nikha

San Jose, CA Field Office

417 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, nikha said:

Here you go Google Sheet Based Tracker for San Jose Field Office

Please update your cases as and when possible -- Thanks !

Added mine.  Thanks for creating  the tracker.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you so much Guys. I did a pass through threads on more recent months for San Jose applicants. Didn't find any

Please update your case Google Sheet Based Tracker for San Jose Field Office

Please update your passport tracking cases Google Sheet Based Tracker for Passport

Timeline

@jysharma @SJ_MD Please do keep us informed about your status updates

Please update your passport tracking cases Google Sheet Based Tracker for Passport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

This morning I got an alert that my interview was scheduled yesterday.

Though I don't know the date yet, the notice has not gotten uploaded to the myaccount website yet.

Timeline
On 8/14/2018 at 5:52 AM, geff44 said:

Added mine.  Thanks for creating  the tracker.

Excellent news. Want to update the tracker? If yes please update the Google sheet one. Thanks

Timeline
On 8/18/2018 at 11:53 AM, mav11235 said:

Though I don't know the date yet, the notice has not gotten uploaded to the myaccount website yet.

Excellent news. Want to update the tracker? If yes please update the Google sheet one. Thanks

Wanted to reply to this message, but replied to wrong one previously

Amazing!! Congrats!! You give us hope on SJ office. Lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wonderful news! 

K-1 Visa:                                                                             ROC:

04-16-2014 - I-129F Petition filed                                   04-04-2017 - Mailed ROC application

05-30-2014 - NOA2 Approved                                         04/20/2017 - NOA received

09-10-2014 - Interview- VISA APPROVED                      05/12/2017 - Biometrics

01-10-2015 - POE: San Francisco                                    06/06/2018 - I-551 Stamp in passport

01-12-2015 - Married                                                         11/28/2018 - Joint I-751 & N400 Interview
                                                                                              11/29/2018 - Approved 

AOS:                                                                                       Naturalization:

02-26-2015 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP                              27-03-2018 - Filed online application
03-12-2015 - NOA received for AOS, EAD & AP              04/03/2018 - Biometrics
04-13-2015 - Biometrics                                                     10/24/2018 - "Interview Scheduled" status
05-21-2015 - EAD/AP combo card delivered                  11/28/2018 - Interview
06-24-2015 - Interview for AOS, Approved.                     11/30/2018 - Status: "In Line for Oath Ceremony"
07-09-2015 - Green card in hand                                       01/17/2019 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

@Bella_28 I read that you finished your oath ceremony and are a US citizen now. Do you want to share your oath experience here ? Did you apply for Passport immediately ? How long did it take ?

Any and all details are appreciated ?

4 hours ago, nikha said:

@Bella_28 I read that you finished your oath ceremony and are a US citizen now. Do you want to share your oath experience here ? Did you apply for Passport immediately ? How long did it take ?

Any and all details are appreciated ?

Yes I am now a US citizen, tremendous credit to this website. The ceremony only took an hour but the line outside took forever as there were 400 people attended. We had to surrender the green card and also bring the appointment Letter. Before the ceremony started there were people from SS, Voters Officer and passport officers would instruct you what would be next step now that were citizen. People there would provide passport application and if you want to register to vote after the ceremony. Hopefully this would help people that will attend oath in Campbell theater. Also, if you visit Campbell theater website you will see the schedule of oath ceremony each month, so you kind have ideas when will be your oath ceremony after your interview. I didn’t apply passport right away as I need the original to take with me to renew my driver license. Good luck

39 minutes ago, Bella_28 said:

Yes I am now a US citizen, tremendous credit to this website. The ceremony only took an hour but the line outside took forever as there were 400 people attended. We had to surrender the green card and also bring the appointment Letter. Before the ceremony started there were people from SS, Voters Officer and passport officers would instruct you what would be next step now that were citizen. People there would provide passport application and if you want to register to vote after the ceremony. Hopefully this would help people that will attend oath in Campbell theater. Also, if you visit Campbell theater website you will see the schedule of oath ceremony each month, so you kind have ideas when will be your oath ceremony after your interview. I didn’t apply passport right away as I need the original to take with me to renew my driver license. Good luck

Thanks for sharing! Hope our SJ friends will hear interview soon!

Timeline
18 hours ago, Bella_28 said:

Congrats and thanks so much for sharing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/24/2018 at 3:57 PM, Bella_28 said:

Congrats @Bella_28

Out of curiosity, what happens if you don't have a valid GC by this oath ceremony date?

By that I mean people like me who still haven't had their ROC application approved yet, and I am hoping that with my N-400 interview they will also approve my I-751, but even if they do that I am not sure if I will receive my GC within that ~1 month period. Can you not attend the oath ceremony without the ROC GC?

Edited by mav11235

1 hour ago, mav11235 said:

Congrats @Bella_28

Out of curiosity, what happens if you don't have a valid GC by this oath ceremony date?

By that I mean people like me who still haven't had their ROC application approved yet, and I am hoping that with my N-400 interview they will also approve my I-751, but even if they do that I am not sure if I will receive my GC within that ~1 month period. Can you not attend the oath ceremony without the ROC GC?

Thanks. I don’t know the answer to your question but I would suggest that you ask the USCIS person that will conduct your interview, so you knew what to do before you go on to your oath ceremony.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.