Neledna100913

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

280 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Apologies for creating any confusion.  ROC filed in December 2016 (CSC), N400 filed January 2018 (Detroit USCIS), N400 Interview scheduled April 10, 2018 Detroit, ROC interview conducted April 10, 2018 (prior to N400 interview for my wife), ROC approved May 4, 2018, N400 approved April 10, 2018.

I hope that helps.  The I751 interview was before the NOA showing it was approved.

Strange that the N-400 was approved before ROC.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

I have a question, the 3rd anniversary of my conditional GC will be on June 15th . I believe my NOA1 expires or expired in May. Do I have to absolutely get an I 55 ? I dont work. Can I get an I 55 if an unavoidable international travel crops up only? I am trying to avoid the 3 hour drive if possible. Thanks guys.

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
32 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

I have a question, the 3rd anniversary of my conditional GC will be on June 15th . I believe my NOA1 expires or expired in May. Do I have to absolutely get an I 55 ? I dont work. Can I get an I 55 if an unavoidable international travel crops up only? I am trying to avoid the 3 hour drive if possible. Thanks guys.

Your extension letter extends the validity of your GC by 1 year, so your anniversary date is the one that matters (not NOA date).

That being said, you don't have to get the stamp of you don't expect to need proof of status anywhere. 

7 minutes ago, evapaula said:

Your extension letter extends the validity of your GC by 1 year, so your anniversary date is the one that matters (not NOA date).

That being said, you don't have to get the stamp of you don't expect to need proof of status anywhere. 

I see, that would mean my extension letter expires on June🤔Thank youfor the info 🌻

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

I see, that would mean my extension letter expires on June🤔Thank youfor the info 🌻

Yes. We have not got the I-551 stamp, hard to find a InfoPass appointment. But yes for travels outside USA it is the only thing valid while I-751 and N-400 pending.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Mine expires in a few days too but I'm not in a rush to get a stamp yet. I'm hoping to see a a GC or n400 approval before I have to travel in September. 

I se

1 minute ago, evapaula said:

Mine expires in a few days too but I'm not in a rush to get a stamp yet. I'm hoping to see a a GC or n400 approval before I have to travel in September. 

I see, In that case I may hold off in the hope that a miracle happens too!Thank you.🍉🍍🍊🍋

Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
10 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

I se

I see, In that case I may hold off in the hope that a miracle happens too!Thank you.🍉🍍🍊🍋

Ours expired last Nov. Was debating to get it but recent activities gave new hope.

I know I should not hold my breath on it though.

48 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

Ours expired last Nov. Was debating to get it but recent activities gave new hope.

I know I should not hold my breath on it though.

😑Agreed! Prayerfully hopeful and waiting. Lets see how this goes! Blessings to all of us,  who wait.

Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, CoffeeVegan said:

😑Agreed! Prayerfully hopeful and waiting. Lets see how this goes! Blessings to all of us,  who wait.

I am also debating to get the I-551 stamp because my GC will expire next month. I believe I would be done with my naturalization in next couple of months so I don't need to get the extension stamp. 

1 hour ago, Name O Boy said:

I am also debating to get the I-551 stamp because my GC will expire next month. I believe I would be done with my naturalization in next couple of months so I don't need to get the extension stamp. 

I would like to dream that it woud happen so for us too, but I see folks from 2017 and probably 2016 still waiting. In any case we are leaning towards waiting for the second letter to come and if it doesnt by June 2nd, I am to contact them. So its another 3 weeks of waiting to see what unfolds. I wish someone would recieve the mail soon and we would all know the reason behind the transfer. Uncertainity is such a stressful season of life. I hope all of you guys have plentiful blessings, laughter and joy in your life to counter and blance all this.😊  

Edited by CoffeeVegan

Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
14 hours ago, CoffeeVegan said:

I would like to dream that it woud happen so for us too, but I see folks from 2017 and probably 2016 still waiting. In any case we are leaning towards waiting for the second letter to come and if it doesnt by June 2nd, I am to contact them. So its another 3 weeks of waiting to see what unfolds. I wish someone would recieve the mail soon and we would all know the reason behind the transfer. Uncertainity is such a stressful season of life. I hope all of you guys have plentiful blessings, laughter and joy in your life to counter and blance all this.😊  

Yeah, that's right you never know how long your case is going to take. Maybe I am very optimistic lollzzz . The transfer to NBC is a good step. If I don't hear from USCIS in next 2 months then I might get the extension stamp. My GC will expire next month. Let see how things unfold for us but I am positive as ever. 

30 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Yeah, that's right you never know how long your case is going to take. Maybe I am very optimistic lollzzz . The transfer to NBC is a good step. If I don't hear from USCIS in next 2 months then I might get the extension stamp. My GC will expire next month. Let see how things unfold for us but I am positive as ever. 

Same here, will do the same. Thank you.😊

Anne of Green Gables.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

You definitely are the optimistic one here. Me, I'm thinking, even after NBC sends my file to the local office, it will take Portland quite a few months to have me in for the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.