Roel

Green cards recalled! Wrong dates / RoC

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Manc73 said:

I have just sent my green card back in the pre-paid envelope provided to. They need to get it back to me before the end of June as we will be flying out to Britain.

What a mess, I hope this does not hold up my N-400 application, the biometrics appointments was in April and I am waiting for the interview.

After all the waiting we have to put up with nonsense........honestly :angry:

I also have incorrect "Residence Since" date. My N400 interview is in June. Before, I was worried about its implication during the interview.  I am more at ease base on the last paragraph of the recall notice.

"Spouses of U.S. citizens may apply for naturalization after three years of permanent residency and must meet other requirements. The incorrect date on these cards could lead applicants to wait longer than necessary to apply to become U.S. citizens."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Do we know if anyone has had notification of the USCIS receiving their recalled Greencards? Has anyone received a new Greencard after any alterations to the dates?

• 1 month later...

We returned our green card on May 22 and haven't heard very much since.  Its frustrating that they cannot keep their online status up to date to at least indicate they received the recalled green card from us.  

On June 27, 2018 at 2:15 PM, Tcarrol said:

We returned our green card on May 22 and haven't heard very much since.  Its frustrating that they cannot keep their online status up to date to at least indicate they received the recalled green card from us.  

Hi Tcarrol, I'm in the same situation. I sent my green card back with USPS tracking so I know my card was delivered to USCIS on May 25, yet I haven't got updates. I called the 800 number to expediate the case. However, two weeks have passed, still nothing. So frustrated... 

22 hours ago, waiziwazi said:

Hi Tcarrol, I'm in the same situation. I sent my green card back with USPS tracking so I know my card was delivered to USCIS on May 25, yet I haven't got updates. I called the 800 number to expediate the case. However, two weeks have passed, still nothing. So frustrated... 

Hello.  We wrote an email to the address on the recall letter and received an immediate response, saying they could not give specific information to us through email:

"Thank you for your inquiry dated June 21, 2018 about your Legal Permanent Resident card. For your security, we cannot provide case status from this mailbox. Please know that your card will be reissued with the same receipt number of your original card. When your card is remailed to you, new tracking information will appear in the case status online tool. You may track the status of your replacement card, please use the case status online tool: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do. With the updated tracking information, you will be able to track and confirm your card’s delivery at www.usps.com."

Our attorney made an inquiry and was able to get confirmation that they received our returned green card, so that made us feel a little better.  Our attorney also said that USCIS said we should wait until after July 5 before making another inquiry so maybe that means all of us will be receiving new green cards by that date.

Good luck and keep in contact.

8 hours ago, Tcarrol said:

Hello.  We wrote an email to the address on the recall letter and received an immediate response, saying they could not give specific information to us through email:

"Thank you for your inquiry dated June 21, 2018 about your Legal Permanent Resident card. For your security, we cannot provide case status from this mailbox. Please know that your card will be reissued with the same receipt number of your original card. When your card is remailed to you, new tracking information will appear in the case status online tool. You may track the status of your replacement card, please use the case status online tool: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do. With the updated tracking information, you will be able to track and confirm your card’s delivery at www.usps.com."

Our attorney made an inquiry and was able to get confirmation that they received our returned green card, so that made us feel a little better.  Our attorney also said that USCIS said we should wait until after July 5 before making another inquiry so maybe that means all of us will be receiving new green cards by that date.

Good luck and keep in contact.

Thanks for the information. I'll contact our senate office if there's still no update by the weekend after July 4th. This is getting so frustrating. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.