dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
2 hours ago, spacetofu said:

On the travel.state.gov website for supporting documents, it says:

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

You are more than 16 years old;

The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and

You still live in the country that issued the certificate.
Hope this helps! 

Thanks for that! I just wanted to clarify what is meant with "return".

I lived in Germany from 2010-2011. I visited it after couple of times. I got police certificate last year from there (when I hoped the whole process would be faster, silly me!). On year has now passed since I got the certificate. I have been back to Germany after the certificate was issued but it was literally less than a day (I just went from Austria to Munich airport to fly out from there). 

I am hoping I won't need to get a new certificate for the NVC stage. What would you guess?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Elrona said:

Thanks for that! I just wanted to clarify what is meant with "return".

I lived in Germany from 2010-2011. I visited it after couple of times. I got police certificate last year from there (when I hoped the whole process would be faster, silly me!). On year has now passed since I got the certificate. I have been back to Germany after the certificate was issued but it was literally less than a day (I just went from Austria to Munich airport to fly out from there). 

I am hoping I won't need to get a new certificate for the NVC stage. What would you guess?

Better safe than sorry so I’d recommend getting a new one

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

1 hour ago, deema-alawwad said:

Hello 
i want to ask about  the interview . how much of days should i witting from send all documents to get interview date ?    

It depends. Is your case a pivot or non pivot? It also depends on your embassy.

For example in my non-pivot case it was only 12 days. But it really varies.

Edited by Marta777

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Marta777 said:

It depends. Is your case a pivot or non pivot? It also depends on your embassy.

For example in my non-pivot case it was only 12 days. But it really varies.

oh thank you but what the maximum
time to get the date of interview ؟

Edited by deema-alawwad

14 minutes ago, houstonwilliam said:

Hello, I got CC on 06/13/2018. It is paper submission, not electronic. Any idea how far away from getting a interview date? Is it possible to get a interview date in August if not July? Thank you so much. Very anxious to wait for green card to get back to States...

Yup, even July is still possible!!!! 

My CC was 06/12/2018, only a day earlier than yours, and yesterday NVC mailed me my interview date: 07/25/2018.

Crossing fingers for you!

3 minutes ago, Marta777 said:

Yup, even July is still possible!!!! 

My CC was 06/12/2018, only a day earlier than yours, and yesterday NVC mailed me my interview date: 07/25/2018.

Crossing fingers for you!

Thanks you so much. It is so nice of you.

Is yours also paper submission? Is paper submission the so-called non-PIVOT, while electronic is PIVOT? Thanks.

Just now, houstonwilliam said:

Thanks you so much. It is so nice of you.

Is yours also paper submission? Is paper submission the so-called non-PIVOT, while electronic is PIVOT? Thanks.

My case is non-pivot, so it’s paper submission, just like yours.

But on that stage the waiting time really only depends on the embassy where you’ll have the interview.

2 minutes ago, Marta777 said:

My case is non-pivot, so it’s paper submission, just like yours.

But on that stage the waiting time really only depends on the embassy where you’ll have the interview.

Thanks. 

My understanding is that paper is slower than electronic submission, since the documents need to be shipped to the embassy, maybe in quarantine for a period of time. I heard it is 2 months for paper submission versus 1 month for electronic submission after CC to get back from NVC for IV date which is one month ahead of time. It is hard to dig out information online about the how long it takes, I am not sure about my information. Please shed some light on it, with regard to whether my information is about correct. My embassy is Guangzhou, China.

4 minutes ago, houstonwilliam said:

Thanks. 

My understanding is that paper is slower than electronic submission, since the documents need to be shipped to the embassy, maybe in quarantine for a period of time. I heard it is 2 months for paper submission versus 1 month for electronic submission after CC to get back from NVC for IV date which is one month ahead of time. It is hard to dig out information online about the how long it takes, I am not sure about my information. Please shed some light on it, with regard to whether my information is about correct. My embassy is Guangzhou, China.

I am not an immigration attorney so the information I have may not be 100% legit, but since what I read here, what people were sharing about their cases, I would say that: pivot/non-pivot is faster/slower - it’s not a rule at all.

It really depends on a certain case and then on a backlog at the embassy.

Logically, I would say just like you, that electronic documents move faster than papers by regular mail, but it’s not really a rule here.

1 minute ago, Marta777 said:

I am not an immigration attorney so the information I have may not be 100% legit, but since what I read here, what people were sharing about their cases, I would say that: pivot/non-pivot is faster/slower - it’s not a rule at all.

It really depends on a certain case and then on a backlog at the embassy.

Logically, I would say just like you, that electronic documents move faster than papers by regular mail, but it’s not really a rule here.

Thanks. 

Attorneys only gives "official answers", not very helpful. I feel this forum and people like you are more helpful for giving out real-life experience. Only problem with this forum is too much information in there, hard to dig out.

10 minutes ago, houstonwilliam said:

Thanks. 

Attorneys only gives "official answers", not very helpful. I feel this forum and people like you are more helpful for giving out real-life experience. Only problem with this forum is too much information in there, hard to dig out.

Yup that’s right.

But even the information you’ll dig out can be useless in your case, because it’s really hard to tell how long will one certain case take. It can only give you an estimated timeline. Which is VERY frustrating, because there are our lives and our families at stake.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.