aiyappan

June 2018 AOS Filers

310 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rilo0918 said:

I heard after the "normal waiting period", we are allowed to request for an expedited service for EAD. I read it somewhere that people have been reaching out to their senate or congressman to assist with that? how does that work?

Here's the thread for the EAD expedite requests:

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening!

Just wanted to give another update on hubby's case. Previously, we wanted to expedite his EAD however the lawyer was saying that since we live in a Republican state, we may have trouble expediting. Well...the expedited request got approved and hubby got his EAD about 1 - 2 weeks later

1. June 2018 - petition month (end of June....)

2. Mid-July (around the 9th or 10th) - biometrics completed

3. August (don't remember the date) - our case is ready to be scheduled for the interview

4. End of August - we expedited the EAD with our congresswoman in ATL, GA

5. Waited...

6. Early October - contacted congresswoman regarding our case since we weren't hearing back and she got an update from USCIS that the expedited request was declined :(

7. Mid October - Hubby got an email from USCIS regarding his case that card was being produced

8. End of October - EAD/ AP (travel permit) is in the mail

We did not provide any evidence for the expedited requests....and the request was denied but then it ended up arriving. 

About a week or 2 ago, hubby got an email that no update has been made in his case so far so for now, we're just waiting.... 

Edited by Andy1991

13 hours ago, Andy1991 said:

Good evening!

Just wanted to give another update on hubby's case. Previously, we wanted to expedite his EAD however the lawyer was saying that since we live in a Republican state, we may have trouble expediting. Well...the expedited request got approved and hubby got his EAD about 1 - 2 weeks later

3. August (don't remember the date) - our case is ready to be scheduled for the interview

5. Waited...

6. Early October - contacted congresswoman regarding our case since we weren't hearing back and she got an update from USCIS that the expedited request was declined :(

7. Mid October - Hubby got an email from USCIS regarding his case that card was being produced

We did not provide any evidence for the expedited requests....and the request was denied but then it ended up arriving. 

About a week or 2 ago, hubby got an email that no update has been made in his case so far so for now, we're just waiting.... 

congrats!!! Could you please explain what exactly you guys did to request for an expedited service? how did you reach out to your congresswoman? by email, letter etc. what exactly do you have to say and include etc

thank you

On 11/24/2018 at 11:23 PM, Andy1991 said:

Good evening!

5. Waited...

Curious as well , I am at 5 months now. I will try and contact a senator in the next two weeks or so. 

On 11/25/2018 at 1:29 PM, Rilo0918 said:

congrats!!! Could you please explain what exactly you guys did to request for an expedited service? how did you reach out to your congresswoman? by email, letter etc. what exactly do you have to say and include etc

thank you

Hey Thanks!

We first went on the website of the congresswoman (we just googled her and her website came up) and went to 'contact us' section of her page. We then called her office and explained what was going on and how we wanted to expedite. They agreed to help us out and next day I believe we went to her office (we didn't speak to the congresswoman herself, just someone who works under her who deals with other government offices such as USCIS). That person had us fill out a form online and then we were in contact with her via email from there. Once we filled out the form (form was simple and took less than 30 minutes) and wrote a general letter explaining why we wanted EAD expedited, she forwarded all of that to USCIS. 

in that letter, we included a list of monthly expenses and how it's just 1 person. In addition, we also mentioned that hubby had received a job offer letter. 

On 11/27/2018 at 6:35 PM, killadocg23 said:

Curious as well , I am at 5 months now. I will try and contact a senator in the next two weeks or so. 

Yeah contact a senator or congressperson. Our lawyer was first trying to tell us not to do it because we live in a "majority Republican state" and we may not get help. However they did help us and we were originally declined by USCIS on the expedited EAD but then it got approved 

Does not hurt to try!

Hopefully yours arrives soon!

1 hour ago, Rilo0918 said:

hi Killadocg,

i see that you filed it in SA TX. I did too.

I filed all of my documents towards the end of May and they received it June 1st. I'm still waiting on my EAD but haven't heard anything.

Have you gotten yours?

Hi, 

No I haven’t either. Just waiting for my date to come and then I will make a case inquiry. I am gonna be 6 months waiting and the end of December.

1 hour ago, Noname93 said:

Mine got approved like 2 days before I could have made a case inquiry. If your stuff was received June 1st you should be already able to make an inquiry. My noa date is June 15th

What does NOA stand for?

and when did you submit your case? I've already did and still haven't heard back from them yet... i'm going to call tomorrow to see:(

NOA stands for notice of action. Basically the letter uscis sends to say they received your file. I filed June 11th, case was received June 15th. I'd call them. When they lost my noa in the mail I sent an inquiry. When nothing happened, I called and they said that if I hadn't heard back after a month they'd put in a separate inquiry. A week after the second inquiry I got the letters.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:28 AM, Noname93 said:

NOA stands for notice of action. Basically the letter uscis sends to say they received your file. I filed June 11th, case was received June 15th. I'd call them. When they lost my noa in the mail I sent an inquiry. When nothing happened, I called and they said that if I hadn't heard back after a month they'd put in a separate inquiry. A week after the second inquiry I got the letters.

ooh okay thank you!! I've already called and made a request for my EAD to be expedited but I haven't heard anything back from them at all.

I called again yesterday to follow up for an update but they told me it's just taking a little longer than usual. Should I reach out to congressman soon?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.