dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
17 hours ago, girlonfire said:

aww man! Hope you hear something soon!

Thank u !

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

For those of you that reached the 8th week of waiting to get a case #... did u call at the beginning of the week or at the exact day you got to your 8th week? Then after that I read they’ll send it to a supervisor and then what? How long more to wait and can I pay the fee right away? 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, valentinasc said:

For those of you that reached the 8th week of waiting to get a case #... did u call at the beginning of the week or at the exact day you got to your 8th week? Then after that I read they’ll send it to a supervisor and then what? How long more to wait and can I pay the fee right away? 

8weeks+1day,call NVC that you have passed the 8weeks Mark and then the agent will tell you it's going to be escalated to a supervisor. At that point you start calling 2times daily(in our case).

8weeks+3days,we got the case/Invoice numbers over the phone,went ahead to fill ds261. The next business day,we received the welcome letter with the aos invoice&paid immediately.

Called NVC to review our ds261 over the phone which the agent did,got invoice for iv fee the next business day,paid same day. 

It took the aos fee 2business days to show PAID after payment and took the Iv fee 3business days to show PAID after payment then ds260 was unlocked immediately.

Edited by Abies

On 03/07/2018 at 5:29 PM, Abies said:

Alright but keep calling them 

Abies good morning please do you know if the US embassy in Lagos accept declaration of age if you don't have a birth certificate cause my cr1 visa interview is coming soon and I don't have birth certificate I only have Declaration of age from the high court 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Kanene said:

Abies good morning please do you know if the US embassy in Lagos accept declaration of age if you don't have a birth certificate cause my cr1 visa interview is coming soon and I don't have birth certificate I only have Declaration of age from the high court 

Have you gone through NVC yet?

Take the declaration of age(2copies) with 2passport photographs to National Population Comissions in your state/city,they will take one copy and issue you an Attestation Of Birth which be stapled together with the original age declaration you got from the high court,make photocopies of it and submit it to nvc/embassy then take the originals as well as other original documents to the embassy during your interview.

It won't cost you more than 6k to get it done.

P.S: NVC does not accept only age declaration from Nigerians,they also want the Attestation Of Birth from NPC.

Hope this helps?

Edited by Abies

28 minutes ago, Abies said:

Have you gone through NVC yet?

Take the declaration of age(2copies) with 2passport photographs to National Population Comissions in your state/city,they will take one copy and issue you an Attestation Of Birth which be stapled together with the original age declaration you got from the high court,make photocopies of it and submit it to nvc/embassy then take the originals as well as other original documents to the embassy during your interview.

It won't cost you more than 6k to get it done.

P.S: NVC does not accept only age declaration from Nigerians,they also want the Attestation Of Birth from NPC.

Hope this helps?

Thank you so much for the information,waiting for interview letter in 2weeks time my wife called nvc they said we will get the interview letter have done all the process with nvc paid all the fees,can't wait to finish  this case we started the process April last year over a year now still on it is tiring you know .

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kanene said:

Thank you so much for the information,waiting for interview letter in 2weeks time my wife called nvc they said we will get the interview letter have done all the process with nvc paid all the fees,can't wait to finish  this case we started the process April last year over a year now still on it is tiring you know .

Yes I know. Immigration cases are like finger prints. Every case is different,we started ours since May last year too. 

By his grace,it will end in praise. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, ABK said:

Second week ended and still no CC! This is extremely disappointing. 😢

Mine too.starting the second week.still no Cc.when did they scan your documents??

11 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Mine too.starting the second week.still no Cc.when did they scan your documents??

What was your scan date?

3 minutes ago, ABK said:

My case is pivot. I resubmitted my docs on June 22nd. 

You have been very patient.. you are getting it coming week in Sha Allah, dont worry.. :) 

Just now, Ajt3 said:

June 27 is my scan date...Did u get CC??

Not yet... my scan date was july 2nd. I hope we will get it coming week.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.