Neledna100913

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

280 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, evapaula said:

I just received another iteration of the same notification, making it look like they transferred my case on May 1st and now transferred it again on May 3rd? In the "next steps" section it says:

"We will assign your case to an officer.   We will review your case and mail you our decision. If we need more information, we will notify you."

Does everyone else have the same message there? 

I got the same thing, worded the same way. I am an optimist, telling myself it's not a glitch. At least it is movement, right?  They blew the dust off and moved them, right?  Think positive!! :)

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

14 hours ago, dw12 said:

Do you know which local office they transfer your case to?

As far as we know it was not actually sent to a local office. With the roc we got 2 receipt numbers one worked  and one did not when we got the notice of transfer the first one was working. Looks like the transfer notice was to activate the reiterated number. No other notices were received till the approval showed up. 

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

3 hours ago, Dualie said:

I got the same thing, worded the same way. I am an optimist, telling myself it's not a glitch. At least it is movement, right?  They blew the dust off and moved them, right?  Think positive!! :)

I'm trying to be an optimist. But when it happened for so many applicants at the same date and time, it looks like a glitch! :whistle:

I-485 (AOS)

04/01/2015 Sent Form I-485.

05/06/2015 Scheduled the interview and mailed its notice.

06/16/2015 The Post Office picked up mail containing the new card.

06/16/2015 The 2 years Green Card was mailed to me.

06/18/2015 The 2 years Green Card in hand.

I-751 (ROC)

03/13/2017 Sent I-751 documents to CSC.

03/14/2017 Package received.

03/16/2017 Check cashed.

03/??/2017  NOA received.

03/14/2017 NOA dated.

03/27/2017 Biometrics. "walked-in" 

02/26/2018 Case transferred to my local office.

05/01/2018 Case transferred to another office.

05/03/2018 Case transferred to another office. 

05/07/2018 Received letter in mail, my case was transferred to NBC. "Letter's date is 05/01/2018" 

06/05/2018 Received letter in mail, they will do an interview at the same time, date and location of my N-400 interview. "06/21/2018"

06/21/2018 The combo interview (with N-400 interview). But it's still pending until they send me the result of this interview.

06/27/2018 The case was approved, with the N-400 approval. 

06/30/2018 Received the approval letter in mail.

N-400 (Under 3 Years Rule)

04/02/2018 Applied for N-400 Online. (I-751 is still pending) 

04/02/2018 Received NOA Online (Received in mail on 4/03/18).

04/27/2018 Biometrics.

05/14/2018 Scheduled the N-400 interview.

06/21/2018 Interview's date.

Passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test.

But: A decision cannot be made yet about my application. The reason is my pending I-751 file! 

06/27/2018 The case was approved (with the I-751 approval), and placed me in line for oath ceremony.

07/09/2018 Oath Ceremony was scheduled.

07/20/2018 Oath Ceremony.

U.S. Citizen and proud! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dualie said:

I don't know... I usually receive paper notices within 2 days of the online notification, and so far, no sign of USCIS in my mailbox. . 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, evapaula said:

I don't know... I usually receive paper notices within 2 days of the online notification, and so far, no sign of USCIS in my mailbox. . 

Same here, I have been checking the mailbox daily since the first notice this week but nothing so far.

Why can't the same information be given via email? I understand certain document needs to be physically mailed but something like this should be sent in the email. It is like we updated your case but just to mess with we will have to wait another week to find out.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Cincyman said:

I'm trying to be an optimist. But when it happened for so many applicants at the same date and time, it looks like a glitch! :whistle:

and the fact most of us are getting the message about Laguna Niguel (where CSC is) on the automated line makes me pretty convinced it's a glitch at this point. 

25 minutes ago, evapaula said:

and the fact most of us are getting the message about Laguna Niguel (where CSC is) on the automated line makes me pretty convinced it's a glitch at this point. 

“Received” notification is a glitch. “Transferred” is not. Or atleast thats how it seems. 

It also looks like only late nov early dec files are getting the transfer notification and they are next in line for a decision so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

“Received” notification is a glitch. “Transferred” is not. Or atleast thats how it seems. 

It also looks like only late nov early dec files are getting the transfer notification and they are next in line for a decision so 🤷🏻‍♂️

My notification is for i751, which i filed in March 2017. 

Just now, evapaula said:

Does it say case recieved or transferred?

Your filing month is months away from approval. So youre either part of the group thats getting the glitch when cases get transferred or small chance interview is coming soon. Other than that, this is time for nov/dec to be anxious. You’re doing yourself a disservice by paying attention to it before dec jan and feb filers get approved

13 minutes ago, evapaula said:

I say that because in feb many of us got the glitch too but it ended up being real case movement for those close to approval. Nothing happened for me then. 

Also back then the glitch for me only said your case was “recieved” and those that got letters their cases said “transferred”

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

Does it say case recieved or transferred?

Your filing month is months away from approval. So youre either part of the group thats getting the glitch when cases get transferred or small chance interview is coming soon. Other than that, this is time for nov/dec to be anxious. You’re doing yourself a disservice by paying attention to it before dec jan and feb filers get approved

It says case transferred. I also have a N400 pending, filed in Feb of this year, which seems to make timelines a little fuzzy (they are forced to adjudicate i751 before N400). 

How am I doing myself a disservice by paying attention to notifications on my case? :D 
I'm not getting too worked up about it.

Edited by evapaula

Just now, evapaula said:

It says case transferred. I also have a N400 pending, filed in Feb of this year, which seems to make timelines a little fuzzy (they are forced to adjudicate i751 before N400). 

How am I doing myself a disservice by paying attention to notifications on my case? :D 

If you’re stressing about it I meant and wondering if its a glitch haha. But def stay on top of it. Clearly the biggest problem in this process is missing something when you have a straightforward case

If it says transferred, then I got nothing, waiting game with incomplete info continues for everyone I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

If you’re stressing about it I meant and wondering if its a glitch haha. But def stay on top of it.

I'm obviously curious what's going on and ready to be done with this, but my life goes on just the same since I can work and travel without any issues. 

1 minute ago, evapaula said:

I'm obviously curious what's going on and ready to be done with this, but my life goes on just the same since I can work and travel without any issues. 

Its been my case too until Decision of my filing month got close and was told by few lawyers that if you’re denied for any reason including clerical error and you’re out of the country then you cant comeback. Thats bound to put unnecessary stress on anyone, still Im out of the country and planning to take life as it comes. 

41 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

I'm a January 2017 filer and I got a transfer notification...  Also have a N400 pending for 2 months.

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.