68 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, NancyLyz said:

No California doesn't do that. But the rep did say I should give them another call by 6-8 weeks if I have not received my DL yet. I already made an appointment for the end of September just in case.

The SAVE system is from USCIS and anyone can check their status. Try this website.

https://save.uscis.gov/casecheck/

2 yr GC approved 04/29/2019

10 yr GC approved 06/02/2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 7/26/2018 at 2:15 PM, txkangaroo said:

The SAVE system is from USCIS and anyone can check their status. Try this website.

https://save.uscis.gov/casecheck/

Thank you! I checked the site but it only shows on 7/2 the SSA verified my case and it has been returned to agency.

I don't see any records of DMV verifying my case on this website (which they told me they needed to verify with DHS).

I'm confused. Does that mean they never submitted a request and I needed to call them again to see what's going on?

In addition, adding to the frustration today, I was not able to take my HR certificate exam because they neither accepted my expired driver's license (in my maiden name) with a renewal notice under my married name nor my EAD card because it doesn't have a signature on it. I'm more than upset at this point knowing DMV hasn't even submitted a request yet.

I'll give them a call at the 6 weeks mark again and ask for the verification number.

Thanks a lot for the website anyway.

1 hour ago, NancyLyz said:

Thank you! I checked the site but it only shows on 7/2 the SSA verified my case and it has been returned to agency.

I don't see any records of DMV verifying my case on this website (which they told me they needed to verify with DHS).

I'm confused. Does that mean they never submitted a request and I needed to call them again to see what's going on?

In addition, adding to the frustration today, I was not able to take my HR certificate exam because they neither accepted my expired driver's license (in my maiden name) with a renewal notice under my married name nor my EAD card because it doesn't have a signature on it. I'm more than upset at this point knowing DMV hasn't even submitted a request yet.

I'll give them a call at the 6 weeks mark again and ask for the verification number.

Thanks a lot for the website anyway.

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this mess. Normally when the website showed the case was returned to agency (State DPS), it means we could go back to the DPS to renew the DL. Not really sure why there's no entry on the site. I think you should go to the DPS ASAP just to make sure, act as if this is your first time to renew. If the staff tell you there's a pending verification in the system, that'd be great, if not, they will put it in this time (I hope)...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, txkangaroo said:

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this mess. Normally when the website showed the case was returned to agency (State DPS), it means we could go back to the DPS to renew the DL. Not really sure why there's no entry on the site. I think you should go to the DPS ASAP just to make sure, act as if this is your first time to renew. If the staff tell you there's a pending verification in the system, that'd be great, if not, they will put it in this time (I hope)...

Yeah I'll give them a call again later. Is the DPS same as DMV, Department of Motor Vehicle? 

I'll ask for verification number if they said they've put in. If not, then I'd ask them what I need to do to get my Driver's license request verified.

25 minutes ago, NancyLyz said:

Yeah I'll give them a call again later. Is the DPS same as DMV, Department of Motor Vehicle? 

I'll ask for verification number if they said they've put in. If not, then I'd ask them what I need to do to get my Driver's license request verified.

Sounds good!

Yes, DPS shall be the DMV in Cali. In Texas they separated DPS from DMV and DMV only managed title issue, registration and alike.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

pdate 8/20/2018

I finally received my new Driver's license (almost 7 weeks after I applied in person in DMV). So the DMV representative was correct about the 4-6 weeks of processing time in California even if it has no record showing they're doing the verification.

For now I'm happy with everything and just keep collecting evidence for the interview.

It's been 4.5 months since I've submitted my package.

I honestly don't expect to see any updates on my interview scheduling until next spring.

And I've been reading posts from the April 2018 filers that they're starting to get their Combo card. Hope the journey goes smoother from now on.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, NancyLyz said:

pdate 8/20/2018

I finally received my new Driver's license (almost 7 weeks after I applied in person in DMV). So the DMV representative was correct about the 4-6 weeks of processing time in California even if it has no record showing they're doing the verification.

For now I'm happy with everything and just keep collecting evidence for the interview.

It's been 4.5 months since I've submitted my package.

I honestly don't expect to see any updates on my interview scheduling until next spring.

And I've been reading posts from the April 2018 filers that they're starting to get their Combo card. Hope the journey goes smoother from now on.

I am so glad for you that everything worked out and thank you for keeping us updated. I am sure this topic will help other people as much as it did help me because it was so detailed. 

And your last sentence really made me happy. I am a May 2018 filer. So I am hoping that my expedite will go through or that I'll just get my combo card soon. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, thepanda said:

I am so glad for you that everything worked out and thank you for keeping us updated. I am sure this topic will help other people as much as it did help me because it was so detailed. 

And your last sentence really made me happy. I am a May 2018 filer. So I am hoping that my expedite will go through or that I'll just get my combo card soon. 

Yeah thanks for your support and kind words. I hope you get your EAD soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.