book your medical. Packet 3 for Montreal has been posted several times, so feel free to click back through this thread. Yes for me being from UK, my case number starts with LND (as I’ll be interviewed in London). So MTL sounds correct. Waiting times from NVC to Consulate has increased slightly as per graph shown under VJ for K1 stats. Hopefully no one waits longer than 3 weeks for transition from NVC to Consulate. Good luck and congrats again. 

Thanks! 

So so to book my medical my case number starting with MTL I’m assuming yes?  That’s the only case number they should be providing us when we call NVC right?

When did you book your medical? Is it usually after receiving the P3?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

Thanks! 

So so to book my medical my case number starting with MTL I’m assuming yes?  That’s the only case number they should be providing us when we call NVC right?

When did you book your medical? Is it usually after receiving the P3?

Yes,  don’t worry they will give you all you need. When you ring NVC at this point all you need is your K1 visa receipt number. Once they have given a case number the will ask for beneficiary and petition date of birth etc and full names. You don’t need to quote MTL-they will do that once they have assigned a case number for you.

I booked my medical for when I’m in London next month 18th as they only had medical for around that time. Thought it was best time as would save me flight from Northern Ireland to London again. Just made more sense. No and once you receive our case number you can book your medical when it suits you. 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
7 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Yes,  don’t worry they will give you all you need. When you ring NVC at this point all you need is your K1 visa receipt number. Once they have given a case number the will ask for beneficiary and petition date of birth etc and full names. You don’t need to quote MTL-they will do that once they have assigned a case number for you.

I booked my medical for when I’m in London next month 18th as they only had medical for around that time. Thought it was best time as would save me flight from Northern Ireland to London again. Just made more sense. No and once you receive our case number you can book your medical when it suits you. 

Wow! Then that’s a good thing! I’m happy I am able to book the medical before my interview! Trying to make the process smoother and easier.  Rather than completing everything all at once.  It’s so overwhelming.  I will let my fiancé know to give NVC a ring this coming Friday. Since July 27th will be day 10 since the dated hard copy NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 7/21/2018 at 10:00 AM, Greenbaum said:

The DS - 160 is a document that stands alone. It does not affect anything. It does not need to be finished to do anything else but needs to be completed for the interview and it can be completed between now and the day before your interview (as long as you have the WAC#). You can't use it to find any information about your case. You can't use if for anything other than for its original intent and that is for the CO to use during your interview to adjudicate your case. 

Can the petitioner completes the ds-160 for the beneficiary, and the print it out for the beneficiary?   Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Hello729 said:

Can the petitioner completes the ds-160 for the beneficiary, and the print it out for the beneficiary?   Thanks in advance.

The petitioner can complete the DS-160 and print it but the beneficiary must submit it from her country or face possible problems. So petitioner would complete, beneficiary would submit, and the petitioner would print. Then how does the beneficiary get the printed copy with the bar code that must be presented at the interview?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The petitioner can complete the DS-160 and print it but the beneficiary must submit it from her country or face possible problems. So petitioner would complete, beneficiary would submit, and the petitioner would print. Then how does the beneficiary get the printed copy with the bar code that must be presented at the interview?

Thanks @Greenbaum!  This is what we are thinking:  the petitioner would complete the ds-160, and then print it out.  After that, the petitioner would copy the bar code page and mail to the beneficiary to take it to the interviewing embassy.  Do you think this would work?  

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Hello729 said:

Thanks @Greenbaum!  This is what we are thinking:  the petitioner would complete the ds-160, and then print it out.  After that, the petitioner would copy the bar code page and mail to the beneficiary to take it to the interviewing embassy.  Do you think this would work?  

No, the beneficiary is the one that MUST submit the DS-160 from their country. Once it is submitted the following page will be your receipt with barcode and you should print it.  Anyway you look at it the beneficiary must do the completion.

Other people can assist you with your visa application. Note that under U.S. law (22 C.F.R. 41.103) you must electronically sign and submit your own application unless you qualify for an exemption. Even if someone else helped you complete the application, you (the applicant) must click the “Sign Application” button, or your application may not be accepted.  (application = DS-160)

From <https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/>

Signature. The Form DS-160 shall be signed electronically by clicking the box designated "Sign Application" in the certification section of the application. This electronic signature attests to the applicant's familiarity with and intent to be bound by all statements in the NIV application under penalty of perjury. Alternatively, except as provided in paragraph (a)(2) of this section, the Form DS-156 shall be signed by the applicant, with intent to be bound by all statement in the NIV application under penalty of perjury.

From <https://definitions.uslegal.com/f/form-ds-160/>

I'm trying to figure out why HE must print it for YOU? From what I see you seem to be able to handle the workings of a computer.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

9 hours ago, jakejon said:

Hi guys, 

Congrats to all all those recently approved. Please feel free to click back on various pages of this thread. I’ve lost count of how many times we have seen certain countries packet 3 uploaded.

It is hard to keep scrolling through this thread to keep key updates such as whether anyone is in transit from NVC as the same thing Packet 3 keeps coming again and again despite already being posted several times. Just click back or even connect with your countries embassy thread as that will give you all you need to know and FAQ as countries are different. Don’t want to be disrespectful and want this thread to be used to best effect if possible! 

Thank you Jesus! and @jakejon.

I see the same question asked time and again. Also, it's ok if you want to look around at the different tabs and see what information available. And last but not least Google is your best friend.

You ask a question and if I don't have the answer I google it and share the answer. Now, ask yourself why you can't do the same. Stop asking the questions and read the thread. I have this website we are in now booked marked and when I come back the next day I begin reading from the latest entry backwards, that way if a question has been answered I don't have to repeat the answer and you don't have to read something that has already been answered. I work back to the last entry I read before quitting. Then I edit the book mark with the last page so tomorrow I can go back to the current last page and begin reading backwards to where I left off the visit before. It's one of those processes that makes you hit your forehead it so simple.

Sorry, when you answer as many questions that I do, you're bound to get a little punchy. Just try and answer your question on your own before asking the group.

This thread is more for sharing your experience and to , stomp your feet and scream that USCIS is being unfair to you. It's not a place that the German couple should be asking the couple from Togo what they should do next. You should be in your region/country's sub-forum where there are many like yourself and many experts to answer your question's that are specific to your Embassy. I'll say it again EVERY EMBASSY IS DIFFERENT. NO TWO ARE SIMILAR IN WHAT THEY REQUIRE OR THE ORDER IN WHICH YOU PROCEED.

@jakejon sorry I hijacked your post. Have a great evening and best to all with gentle winds and smooth sailing until you are in the arms of your love one. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

9 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

Wow! Then that’s a good thing! I’m happy I am able to book the medical before my interview! Trying to make the process smoother and easier.  Rather than completing everything all at once.  It’s so overwhelming.  I will let my fiancé know to give NVC a ring this coming Friday. Since July 27th will be day 10 since the dated hard copy NOA2.

That's a question that should be asked in the sub-forum for Canada (see the link below) Get the Canadian K1 P3 at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed. Check whether you can do your medical and book your interview prior to MTL sending you the P3. Every Embassy is different.

READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed. http://canada.usembassy.gov/

Two more places to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

And a recent interview review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=18429

Join the Canadian sub-forum here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/ where you can ask questions that are specific to the Canadian Embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

That's a question that should be asked in the sub-forum for Canada (see the link below) Get the Canadian K1 P3 at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed. Check whether you can do your medical and book your interview prior to MTL sending you the P3. Every Embassy is different.

READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed. http://canada.usembassy.gov/

Two more places to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages

And a recent interview review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=18429

Join the Canadian sub-forum here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/ where you can ask questions that are specific to the Canadian Embassy.

Thanks for this.  I understand what you are saying above about visiting sub-forum based on the country where the US embassy is based.  I am very resourceful when it comes to things like these but sometimes its best for information to come from someone who is experiencing the same process you are within the same time frame.

For example I went onto a sub-forum Montreal medical and Consulate Interview thinking that was the appropriate sub-forum to ask questions regarding P3 and such, since they were on that phase but then again they also told me to go into sub-forum's regarding people who are doing NOA2 and NVC phase, so I found this one.  So much going back and forth.  

Don't get me wrong this is a great site and super informative especially with members like you @Greenbaum.  Thank you again for all your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm trying to figure out why HE must print it for YOU? From what I see you seem to be able to handle the workings of a computer.

Here is one possible scenario why he may wish to print it....    It may just be easier for them to do it this way, even though it may seem more complicated to us because we are not knowledgeable of the details of the individuals circumstances.

In my situation my beneficiary has access to a Chromebook Laptop I left with her, but no convenient way to print hard copies.   Because her computer experience is limited and prone to errors, our plan is that I (the petitioner) will prepare the DS-160 (as permitted), but my beneficiary will perform the electronic submission (as required).   After the form is summited, the confirmation page can later be accessed by either the petitioner (me) and/or the beneficiary (her) at a later time.    

In my case, my beneficiary does not have easy access to a printer, so I will be printing the confirmation page and also assembling most of the Packet 3 documentation (we already have 95% complete and in my possession).  She will then forward everything to the Embassy and I will know everything is in proper order.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 hours ago, jakejon said:

Don’t want to be disrespectful and want this thread to be used to best effect if possible! 

Preparing for Packet 3 is an important step.   While you and I may be well prepared for Packet 3, for those who are not, this is an excellent time for them to be working on meeting its requirements.   We need to keep in mind that not everyone here are VJ veterans and they may ask questions in the "wrong" place, but that being said, if we are able to help them, regardless of where they ask for help, then we should.   

I believe this thread is "used to the best possible effect" by helping people who need assistance.    Yes, ideally most answers can be found using the search function of VJ, but many have difficulty doing so.   Personally I am a search ninja, but I know most are not.     @Greenbaum should be commended on his efforts to help people who ask for his help with Packet 3, in this thread or any thread.   :thumbs: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.