TBoneTX

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC [Part II]

983 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, jeyster12 said:

Decided that I won't be checking ceac next week or until fiance says it's issued. Lol. It's just making me depressed and frustrated 🙃🙃

I'm confused, have you had your interview?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, jeyster12 said:

His was last May 18. I pray that you and the kids would get it soon!!

Wow, that was quick! Mine only updated on the day of the interview, last May 22 and May 24 and until now nothing, still says 'ready' for interview :( We already sent an email to the embassy but they said it takes 3-5 business days to get a reply. CO told my fiance that he is approved and he even confirmed this by asking again. I don't know why they are taking so long or if this is normal at all..

Everyone's case is different. Some take a little longer then others. There is no explanation. These are the steps that your visa takes before it is issued. Once it's issued it's about a day or so then it's on its way. Don't bother the Embassy as everything you need to track your visa is here: (Philippines ONLY)

TRACK YOUR VISA/PASSPORT AT THE EMBASSY

State Dept.  visa tracking:  https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?   (not updated or as detailed as the USEM website)

Here is a link for requirements for receiving your passport and the visa, there are also options for tracking the status of your visa/passport and where it is currently.  You can also change delivery options.  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

If your application was temporarily refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, you can now check the status of your application online. http://manila.usembassy.gov/adminprocessing2.html

TRACK YOUR PASSPORT/VISA THROUGH 2GO

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp Enter your UID number off the embassy confirmation letter (online confirmation page by bar code).

2GO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR CHECKING DELIVERY

2Go customer service hotline (+632) 5287-136 is available Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/tools/tracking.asp

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of the steps for Embassy Manila:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork (status should change from immigrant to non-immigrant at this stage)

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/1/2018 at 1:20 AM, manful said:

We got our visa in hand today (approved on Tuesday). Wondering what the next steps are before marriage. I saw someone say we should go to the Social security office after he arrives in the states to register? This isn't on the list of steps in the K-1 guide. Anyone know anything about this? We're all set to pick up our Marriage license as soon as he arrives (next tuesday).  And then on to the next set of paperwork once we're married....

wow that’s quick, i’ve been waiting for mine since May 22. It’s going to be 2 weeks on tuesday. I wonder if its okay or if it’s normal coz im in the provincial side. the only way for me to check is sending email, then it’ll send automatic reply “no available status” or through 2go etrace then it says “invalid” which means they haven’t received it.

2 hours ago, LizM said:

Oh really, good to know! It's a bit confusing that the USCIS and the embassies have different policies. But I guess it makes sense that if you send a scanned copy to USCIS in the initial petition, embassy wants to see the original when it's time for interview.

FYI. Normal rule of thumb is when you submit the 129f copies of everything. When go to the interview - originals with copies as some may ask for a copy and you will have it with you. Now the 134 is fine for most Embassy's as a wet signature emailed then printed for the interview. Please Please read your Embassy instructions if it doesn't say then go with scanned or printed copy with signature.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, DPP123 said:

Finally received Packet 3 from US Embassy in Madrid after my fiance sent them an email.   Made my fiance run to the post office and send them certified mail of docs!  This is all becoming so real and I feel so happy that I am not the only one on this journey and we can all share our experiences and guidance through this process.  Best of luck to everyone!  

I don't have a copy of the P3 instructions for Madrid. Can you PM me and send a scanned copy. I file them so that I can help others who come after you so they can begin to gather their documents while waiting for their case number. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

8 minutes ago, sillyali said:

wow that’s quick, i’ve been waiting for mine since May 22. It’s going to be 2 weeks on tuesday. I wonder if its okay or if it’s normal coz im in the provincial side. the only way for me to check is sending email, then it’ll send automatic reply “no available status” or through 2go etrace then it says “invalid” which means they haven’t received it.

Call 2go as they sometimes hold on to them till they have other packages going out to the provinces. I see this many times in the past. Also use the information I posted above to track the visa.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Call 2go as they sometimes hold on to them till they have other packages going out to the provinces. I see this many times in the past. Also use the information I posted above to track the visa.

ohh, i was thinking of calling them earlier but i was thinking that if it says invalid then maybe they still haven’t received it from the embassy. but yes sure i will 😊 thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
On 5/31/2018 at 11:01 AM, LizM said:

I agree with @K1visaHopeful, it is best to do before marriage. Just a heads up though, even though you don't have to wait two weeks after US entry to get the SSN like the instructions on here say (those instructions outdated, your arrival should be in the system immediately these days), do wait as long as you can if you're planning to marry soon after arrival (but still before marriage of course). I entered on 5/24/2018 and went to the Social Security Administration office on 5/29/2018 and my arrival was NOT yet in the SAVE database. So they had to do a manual verification, which can take a month or more. So like I said, if you want to marry within two weeks of entering, still try and wait as long as you possibly can before the marriage to avoid my situation :) I really wanted that SSN sooner!

Good to know! thank you! We are marrying at the end of June due to my parents flying in for the wedding so we can wait 2 weeks no problem. I think we'll do that just in case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
25 minutes ago, sillyali said:

Are you waiting for your visa? My fiancé picked it up at the embassy instead of having it mailed and the marriage license we did online and just need to go to the Recorder's office to pick it up in person once he's here. As for the SSN I think we'll wait a couple of weeks since we aren't planning on marrying until the end of June. Good luck on your wait, fingers crossed you get what your waiting for very soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't have a copy of the P3 instructions for Madrid. Can you PM me and send a scanned copy. I file them so that I can help others who come after you so they can begin to gather their documents while waiting for their case number. Thanks.

Will do as soon as I get home

Timeline
27 minutes ago, manful said:

Are you waiting for your visa? My fiancé picked it up at the embassy instead of having it mailed and the marriage license we did online and just need to go to the Recorder's office to pick it up in person once he's here. As for the SSN I think we'll wait a couple of weeks since we aren't planning on marrying until the end of June. Good luck on your wait, fingers crossed you get what your waiting for very soon!

yes i’m waiting for the visa. but thank you for that too 🤗 I guess we’ll do the same 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Congrats.  You have all the information to complete your interview for your visa? Are you comfortable with how this is proceeding? USEM is one of the easiest Embassy's to have your visa application adjudicated so relax. You'll do fine.

yes and you were really right about me stressing lol, like my papers is about 5 kilos the co didn't even looked at any of it not even 1.guess it helps that he came to visit me 8 time since last year and ge was with me at the interview. coz when he asked me that then 2 more question and were done.thank you and for all the guys who help me here.I'm gathering info amd experiences how many days they got their visa after the interview and if i can do the cfo the day before our flight? 

1 minute ago, stat said:

yes and you were really right about me stressing lol, like my papers is about 5 kilos the co didn't even looked at any of it not even 1.guess it helps that he came to visit me 8 time since last year and ge was with me at the interview. coz when he asked me that then 2 more question and were done.thank you and for all the guys who help me here.I'm gathering info amd experiences how many days they got their visa after the interview and if i can do the cfo the day before our flight? 

Yes you can complete the CFO the day before as long as you have your passport with you and you know "something" about your future husband. :jest:

CFO in Manila is the hardest one to pass so if you are near Cebu or Clark you may want to consider those locations since you are doing it the day before. That doesn't give you much of a cushion if you have any problems in Manila. Just giving you some caution.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Yes you can complete the CFO the day before as long as you have your passport with you and you know "something" about your future husband. :jest:

CFO in Manila is the hardest one to pass so if you are near Cebu or Clark you may want to consider those locations since you are doing it the day before. That doesn't give you much of a cushion if you have any problems in Manila. Just giving you some caution.

i will be doing it here in manila coz our flight is from here.wow i didn't know CFO would be hard.thank you@greenbaum. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.