CharlieBrown

Do people get approved without pictures?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Hey everyone, I've been wandering if I made the mistake of not sending any pictures with my package. I didn't think it was necessary, and the officer at the first interview asked to keep our pictures so I thought they already had that part. But now I've been wondering if that was a mistake.

I sent a solid package with joint filed taxes (we filed separately for money reasons in 2016 but sent that too), car title with both our names, car insurance in both our names, drivers license showing shame address and same last name, health insurance, bank statements, 3 different leases from the apartments we've lived together since our marriage in 2015, our cat's registration with both our names as owners, some mail adressed to both of us, phone bill with his name and both our lines together (they don't let us have two names on a plan), and one affidavit (without notary - didn't know about that). Didn't include a cover letter.

I'm a november 2017 filer, same sex marriage. Any insights?

Thank you!!

Edited by CharlieBrown

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Hey everyone, I've been wandering if I made the mistake of not sending any pictures with my package. I didn't think it was necessary, and the officer at the first interview asked to keep our pictures so I thought they already had that part. But now I've been wondering if that was a mistake.

I sent a solid package with joint filed taxes (we filed separately for money reasons in 2016 but sent that too), car title with both our names, car insurance in both our names, drivers license showing shame address and same last name, health insurance, bank statements, 3 different leases from the apartments we've lived together since our marriage in 2015, our cat's registration with both our names as owners, some mail adressed to both of us, phone bill with his name and both our lines together (they don't let us have two names on a plan), and one affidavit (without notary - didn't know about that). 

Thank you!!

Apparently they aren't interested in anything like that, and only in financial documents and leases/mortgages. I guess it makes sense, since anyone can fake pictures and letters and so forth. You can't predict anything reliably, since the USCIS is a shambles, but what you sent should more than suffice (provided the bank statements show that you both made transactions from it - they are on the lookout for 'shell' accounts).

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Jameson78 said:

Apparently they aren't interested in anything like that, and only in financial documents and leases/mortgages. I guess it makes sense, since anyone can fake pictures and letters and so forth. You can't predict anything reliably, since the USCIS is a shambles, but what you sent should more than suffice (provided the bank statements show that you both made transactions from it - they are on the lookout for 'shell' accounts).

thanks! the bank statements as I sent do show the account is very active, and I also sent a voided check with both our names and address on it. and I thought the same about pictures being easy to fake that's also why I didn't bother with it. I guess I'm just starting to get paranoid with this long wait.

I-751

Filed: Timeline
16 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

thanks! the bank statements as I sent do show the account is very active, and I also sent a voided check with both our names and address on it. and I thought the same about pictures being easy to fake that's also why I didn't bother with it. I guess I'm just starting to get paranoid with this long wait.

Yeah no problem, you should be all set. I also drive myself up a wall with this,  so I get it.

Edited by TBoneTX
profanity removed

3 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

I would still sent them some pics just 6/7 like during family gatherings, important holidays etc. For my application, I captioned the pics in Word Document (e.g. father-in-law, friends etc.). Last thing you would want is to get RFE from USCIS after almost 2 years wait. 

But yes I do agree pics  and affidavits are secondary evidence. 

Edited by mycase17

5 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

I sent a solid package with joint filed taxes (we filed separately for money reasons in 2016 but sent that too), car title with both our names, car insurance in both our names, drivers license showing shame address and same last name, health insurance, bank statements, 3 different leases from the apartments we've lived together since our marriage in 2015, our cat's registration with both our names as owners, some mail adressed to both of us, phone bill with his name and both our lines together (they don't let us have two names on a plan), and one affidavit (without notary - didn't know about that). Didn't include a cover letter.

Thank you!!

I am a same sex marriage too... greetings from California!!

Timeline
6 hours ago, mycase17 said:

I would still sent them some pics just 6/7 like during family gatherings, important holidays etc. For my application, I captioned the pics in Word Document (e.g. father-in-law, friends etc.). Last thing you would want is to get RFE from USCIS after almost 2 years wait. 

But yes I do agree pics  and affidavits are secondary evidence. 

We don't have pictures with family since mine doesnt live here and he doesn't get along with his.. We just have pictures of us basically 

4 hours ago, RubenMX said:

I am a same sex marriage too... greetings from California!!

hey! how's your process going?

I-751

You can send pics of ya'll. I'm sure plenty of people have been approved without pics. If anything, they may bring pics to the interview.

I think I only sent one picture of us with family. But I sent pictures of us or him and my daughter at holidays. It's secondary evidence, but they do look at it. Make sure they're quality pics with reason/purpose, not just selfies. 

I made sure to write the dates/holidays pics were taken on the pics.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ash.1101 said:

You can send pics of ya'll. I'm sure plenty of people have been approved without pics. If anything, they may bring pics to the interview.

I think I only sent one picture of us with family. But I sent pictures of us or him and my daughter at holidays. It's secondary evidence, but they do look at it. Make sure they're quality pics with reason/purpose, not just selfies. 

I made sure to write the dates/holidays pics were taken on the pics.

well I already sent my package 6 months ago lol

I-751

Just now, CharlieBrown said:

well I already sent my package 6 months ago lol

Oh ya then you're fine. Wait time is crazy right now. If you get an interview, bring pics, if not then no worries!

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

Oh ya then you're fine. Wait time is crazy right now. If you get an interview, bring pics, if not then no worries!

oh well I hope so, I don't want another interview. This wait is making me crazy

Edited by CharlieBrown

I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
11 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Thank you!!

Absolutely. Pictures are only secondary evidence. A very good friend of mine whose husband is from Syria didn't send any pictures with their I-130. In fact she sent nothing except for the application and the required marriage documents and her husband was approved. They applied back when the Syrian war was just beginning in 2011, which happened to be the same time my husband and I applied. Because of the war she was unable to mail him the original documents that were required at the time for the interview at the consulate and her husband's interview was the day before my husband's in Jordan. I was flying to Amman to go to attend the interview with my husband so I offered to bring the documentation with me and give it to her husband( Syrians interview in Amman so her husband was already in the city). At the time they weren't letting any Syrian citizens into Jordan, even with documentation proving he had an interview at the consulate. He had to pay off one of the border officers in order to get across. The night my husband and I met him to give him his documents the poor guy was flat broke with nowhere to stay because the officer demanded he give him all the money he had in order to be allowed across. My husband insisted he stay at his parent's house, which he did for 2 weeks until his visa was ready. We also gave him the money he needed to pay for the fees at the consulate. Sorry for the long story, but it brought back incredible memories. I still can't believe that it was over 6 years ago and the war is still going on and there is little left of Syria and it's people. So sad...

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cathi said:

Absolutely. Pictures are only secondary evidence. A very good friend of mine whose husband is from Syria didn't send any pictures with their I-130. In fact she sent nothing except for the application and the required marriage documents and her husband was approved. They applied back when the Syrian war was just beginning in 2011, which happened to be the same time my husband and I applied. Because of the war she was unable to mail him the original documents that were required at the time for the interview at the consulate and her husband's interview was the day before my husband's in Jordan. I was flying to Amman to go to attend the interview with my husband so I offered to bring the documentation with me and give it to her husband( Syrians interview in Amman so her husband was already in the city). At the time they weren't letting any Syrian citizens into Jordan, even with documentation proving he had an interview at the consulate. He had to pay off one of the border officers in order to get across. The night my husband and I met him to give him his documents the poor guy was flat broke with nowhere to stay because the officer demanded he give him all the money he had in order to be allowed across. My husband insisted he stay at his parent's house, which he did for 2 weeks until his visa was ready. We also gave him the money he needed to pay for the fees at the consulate. Sorry for the long story, but it brought back incredible memories. I still can't believe that it was over 6 years ago and the war is still going on and there is little left of Syria and it's people. So sad...

oh wow thats very sad

I-751

Timeline
1 minute ago, Orangesapples said:

Everybody is talking about pictures but no one has mentioned the cat ownership. Has anyone else ever sent pet documents as proof? I'll be shocked if USCIS cares. I'm commenting out of pure curiosity. 

well we have it so i didnt think it'd hurt evenif it doesnt help. our cat is microchiped so that means any of us can claim ownership if he gets lost then found. 

I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.