budgie

22 days since i-751 package receipt, but no NOA or cheque cashed

8 posts in this topic

Hi All 

Package mailed 14-May, tracked as received 16-May at Laguna CA service center.

I'm starting to worry they lost my package. It's been 22 days.

Anyone else have timings to share?

Thx.

I'm in the same boat. I sent my package on 04/09/18 delivered on 04/12/18 and I never received anything, the never cashed the money order so I cancel the money order and ask for a refund and sent a second package on 05/24/18 and I'm still waiting for them to cash or send me something. When is you GC expiring? I'm sooo frustrated because I see how other people get their NOA right away..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, budgie said:

Hi All 

Package mailed 14-May, tracked as received 16-May at Laguna CA service center.

I'm starting to worry they lost my package. It's been 22 days.

Anyone else have timings to share?

Thx.

I have been through that too. I received an NOA1 for my AOS after 21 days of filing too. So I'm sure yours will come one of these days. Don't worry.

Edited by NovaDC

When is the GC expiring?

I mailed my stepdaughter's I-751 packet on 05/02/2018 and they received it the following day (05/03/2018) according to the tracking, but they didn't cash the check until yesterday, 06/06/2018. I was almost on the verge of scheduling an infopass appointment at the Los Angeles field office (her GC expires on 06/18/2018), but I'm glad they finally processed the payment. It took more than 31 days in my case so all I could say is hang in there.

Just gonna wait for the NOA1 now... 

K1 Timeline:

02/28/2014 - I-129F Submitted
04/08/2014 - I-129F NOA2 Received

07/03/2014 - SLEC Medical Appointment 1 (Result: Sputum Culture)

09/18/2014 - SLEC Medical Appointment 2 (Result: Passed)

10/14/2014 - K1 Visa Interview (Result: Approved)

10/23/2014 - K1 Visa Issued

11/09/2014 - Entered USA (POE: Los Angeles)

01/02/2015 - Wedding Day

AOS Timeline:

03/02/2015 - I-485 Submitted (with I-765 & I-131)

03/13/2015 - I-485 NOA Received (with NOA for I-765 & I-131)

03/30/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Completed

05/12/2015 - I-785 & I-131 Approved

05/20/2015 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

06/10/2015 - AOS Interview (Result: Approved)

06/18/2015 - Conditional Green Card Received

ROC Timeline:

05/15/2017 - I-751 Submitted 
05/26/2017 - I-751 NOA Received 
06/13/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed

07/18/2017 - Extension NOA Received (twelve month extension)
03/05/2018 - I-751 Received by Local Office
04/20/2018 - Infopass Appointment (Result: I-551 Stamp on Passport, six-month extension)

06/18/2018 - Extension NOA Received (eighteen month extension)

10/29/2019 - Infopass Appointment (Result: I-551 Stamp on new Passport)

11/06/2019 - I-751 Approved

11/14/2019 - Permanent Green Card Received

Thanks People. My GC expires late in July so I have a little time. I'll hang in a little longer. I read on the May 2018 filers thread that there are backlogs at the service centers that could be a wait of 30-60 days!!

22 hours ago, Karenessa said:

I'm in the same boat. I sent my package on 04/09/18 delivered on 04/12/18 and I never received anything, the never cashed the money order so I cancel the money order and ask for a refund and sent a second package on 05/24/18 and I'm still waiting for them to cash or send me something. When is you GC expiring? I'm sooo frustrated because I see how other people get their NOA right away..

So you canceled the first money order because you thought something was wrong then sent another package a month later? ouch! Wish you would have found VJ first to hear about the delays. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Yes!! :(

The money order I sent never was cashed so they sent my refund this week. The other package I sent was with a check so I'll know faster when they cashed it. My hopes are that either the application really got lost or they might see it and try to cash the money and it will be denied and they will request me to send another one, which I already did on May 22 so I'm waiting for them to check that one. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.