moonsky

WRONG married date on N-400. HELP PLS!!!

14 posts in this topic

Hi fellows-

I submitted my N-400 this morning at work without any paperwork in front of me. (I did not submit any documents because I was told that I could always add more documents after submission plus I was rush and wanted to finish the application right away)

I went home and realized that the date we got married was one day before the date I put on the N-400 application. (The actual date is 10/17 and I put 10/18)

Would that cause a problem or maybe a delay or even worst a denial?

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Thanks in advance xx

Edited by moonsky

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
58 minutes ago, moonsky said:

Hi fellows-

I submitted my N-400 this morning at work without any paperwork in front of me. (I did not submit any documents because I was told that I could always add more documents after submission plus I was rush and wanted to finish the application right away)

I went home and realized that the date we got married was one day before the date I put on the N-400 application. (The actual date is 10/17 and I put 10/18)

Thanks in advance xx

Fix it when you go for interview. No need to worry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi,

exactly, any mistakes on the form you can correct the  form at the interview when you review the N400

now who told you that you could just submit the form was wrong. if you are married, you had to submit a copy of the marriage certificate, plus you had to submit a copy of your GC front and back. immigration needs to know if you qualify or not for citizenship. requesting more documents means a delay in  your case

1 minute ago, aleful said:

hi,

exactly, any mistakes on the form you can correct the  form at the interview when you review the N400

now who told you that you could just submit the form was wrong. if you are married, you had to submit a copy of the marriage certificate, plus you had to submit a copy of your GC front and back. immigration needs to know if you qualify or not for citizenship. requesting more documents means a delay in  your case

Thank you for your response. 

I posted my question about those “pending” documents and was answered that you could totally go back and add additional documents if needed. 

My I751 was approved but the 10yr card hasn’t arrived and the 2yr card had been taken away at an infopass appt. 

Well, I’ll wait and see then. It only shows that I submitted the application. Nothing else.

16 minutes ago, moonsky said:

Do you think I could do so at the interview?? I am pretty worried :(

Yes, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least the significant) this error ranks at about 0.00001.  People make errors and USCIS knows that and has a process to fix them, so unless someone deliberately tries to mislead them - which you have not -  it's not an issue.   Like others have said, I'd be more worried about the grief you're going to receive from your spouse for forgetting your anniversary than I would be about the USCIS case officer who will likely laugh along when you explain your plight.

3 hours ago, bsp said:

Yes, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least the significant) this error ranks at about 0.00001.  People make errors and USCIS knows that and has a process to fix them, so unless someone deliberately tries to mislead them - which you have not -  it's not an issue.   Like others have said, I'd be more worried about the grief you're going to receive from your spouse for forgetting your anniversary than I would be about the USCIS case officer who will likely laugh along when you explain your plight.

Omg I know right?

Life is crazy with work, this and that, here and there and I am totally burnt out. Having hard time memorizing all anniversaries in my big family as well.

Thank you all for calming me down in this.

All the best xx

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
15 hours ago, moonsky said:

Hi fellows-

Thanks in advance xx

Don't worry, I forgot to add a WHOLE child :o I'm not too worried, I'll just explain my incompetence when I eventually get an interview! (Stepchild I never see, he's a fully grown man ) 

Edited by reddbear

20 hours ago, moonsky said:

Hi fellows-

Thanks in advance xx

This may help you feel at ease

I did my "interview" on tues. 

I put it in quotes because it did not seem like an interview more like a verification of info they have. Is this right is that right are you still married is this all spelled carrectly.. 

Then all the yes no questions are you a member of this or that did you do this are you a terrorist and my favorite are you a public drunkard.

Then the english test and the civics test 

Sign this sceen a few time sign these papers ..

They did have an error about how many times my wife was married corrected it and signed paper to state it was corrected no big deal

And then

Done

He asked me to wait in waiting room so they could give me oath ceremony letter before I left.

It felt like they knew the answer before I even got there was so smooth.

Most of the delays I see are either people don't submit needed paperwork or evidence or theres other issues like past crimes and stuff.

19 hours ago, reddbear said:

Don't worry, I forgot to add a WHOLE child :o I'm not too worried, I'll just explain my incompetence when I eventually get an interview! (Stepchild I never see, he's a fully grown man ) 

14 hours ago, Rusty72 said:

This may help you feel at ease

I did my "interview" on tues. 

I put it in quotes because it did not seem like an interview more like a verification of info they have. Is this right is that right are you still married is this all spelled carrectly.. 

Then all the yes no questions are you a member of this or that did you do this are you a terrorist and my favorite are you a public drunkard.

Then the english test and the civics test 

Sign this sceen a few time sign these papers ..

They did have an error about how many times my wife was married corrected it and signed paper to state it was corrected no big deal

And then

Done

He asked me to wait in waiting room so they could give me oath ceremony letter before I left.

It felt like they knew the answer before I even got there was so smooth.

Most of the delays I see are either people don't submit needed paperwork or evidence or theres other issues like past crimes and stuff.

Thank you both for putting my mind at peace.

I am now waiting for the biometrics and still pretty nervous, but not too worried anymore.

Let's hope for the best :)

@Rusty72 Where did you do your interview? And how long was your wait from day 1 to completion?

1 hour ago, moonsky said:

Thank you both for putting my mind at peace.

I am now waiting for the biometrics and still pretty nervous, but not too worried anymore.

Let's hope for the best :)

@Rusty72 Where did you do your interview? And how long was your wait from day 1 to completion?

I submitted on march 5th did my interview april 15 my oath was on april 17 

Was fast it was in Jacksonville Florida

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.