Tierra

How long does it take to decide?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

We’re currently going through the waiver process. Granted we had no clue we could mention this at the interview and try to prove how we meet these waiver requirements. 

Im so lost. How long does this take? We’re both having such a hard time. I know all of us here at Visa Journey are going through a lot. 

Any advice would be so refreshing. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Average seems to be 15 month's

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Could you provide more context for the waiver? I-601 or I-212? 

Hang in there. I'm on the tail end of this journey (my husband's oath ceremony was originally scheduled for last Saturday, but was cancelled). But I still feel beat down by USCIS!

Wishing all of your luck on your immigration journeys.

Timeline

I’m so sorry I don’t know what waiver it is. We applied for the K1 Visa and because my fiancé is a part of the countries that are banned they’re seeing if we qualify for a waiver. Do you know what waiver that’d be?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tierra said:

I’m so sorry I don’t know what waiver it is. We applied for the K1 Visa and because my fiancé is a part of the countries that are banned they’re seeing if we qualify for a waiver. Do you know what waiver that’d be?

No time line for those yet to see one on here approved

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

To the best of my understanding, the Supreme Court's final judgement will come out around June 30th. 

The Dept. of State says - From December 8, 2017 through May 15, 2018, at least 655 applicants were cleared for waivers after a consular officer determined the applicants satisfied all criteria and completed all required processing.  Many of those applicants already have received their visas.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/10/2018 at 5:46 PM, HesamMo said:

hey @Tierra, hopefully you have heard something back by now?  

I am planning to start my process mid-year 2019, want to learn from others trying to prep as much as possible.

Unfortunately we haven’t heard anything. I had my senator contact the embassy and they give the same answer as well. That we need to wait and see if we qualify for the waiver. Nothing new on our end but waiting.

• 1 year later...

Hi Tierra,

My Iranian husband had his interview in May 2016. He has been put on Administrative Processing ever since. We just heard recently that he will be having his interview in February 2020. He was asked to redo the medical exam, bring all the original documents, and most current passport. It seems his visa is ready to be picked up. I applied for his visa the beginning of 2016. By the time he will be getting his visa, it will have been 4 years. 

I

11 hours ago, biblio2019 said:

Hi Tierra,

My Iranian husband had his interview in May 2016. He has been put on Administrative Processing ever since. We just heard recently that he will be having his interview in February 2020. He was asked to redo the medical exam, bring all the original documents, and most current passport. It seems his visa is ready to be picked up. I applied for his visa the beginning of 2016. By the time he will be getting his visa, it will have been 4 years. 

I

I-130 approved Aug 2017, visa interview 2/2/2018, denied...601 waiver 3/12/18...RFE 2/2/2019...additional inadmissibility of fraud added a year and a month after first interview...RFE received 6/13/2019...12/31/19...still waiting. This process is horrible. We wish you and your hubby all the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.