phtotx

Interview in Manilla

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, long time lurker.. I mean really long like 2 years. My husband finally has his interview and I would like to know. When doing the interview they ask about any time spent in other countries. My husband worked overseas he thinks it was just under a year. This was when he was much younger. Just curious, does the embassy have any way to verify if he did actually spend time outside of the country?

They asked my fiancee about both her work in KSA and all her visits to other countries, including specific questions about a couple day trip to India.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

27 minutes ago, phtotx said:

Hi everyone, long time lurker.. I mean really long like 2 years. My husband finally has his interview and I would like to know. When doing the interview they ask about any time spent in other countries. My husband worked overseas he thinks it was just under a year. This was when he was much younger. Just curious, does the embassy have any way to verify if he did actually spend time outside of the country?

When did he work overseas, where, and for how long exactly? He might need a PCC to go along with that.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, phtotx said:

Yes they will ask about time spent in other countries (most times they know the answer but what to hear from the applicant).

If over the age of 16 and 1 year or more in a foreign country a police clearance would be asked for.   Sounds like this may not apply here.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

14 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

When did he work overseas, where, and for how long exactly? He might need a PCC to go along with that.

15 years ago in Qatar, and 6 years ago in Kuwait. We did look and it seems the clearance was not required for Kuwait (happy). But the problem with Qatar if it was over a year in the country. They want entry and departure records. My husband's old passport is long and gone, how would he even get that.

32 minutes ago, phtotx said:

15 years ago in Qatar, and 6 years ago in Kuwait. We did look and it seems the clearance was not required for Kuwait (happy). But the problem with Qatar if it was over a year in the country. They want entry and departure records. My husband's old passport is long and gone, how would he even get that.

Then he needs to follow the rest of the requirements to get a PCC from Qatar and then go to the embassy to turn it in. If you do not do that then he will have problems in the interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, phtotx said:

Over a year, for sure a different story.  

Yes, Kuwait is a waiver country.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Qatar.html

Exceptions:  Applicants are required to submit evidence of their legal stay in Qatar.  If someone is unable to provide evidence or details of his/her entry into or exit from Qatar, that applicant is required to visit the Directorate of Expatriate Affairs at the Ministry of Interior to get a certificate of entry/exit record.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

45 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Where is this place??

Expat affirms?

45 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Over a year, for sure a different story.  

Yes, Kuwait is a waiver country.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Qatar.html

Exceptions:  Applicants are required to submit evidence of their legal stay in Qatar.  If someone is unable to provide evidence or details of his/her entry into or exit from Qatar, that applicant is required to visit the Directorate of Expatriate Affairs at the Ministry of Interior to get a certificate of entry/exit record.  

Timeline
50 minutes ago, phtotx said:

Where is this place?

visit the Directorate of Expatriate Affairs at the Ministry of Interior to get a certificate of entry/exit record.  

I would have to believe at their embassy in Manila

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Now we are really confused. My husband went to Makati to the embassy and they directed him to DHL. Attached is what DHL gave him. I believe they think he wants a clearance, but on the embassy website, and even on this paper it says to have a copy of passport with entry/exit dates. He is going to go back and specifically try to get to the "Directorate of Expatriate Affairs at the Ministry of Interior" to get his entry/exit records.

Do anyone know why the info on this paper is different from the Qatar embassy website? For example the fees, 30 usd vs 10 usd. Is DHL just trying to make money?

pcc.jpg

8 hours ago, phtotx said:

Husband just left NBI for the fingerprint sundry. They turned him away and wants a request letter. Is this a letter from us or the embassy?

Anyone have info on this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.