1,709 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2019 at 9:02 AM, malico89 said:

Just an update: I finally received the N400 interview notice in the mail and it explicitly says this will be a combo interview (November 27th).

I'm so excited to finally have dates for these things instead of just waiting endlessly!

Got an email update for N-400 interview yesterday now waiting for the actual letter in the mail. Online it shows the letter in the document tab already but it doesn’t say anything about ROC/N400 combo interview. Is that how it was for you too? I really can’t wait for the letter to arrive. 😅

1 hour ago, delisyus said:

Got an email update for N-400 interview yesterday now waiting for the actual letter in the mail. Online it shows the letter in the document tab already but it doesn’t say anything about ROC/N400 combo interview. Is that how it was for you too? I really can’t wait for the letter to arrive. 😅

Oh man, that document tab never updated for me before the letter arrived. The letter itself was very explicit about it being a combo interview. The format of the letter itself was very different from all other NOA letters though, so maybe that varies from field office to field office?

2 hours ago, malico89 said:

Oh man, that document tab never updated for me before the letter arrived. The letter itself was very explicit about it being a combo interview. The format of the letter itself was very different from all other NOA letters though, so maybe that varies from field office to field office?

I hope and think mine’s a combo too. I say this because my bro-in-law also applied the same time as me for N400 and looks like his is still stuck and waiting for the usual completion here in Phoenix of about 14mos. I was really surprised they scheduled my interview only 7mos into N400 application. But also 18mos waiting for an ROC update. Anyways thanks! Guess I just have to wait for the letter. 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, N and S said:

Hi all, 

Our file is still on the "fingerprint review completed" since July 11 2018. We asked our congressman to contact the USCIS on our behalf about our file status. We got a reply from them today after the congressman's enquiry. " VSC is currently processing Forms 1-751 filed on or before March 18 2018."  VSC's processing time for I-751 is ranging from 13.5 -20 months. 

Thought this might help someone who filed along with us, and is still waiting.

There are people who have filed after may 2018 who have had their approvals 

Edited by Pkr

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Finally got my interview date on November 21st. If Anyone went through interview yet from GC Renew, please let me know what questions they might ask. 

March 17th, 2016: Filled i130, i485, i765

March 18th,2016: Delivered USCIS Chicago

March 23rd,2016: Received 3 text/email with receipt #

March 24th,2016: checks cashed

Didn't receive NOA hard copy receipts in mail(not a problem,if you receive text or email)

April 8th,2016: received bio metrics for i-485 and i-765

April 14th,2016: Early walk in for bio-metrics Appointment (actual date was 18th april)

May 2nd, 2016: Received RFE for Joint Sponsor

May24th, 2016: Sent RFE back to USCIS

May 27th,2016: RFE received by USCIS

June 3rd, 2016: Request to Expedite EAD

June 6th,2016: EAD Approved

June 15th,2016: EAD received in mail

June 15th, 2016: Case status changed for i-485( case is ready to schedule to schedule for a interview)

June 23rd, 2016: Interview is scheduled for August 1st,2016.

August 1st, 2016: Got approved on GC interview

Auugust 1st 2016: case status changed for i-485 (case approved & we send you card to production)

August 4th, 2016: status changed "Card mailed to me"

Hello guys,

Anybody still waiting for I751 approval or it s just me waiting? I feel all alone and sad here...😌 no more posts, no more approvals... It s been 20 months for me and still no news from USCIS. I sent my I751 application to CSC exactly 20 months and 2 days ago and I didn’t apply for N400 . Anybody in the same situation? If yes let s just start another group to keep each other encouraged, that would be so nice. Thanks guys!

22 minutes ago, Hopegrace said:

Hello guys,

Anybody still waiting for I751 approval or it s just me waiting? I feel all alone and sad here...😌 no more posts, no more approvals... It s been 20 months for me and still no news from USCIS. I sent my I751 application to CSC exactly 20 months and 2 days ago and I didn’t apply for N400 . Anybody in the same situation? If yes let s just start another group to keep each other encouraged, that would be so nice. Thanks guys!

I here In the same hell like you 

Timeline
On 11/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, aakif said:

Finally got my interview date on November 21st. If Anyone went through interview yet from GC Renew, please let me know what questions they might ask. 

Got I751 Approval ttoday, after the interview yesterday. Good luck to everyone else. 

Didn't receive NOA hard copy receipts in mail(not a problem,if you receive text or email)

April 14th,2016: Early walk in for bio-metrics Appointment (actual date was 18th april)

June 15th, 2016: Case status changed for i-485( case is ready to schedule to schedule for a interview)

Auugust 1st 2016: case status changed for i-485 (case approved & we send you card to production)

Timeline
15 minutes ago, JJO said:

If you don't mind can you please share your experience, questions. 

Sure. 

Our Interview was at 8.15am. We reached there by 8.10am. We didn't had to wait for long, Immigration officer came out and asked me to come in for the interview and let me wife know, she will take her interview separately. 

She(Immigration officer) started my interview asking for my Driver License, passport and expired green card. 

She started the interview asking question from i751 form. Here are the list of questions she asked:

My full name, current address, date of birth, phone number, my wife's name, her phone number, date of our marriage, as i moved to 3 different address in last 4 year because of my job she asked all those address, asked if my wife lived with me on those address, asked if we have any attorney(which we don't) and few other questions from the form. 

After that she asked if i brought any other documentation to support my case, so i provided updated health insurance, 401k, lease, health insurance, car insurance documents to her. 

she asked why we don't have a join account together. My answer was: we had bank account before we knew each other and we preferred to use the same account, so we never felt the importance to have a joint account. 

Than she took a piece of paper to ask more questions, which she also asked my wife and validated our answers. some of those questions are:

Where do i work, How much money i make yearly, where do she work, How much she make yearly, if we had any vacation this year and details about those, if we have any future vacation plan(we already have a plan to visit my home country in December). so she asked if i have a ticket yet, as i didn't had a copy of my ticket with me,s he asked if i have a copy on my phone. So i showed both our ticket copy from my phone to her. she also asked details about our plan when we will visit my home country. Also asked what we do for fun together or what we do on weekend. We dont have any kids yet, so she also asked why and when we are planning to have one. As we have a Dog she asked where we take our Dog for walk. 

My interview finished with she asking if i have any questions for her. 

Than she called my wife for interview, She asked almost all the above questions to her. She also looked at my bank statement and seen that i transferred money to her. so she asked why i transferred those money. My wife replied as she didn't worked for few months, i paid for her school and credit cards. She also asked my wife, what color socks i am wearing today. 

After the interview she give me a piece of paper and told me she will review our case and let us know the result. As we both know so much about each other we were never worried about the questions but we were little worried about not having joint account and so many questions she asked. 

Hope all this information helps you. Our case got approved with in 24 hrs and case status got update "New card is being produced".

3 minutes ago, aakif said:

Sure. 

Our Interview was at 8.15am. We reached there by 8.10am. We didn't had to wait for long, Immigration officer came out and asked me to come in for the interview and let me wife know, she will take her interview separately. 

She(Immigration officer) started my interview asking for my Driver License, passport and expired green card. 

She started the interview asking question from i751 form. Here are the list of questions she asked:

My full name, current address, date of birth, phone number, my wife's name, her phone number, date of our marriage, as i moved to 3 different address in last 4 year because of my job she asked all those address, asked if my wife lived with me on those address, asked if we have any attorney(which we don't) and few other questions from the form. 

After that she asked if i brought any other documentation to support my case, so i provided updated health insurance, 401k, lease, health insurance, car insurance documents to her. 

she asked why we don't have a join account together. My answer was: we had bank account before we knew each other and we preferred to use the same account, so we never felt the importance to have a joint account. 

Than she took a piece of paper to ask more questions, which she also asked my wife and validated our answers. some of those questions are:

Where do i work, How much money i make yearly, where do she work, How much she make yearly, if we had any vacation this year and details about those, if we have any future vacation plan(we already have a plan to visit my home country in December). so she asked if i have a ticket yet, as i didn't had a copy of my ticket with me,s he asked if i have a copy on my phone. So i showed both our ticket copy from my phone to her. she also asked details about our plan when we will visit my home country. Also asked what we do for fun together or what we do on weekend. We dont have any kids yet, so she also asked why and when we are planning to have one. As we have a Dog she asked where we take our Dog for walk. 

My interview finished with she asking if i have any questions for her. 

Than she called my wife for interview, She asked almost all the above questions to her. She also looked at my bank statement and seen that i transferred money to her. so she asked why i transferred those money. My wife replied as she didn't worked for few months, i paid for her school and credit cards. She also asked my wife, what color socks i am wearing today. 

After the interview she give me a piece of paper and told me she will review our case and let us know the result. As we both know so much about each other we were never worried about the questions but we were little worried about not having joint account and so many questions she asked. 

Hope all this information helps you. Our case got approved with in 24 hrs and case status got update "New card is being produced".

Thank you very much. This definitely helps.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:19 PM, Hopegrace said:

Hello guys,

A divorce case? A complicated case? Or just normal case, jointly filed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.