Ashanu

FYI - I-751 Interview Processing Times California Service Center

14 posts in this topic

Just thought I would give an update on my recent experience.

I am an April 2017 I-751 filer with CSC. USCIS website states that they are processing Nov 2016 filers at present (confirmed when I called USCIS). Yet, I got called for an interview in April 2018. I was unable to attend the original date but managed to get a date for 20th June 2018. I got worried thinking there was problem with the application as I was expecting to be called in about 6 months time.

Interview officer told me that all applicants are being interviewed now ( in the past only those that needed some form of verification were called for an interview). After the interview, I was told it would take 4-6 weeks for a decision. But 2 days later I received an email stating my green card would be posted within 120 days.

The interview itself was straight forward and the officer was friendly but we were not fully prepared. I did not bring all the documents the officer wanted to see and could not remember all the dates I was asked for and spouse was uncertain about some facts relating to tax. After the interview we were worried there may be an RFE but that was not the case. I guess the documentation we had was robust enough.

Edited by Ashanu

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife is an April 2017 CSC filer so this is good news. Thanks for sharing.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, GreatDane said:

Congratulations! I've been waiting since August 2016 so I'm glad that there's been more progress :) 

I've heard a rumor that the Seattle office is very backed up. Maybe that's the reason. Did you file n400 to have then n400 and i751 processed together?

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

37 minutes ago, Russ&Caro said:

I've heard a rumor that the Seattle office is very backed up. Maybe that's the reason. Did you file n400 to have then n400 and i751 processed together?

Yes and yes. That's the rumor at least. I applied for N400 in July last year so maybe I'll be able to get naturalized before the mid-term election. Time will tell :)

5 hours ago, GreatDane said:

Congratulations! I've been waiting since August 2016 so I'm glad that there's been more progress :) 

August 2016?  wow 

Bellevue?  we lived there b4, still visit there several times a year and have a house there

2 hours ago, gc@gc said:

August 2016?  wow 

Bellevue?  we lived there b4, still visit there several times a year and have a house there

Aw, yeah, we love it here. Nothing more beautiful then the mountains and the ocean all within walking distance. Not sure how you could leave! :)

1 hour ago, GreatDane said:

Aw, yeah, we love it here. Nothing more beautiful then the mountains and the ocean all within walking distance. Not sure how you could leave! :)

yeah, i can see mountain rainier from the bedrooms and living room, really miss that

well, one day we may move back:D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I doubt everyone is getting an interview since I still see cases every week where people get approved without an interview.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

13 hours ago, gc@gc said:

yeah, i can see mountain rainier from the bedrooms and living room, really miss that

well, one day we may move back:D

I can see Baker from our bedroom and living room on a good day. Olympics, too. :D 

The house is always there for you to come back. It's a beautiful place.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:06 AM, Ashanu said:

Just thought I would give an update on my recent experience.

I am an April 2017 I-751 filer with CSC. USCIS website states that they are processing Nov 2016 filers at present (confirmed when I called USCIS). Yet, I got called for an interview in April 2018. I was unable to attend the original date but managed to get a date for 20th June 2018. I got worried thinking there was problem with the application as I was expecting to be called in about 6 months time.

Interview officer told me that all applicants are being interviewed now ( in the past only those that needed some form of verification were called for an interview). After the interview, I was told it would take 4-6 weeks for a decision. But 2 days later I received an email stating my green card would be posted within 120 days.

The interview itself was straight forward and the officer was friendly but we were not fully prepared. I did not bring all the documents the officer wanted to see and could not remember all the dates I was asked for and spouse was uncertain about some facts relating to tax. After the interview we were worried there may be an RFE but that was not the case. I guess the documentation we had was robust enough.

Received my 10 year green card by USPS priority mail today, exactly 1 week after the ‘new card is being produced’ email.

On 6/30/2018 at 12:49 AM, Ashanu said:

Received my 10 year green card by USPS priority mail today, exactly 1 week after the ‘new card is being produced’ email.

Ashanu,

Can you share the questions that you were asked during the interview? That would be really helpful to us.

Thank you

2 hours ago, lemongreentea said:

Ashanu,

Can you share the questions that you were asked during the interview? That would be really helpful to us.

Thank you

1- Firstly asked verifying questions like name, date of birth, addresses, etc

2- Addresses where we stayed in the last 3 years (it was again verifying everything on the application)

3- Husbands job location

4- Copies of tax returns for both of us (we did not take husbands as I did not realise that was needed) - he had it on his laptop but they did not want to see it. He was asked what his tax refund was and this was recorded in their notes

5- Originals of both old and new passports (I did not take old ones as I did not know it was needed)

6- Duration of each journey outside the country - I did not have any dates or duration though I did not breach any rules. I did not come prepared for this question as it was not asked in the application

7- They did not want to see the the documents that were asked for like bank statements, bills, lease document, joint property ownership or insurance cover for both of us through his employer, but I did give all these documents to them

8- Asked for husbands mobile phone provider - then asked if he was on a family plan - he said no. But no further questions asked.

Many questions led from one to the next based on your response. I thought I had insufficient information for about 50% of the questions. At the end I asked if I should send all the missing information / documents and I was told they will write and let us know if that was the case. 

With hindsight I’d say they just did the interview because they had to but not because they needed to. Take as many documents as you can. It may or may not be needed and the information and documents they ask for are not just limited to those you have submitted with your application or asked for in the letter.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

thanks for the info! I wonder if everyone will be called for an interview tho, if they have have time/enough officers for that

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.