Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, ALC said:

I know, if you look at line 14 and 15 of the tracker, the gap between was 10 days (3/1/2020-3/11/2020), the guy on 3/1 was interviewed in April, the guy on 3/11 will be interviewed in June, so for May, there were 100 EB visas, which was DQ'ed in that 10 days, it's just deductive reasoning.

OR MTL is prioritizing certain groups (medical, people that are suing them etc.), and not strictly following the "first in first out" norm. 

Either way, strong numbers in May for EB's

Most of the EB processed in May is EB3 with a total of 67, for EB1 and some EB2 who don’t need employers necessarily only 16 and 17 respectively. Obviously, MTL is prioritizing certain groups and not following the “first in first out” norm.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/22/2022 at 4:01 PM, Nimar said:

Any luck for folks trying the Mandamus writ route? I was wondering about the chances of being successful in Mandamus writ. I am thinking to discuss about it with my employer. 

My lawyer filed a notice of intent to file a mandamus lawsuit a week ago.  She has given them 30 days or we move forward with the lawsuit.  Nothing so far besides the generic "we are busy" e-mail from Montreal.  I'm not holding my breath they will respond to the notice of intent.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:39 AM, forever_immigrant said:

Not sure if this was shared before, https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/fiscal-year-2022-employment-based-adjustment-of-status-faqs

I decided to switch to AOS, will start preparing documents soon. I think Montreal consulate absolutely failed their mission by creating such backlog for employment based category. 

Good luck! I actually am doing both at the moment. Waiting for my consular interview at MTL (DQ June 2020) and also just filed the AOS as a dependent on my spouse’s application…current processing time for I-485 at our assigned service center (Nebraska) is 32.5 months as of today. Here’s hoping my interview at MTL comes before spouse’s 32.5 month wait 😅 We are both listed as each other’s dependents in the applications so yup hoping for either one to get done asap.

8 hours ago, VA21202 said:

Good luck! I actually am doing both at the moment. Waiting for my consular interview at MTL (DQ June 2020) and also just filed the AOS as a dependent on my spouse’s application…current processing time for I-485 at our assigned service center (Nebraska) is 32.5 months as of today. Here’s hoping my interview at MTL comes before spouse’s 32.5 month wait 😅 We are both listed as each other’s dependents in the applications so yup hoping for either one to get done asap.

Just to clarify, you and your spouse both have your separate I-140's as primary applicants, and you are on each other's as derivative beneficiary?

9 hours ago, lpool_pak said:

Hi all - I have a question for all the Eb3 ROW category here. Specifically anyone in EB3 professional workers category, do you mind checking your DS260 online visa app (CEAC) and check if your Visa Class (on the top right corner) says "EW"? Please let me know, appreciate your help!

I don't have anything like that. No mention of "Visa Class".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, CanadianMD said:

Updated for May 2022 Statistics. Think this format is easier to interpret.

image.png

Looks great and really helpful. How about a bar for family preference visas?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.