Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, HannahSF said:

Ugh talking to them is so frustrating. I hope it doesn't mean the final action date has moved but is still not current. On that note what's your priority date? Mine is Oct 2018.

Also Daniel2014 what's your friends priority date and visa category? EB2 or EB3? Also just wondering what's your priority date too?

Really hope we all get some good news next week

My friend's PD Oct 2018. 

Mine May  2018

both eb2

what is your consulate. Montreal?

20 minutes ago, Daniel2014 said:

My friend's PD Oct 2018. 

Mine May  2018

both eb2

what is your consulate. Montreal?

Oh nice! I definitely think you'll be current when the next VB is out, not too much waiting left. Mine is actually Auckland - New Zealand and I'm EB3, I had June 3rd CC and would have been booked for July but they had a backlog like Montreal and now I'm not current  

Edited by HannahSF

Just now, Daniel2014 said:

@BurBur Is it the same day the VB was published and you got the IL?

you have posted that your ceac status changed to 'in transit" and you called NVC. Was it before the VB published or after?

Thanks

It was the same day. It was shortly after VB was released when I saw my status changed to in transit.

1 minute ago, BurBur said:

It was the same day. It was shortly after VB was released when I saw my status changed to in transit.

@BurBur Thank you for your reply. I assume we can hope some good news when the VB is released this month. One of my friend got IL last week Thursday. He was not current as per September VB. CC July 2019, EB 2. Not montreal though. The embassy he got interview is not a busy post. Non immigrant appointment schedules in 3 days  in that post. Montreal takes 2 months to shedule a non immi interview. I think when @shaik get the IL last month, he was not current as per August VB. One day when I call NVC, the agent said case shoud be current for them to send IL. But @shaik and my friend's cases are different. @shaikgot the IL  after the VB released because  he is current as per September VB. I guess, We cannot weigh your case becoz you were current on both Aug. and Sept. Have you seen Montreal issue IL two times for a month. becoz @CAN2US already got the IL last week for 15th Oct. Is that means Montreal is done sending IL for this months? Any thoughts?

14 minutes ago, Daniel2014 said:

@BurBur Thank you for your reply. I assume we can hope some good news when the VB is released this month. One of my friend got IL last week Thursday. He was not current as per September VB. CC July 2019, EB 2. Not montreal though. The embassy he got interview is not a busy post. Non immigrant appointment schedules in 3 days  in that post. Montreal takes 2 months to shedule a non immi interview. I think when @shaik get the IL last month, he was not current as per August VB. One day when I call NVC, the agent said case shoud be current for them to send IL. But @shaik and my friend's cases are different. @shaikgot the IL  after the VB released because  he is current as per September VB. I guess, We cannot weigh your case becoz you were current on both Aug. and Sept. Have you seen Montreal issue IL two times for a month. becoz @CAN2US already got the IL last week for 15th Oct. Is that means Montreal is done sending IL for this months? Any thoughts?

Montreal was definitely waiting for the VB when they issued my IL, otherwise it should be out around 7-9th day of the month per historical trend. This makes sense to at the end/start of fiscal year when VB needs some hard math to finalize. So it makes sense that they wait till it's official. The fact that CAN2US got IL already makes me think another IL this month is less likely but I definitely don't know for sure. I'll say give it a day for VB.

2 hours ago, Kartinee23 said:

Montreal gave out ILs today but for CR1/IR1 

April 26-May 2 CCs only. Idk about EB? Do they give schedules twice a minth or once? 

I think EB based scheduling process is different and they are waiting for VB to get released to schedule interviews. This waiting is crazy and teaching utmost patience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.